Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > Mid Western Hemp breeding.

Thread Title Search
Mid Western Hemp breeding. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2019, 02:53 AM #31
G.O. Joe

G.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud ofG.O. Joe has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Dopesmoker View Post
the map of the Hunter Valley cannabis infestation in Australia outlines the river system.
They grow along rivers for the same reasons they grow in ditches, just a bigger ditch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt4genetics View Post
They escaped the farms in 1945, and have been self sustaining ever since.
It's not clear how much if any, or what hemp was grown for victory where exactly, but I would assume that after '37 there were tight controls on seed and farms, so there's a good chance that wartime seed contributes 0.00% to today's ditchweed.

The guy in the video I posted said birds use it as a seed source in the winter, but the ditchweed I've seen lately does not have a single seed past September. The seeds are very small and loosely held.

An unexpected problem with breeding with ditchweed was autoflowering and showers of seeds falling every time a plant was moved slightly. They proved to be dominant traits that just make them a hassle to breed with. This was when SB was still a big thing but I'm pretty sure they would have laughed at me if I asked if they wanted free ditchweed genetics.

In most places it's probably best to stay off gravel roads when you're up to something and have out of state plates. Those are the roads the noxious weed people go down all day and these days in many counties you're not likely to find ditchweed along rights of way such as roadside ditches, and public land in general. Maybe you can find something driving at home with google street view.

If you're just passing through and maybe back again you could drive the interstate looking for some monsters just outside the corn, note the location, and park on the shoulder after dark for a minute. Right next to good light, soil, water, and fertilizer is the only way to get a good sense of potential or problems.

But as the video says a particular ditchweed may have strange desirable traits, so if you were foolish enough to come all this way for ditchweed it's best to most inconspicuously spend a few hours with a few hundred plants and select the best.

I'd find river access points and bring someone else and a kayak and have a float, maybe camp out on someone's sandbar overnight. Airboating in ditchweed country is about as good as it gets, in ditchweed country.
G.O. Joe is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:21 AM #32
hunt4genetics

hunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla ganja View Post
Ace seeds has the Hokkaido hemp you are seeking.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I will check them out. Peace/

Old 04-27-2019, 08:27 PM #33
mexcurandero420
विएरॊक् लोवेर

mexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivor
Not all what was grown was hemp back then.

Quote:
Dewey (1914) noted that a Turkish narcotic type of land race called “Smyrna” was commonly used in the early 20th century in the US to produce birdseed, because (like most narcotic types of Cannabis) it is densely branched, producing many flowers, hence seeds.
mexcurandero420 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:55 PM #34
hunt4genetics

hunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nice
Anyone know where to get sub 0.3% THC Hemp seeds that are not $300 plus for a pound of seeds?

Old 05-04-2019, 11:57 PM #35
hunt4genetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexcurandero420 View Post
Not all what was grown was hemp back then.
Any idea what strain the us was growing in The Philippines before Japan occupied them, forcing the US to grow Hemp domestically i.e "Hemp for victory" ?

Old 05-05-2019, 11:38 AM #36
mexcurandero420
विएरॊक् लोवेर

mexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt4genetics View Post
Any idea what strain the us was growing in The Philippines before Japan occupied them, forcing the US to grow Hemp domestically i.e "Hemp for victory" ?
Manilla hemp is a total different plant.Abacá Musa textillis

In volcanic soil we trust

Quote:
The natural state in which hemp appears was and is dioecious. Monoeciousness is artificial in hemp, it can only exist with the help of man, and without selection, the dioecious state will return in two or three generations. I. Bócsa (RIP)
Quote:
BTW that pluton sucked. We grew it outside-looked awesome, smelled great, everything but when dried, it had 0% high.
Quote:
I see it as a kind of wonder drug of our time - Dr.Lester Grinspoon
mexcurandero420 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:58 PM #37
hunt4genetics

Did my research, in a few hours I plan to purchase Ace seed's Hokkaido hemp seeds. Before I order any last minute recommendations for hemp seeds sold to the public, that is not around $300 USD per pound? More like a 10-15 seed packs ($25-$30 range)? Thanks.

Peace.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:28 AM #38
J-Icky

J-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Boogieman' View Post
I can definitely get you midwest hemp seeds if you really want, I have to be careful being caught with midwest hemp can get me charged. I won't be able to get them until about mid September though. I have blue widow x midwest hemp, special queen x midwest hemp, and Durban poison x midwest hemp lol I just been sticking the seeds from my grows in jars the plan was to use them for sst but I don't really care.

PDX Dopesmoker about mid September the seeds are ready, but it's much easier to find stands in November as it's the only green plant left standing in Indiana. Along creeks, irrigation ditches, and railroad tracks are the best spots to find it.
Not gonna ask what part of Indiana your from but I live in northern Indiana just below Michigan and everything you’ve said about the ditch weed is true.
Round these parts once legalization started to take off across the country a few years back the local authorities quit bothering the help stands. In the late 90s they wasted so much time and money trying to eradicate it but these days it can be found in state parks and the rangers don’t even bother trying to cut it, some even encourage its growth for the seeds that the local wildlife with eventually eat.

As far as being useful for our purposes, well it’s gonna take a good decade of solid breeding to get it to be even close to worth anything as the genes in thisnhemp seem to be very dominant and even if crosses with OG or Chem the F1s would be very low THC with very little smell and a hay like taste. I’ve known a few people that had crops pollinated and then grew the seeds out and even tried the whole “make the hemp good weed” thing by planting high thc seeds in the middle of stands but in the end the hemp kills the good stuff and eventually nature just returns it to hemp.

The one thing I would like to see is a lab test to see what cannabinoids it does contain and in what ratios. For all we know it could contain cannabinoids that have long been bred out of modern drug strains and could just as, or even more useful than CBD.
J-Icky is offline Quote