Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Monsanto plans to patent genetically modified marijuana in Uruguay

Thread Title Search
Monsanto plans to patent genetically modified marijuana in Uruguay Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2015, 11:11 AM #11
stoney917
i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD

Location: sPeCial EdUcAtIoN tRaiLoR behind the school with the rest of the window lickers
stoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond repute
How does a 1 yr old thread bout this shit get unburried., i understand strain n grow threads for info purpose...but a 1yr old thread on Uruguay. .. fukin weird shit...n look at the old man better memory the 90% of us... got a great laugh....

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:11 PM #12
Kaabon

Kaabon will become famous soon enoughKaabon will become famous soon enough
hahaha I didn't even notice the original post date
Kaabon is offline Quote

Old 07-15-2015, 01:50 PM #13
merc500

merc500 has a spectacular aura aboutmerc500 has a spectacular aura aboutmerc500 has a spectacular aura about
the "HELL WEED" will always be controlled by the under the radar growers over the last 50 years. the one's who risked everything to grow it. the guys right here. as it should be !
merc500 is offline Quote

Old 07-15-2015, 02:31 PM #14
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivor
There is no GMO weed in Uruguay or any place else.
Monsanto with a patent on GMO Cannabis? Where is the patent#, they are all public info, show it.
I know that GMO Cannabis has been looked for and not found by a scientist that just knew there was GMO Cannabis, but just could not find any:

Investigations into the Hypothesis of Transgenic Cannabis
Fidelia Cascini
ABSTRACT: The unusual concentration of cannabinoids recently found in marijuana samples submitted to the forensic laboratory for chemical analysis prompted an investigation into whether genetic modifications have been made to the DNA of Cannabis sativa L. to increase its potency. Traditional methods for the detection of genetically modified organisms (GMO) were used to analyze herbal cannabis preparations. Our analyses support the hypothesis that marijuana samples submitted to forensic laboratories and characterized by an abnormal level of Δ(9)-THC are the product of breeding selection rather than of transgenic modifications. Further, this research has shown a risk of false positive results associated with the poor quality of the seized samples and probably due to the contamination by other transgenic vegetable products. On the other hand, based on these data, a conclusive distinction between the hypothesis of GMO plant contamination and the other of genetic modification of cannabis cannot be made requiring further studies on comparative chemical and genetic analyses to find out an explanation for the recently detected increased potency of cannabis.
Journal of Forensic Sciences 12/2011; 57(3):718-21. DOI:10.1111/j.1556-4029.2011.02021.x
Sam_Skunkman is offline Quote

Old 07-15-2015, 10:23 PM #15
Kaabon

It could already be in development. Getting a patent for a schedule 1 is going to take some serious strings being pulled, even by a company as big as Monsanto. Patents aren't always recognized between countries either so it's highly likely there isn't a patent yet. Once it is finally removed from schedule 1, I'm sure Monsanto will have somebody signing paperwork at the patent office the same day.
Kaabon is offline Quote

Old 07-15-2015, 10:25 PM #16
Kaabon

Plus I don't think they will GMO cannabis for increased potency. They will do it to make it more resistant to round-up lol.
Kaabon is offline Quote

Old 07-17-2015, 03:13 AM #17
glow
Banned

glow is a jewel in the roughglow is a jewel in the roughglow is a jewel in the roughglow is a jewel in the roughglow is a jewel in the roughglow is a jewel in the rough
Love these fear mongering threads. They always give me a great laugh and tell others that stoners are paranoid schitzoids. Be afraid, be very very afraid the big bad Monsanto is coming and over taking with Franken Pot. And rather GMO than Satnky Balls PGR laden swhag.
glow is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:51 AM #18
Skinny Leaf

Skinny Leaf is a glorious beacon of lightSkinny Leaf is a glorious beacon of lightSkinny Leaf is a glorious beacon of lightSkinny Leaf is a glorious beacon of lightSkinny Leaf is a glorious beacon of lightSkinny Leaf is a glorious beacon of lightSkinny Leaf is a glorious beacon of lightSkinny Leaf is a glorious beacon of lightSkinny Leaf is a glorious beacon of lightSkinny Leaf is a glorious beacon of lightSkinny Leaf is a glorious beacon of light
https://www.google.com/patents/US201...ed=0CCQQ6AEwAQ

There is no fear mongering. I have posted this before. Call it whatever one likes. All it says to me is keep my grow equipment.
Skinny Leaf is offline Quote

Old 07-17-2015, 04:48 AM #19
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivorSam_Skunkman is a survivor
This is not a patent for a Cannabis GMO variety that is being sold anywhere.
It is a GM method that could be used to make Cannabis in the future, but it is not being used, do you understand the difference? It is not a specific plant patent, it is a utility patent, that protects the method used.
Monsanto is not connected to it, and neither is Uruguay.
Not even close....
-SamS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Leaf View Post
https://www.google.com/patents/US201...ed=0CCQQ6AEwAQ

There is no fear mongering. I have posted this before. Call it whatever one likes. All it says to me is keep my grow equipment.
Sam_Skunkman is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:26 AM #20
RetroGrow

RetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant future
A vote for Hillary is a vote for Monsanto.
That said, there have been a number of false stories on the internet about Monsanto having patents on GMO Cannabis. These have been discredited, but at first blush seem real, and others copy and paste it on other sites, and the rumor is on.
This explains the situation:
https://www.mintpressnews.com/did-mon...ijuana/204480/
RetroGrow is offline Quote