What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

As of today what is the absolute MOST POTENT cannabis strain available?

*mr.mike*

...so this THC measurement is % of weight? So if the plant was in fact 22% THC, what about the other cannabinoids?

For instance, if I had ten grams of great, trimmed bud that was 22% THC, you're saying I would get 3 grams (because of the other stuff in it)of hash?

Mine has always been the OG Kush, Bubba Kush...Now Master Kush was a MIND**** itself....i'd put Master Kush above all...but thats just my Own Though...Question: how muich would it cost me to get a machine like that where they test the THC, Canibnoids CBN, CBD?...I believe the best shit grown is going to be in someones closet out of the hands of others...this thread is ****ing awesome :lurk:

Yeah, this is a REALLY subjective question, not to mention interminably variable, due to wide differences in growing environment and method, drying and curing methods, etc. Plus, it also depends on what your intention of getting high is. Do you wanna be couchlocked and subdued? Inspired getting higher and active? But I've liked noting that I'm not alone in preferring sativas to indicas, potency notwithstanding!

koalaponics

get yourself an african sativa, go to new mexico and grow it at 7000 foot elevation. The UV rays will make it the wizard smoke for sure.

teddynugent

In my opinion, I don't think you can really ever say that 1 particular strain is "The Most Potent". Now, this is just my opinion, so take it as that. But the way I look at it is like this.... There are a handful of strains, both Sativa and Indica that could all be considered "The most potent". It all depends on how you personally react to that strain's high. For example, theres people who prefer that heavy Indica high, and enjoy the more relaxing stone Indicas generally give. So if this person smoked a joint of some of the purest strain of real haze, they could have an instant panic/anxiety attack and so then they'd say that pure haze is the strongest because of the effect it caused.
Another person who usually likes to smoke mainly sativas because the high they get is more enjoyable to them (due to the fact we all have different brain chemistry) may find an indica buzz unenjoyable. For Ex: someone with ADD may prefer a Sat. because it'll help relax them. Another person with anxiety problems may prefer a Indica because thats what relaxes them. Kind of the same as the way Ritalin calms a person who is hyper-active but is like speed to someone who is not.

Anyway, having said that, I give you my opinion on what I think the strongest/most potent strains are to me.
The best stuff I ever smoked hands down was supposedly HP13. It definitely had some sort of hashplant (or at least some hashy tasting parent in it). I only smoked it once ever and I took 2 good hits off a pipe, and literally couldnt take a 3rd.

As far as strains that can actually be found(and not counting the HP13): A local strain called Blitz would be the strongest pot I've smoked/grown. It's an amazing pheno of NL#5xHaze that had me and all my friends stuck in 1 spot, staring off ina daze and basically drooling on ourselves and staring at the wall for a good hour.
Tied with the Blitz is a strain of G13 that I kind of lucked into getting. It's another one that just puts you into your own little world for a while and makes it hard to do much but sit down somewhere. But the body high is just so amazing and I'll sometimes even get mild trails from it.
The high I enjoy the most (my favorite all-around pot) is the original Brother's Grimm C99. The smell, taste, yield and especially the high I just love and cant get enough of (which is why I grew only that for 3 years straight).
And close behind the C99 is a great pheno of Bubbleberry a friend gave me. We all called it Happy Weed because it would always put everyone in a great mood & have everyone laughing, joking around and we always had the greatest times when we'd all get together and smoke it.

I could go on and on, but I'm just going to stop there because there's just so many different strains with different highs, and I enjoy so many of them.
For me, I could care less what the most potent weed is. I'd rather have a good variety of strains, all with their own unique highs, so I can smoke whichever one fits the current situation....

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
mojo,
In fact if THC and CBD are smoked at the same time CBD does not block but rather modulates the THC by delaying onset, reducing peak effects, and making it last longer. While a good dose of CBD first before the THC will block most of the THC effects. So does THCV block THC's effects.
BTW I don't think you have to worry about CBD, most western bred Cannabis has almost zero CBD, so I doubt you will run into it, don't worry.
You still don't think the subjective effects of several repeated small doses of Cannabis is the same as one big hit of the same total weight do you?
Maybe you need to get a bong and try an experiment, try 5 X .2 gram hits on a bong, one after the other first thing in the day, next day first thing try 1 hit of 1 gram. Which got you higher?

-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
BTW, to me it was Original Haze in the 70's. A combo of the strongest pure Sativa with the tastes and highs that can't be beat, for me.

-SamS

booforever

Sam i wonder if you ever tried any weed from the Sinaloa area of Mexico? I remember Antonio Escohotado saying it was some of the trippiest sheeit ever?

H

Hazeseeker

2 of the most powerful, ticks all the boxes type strains that i've tried so far are Super Silver Haze and NL5 x Haze, although overall i think i've only sampled around 20 different strains to date, can't wait to try Neville's Haze, Mango Haze, would love to try OT's Haze also :yes: , Hazeseeker :ying:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Many times in the 60's. I saw tons of it. But to be honest although Mexican is a Sativa and the smells, tastes, and high can be wonderful, to me most Mexican was never quite as strong as I like. You must remember that it was all seeded in the 60's. Sinsi was not around in California until the very late 60's early 70's.
Anyway yes I do remember Sinaloan weed, altho I think it was also a staging area for Cannabis from other areas of Mexico to be moved to the USA, some of the oldest Mexican families that moved Mota were found from Sinaloa.

-SamS

C

crownedsparrow

sam, so when you said:
try 5 X .2 gram hits on a bong, one after the other first thing in the day, next day first thing try 1 hit of 1 gram. Which got you higher?
what were you saying is the correct answer?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
mojo,
In fact if THC and CBD are smoked at the same time CBD does not block but rather modulates the THC by delaying onset, reducing peak effects, and making it last longer. While a good dose of CBD first before the THC will block most of the THC effects. So does THCV block THC's effects.
BTW I don't think you have to worry about CBD, most western bred Cannabis has almost zero CBD, so I doubt you will run into it, don't worry.
You still don't think the subjective effects of several repeated small doses of Cannabis is the same as one big hit of the same total weight do you?
Maybe you need to get a bong and try an experiment, try 5 X .2 gram hits on a bong, one after the other first thing in the day, next day first thing try 1 hit of 1 gram. Which got you higher?

-SamS

I think the highest cbd values can be measured from those increasingly popular ruderalis hybrids. Not loads of it, but probably more than most strains.

Btw, now that were at it, have you come across Oldtimer's Haze lineage? I'm interested to know how close it comes to that original haze of the old days.

crownedsparrow said:
sam, so when you said:
try 5 X .2 gram hits on a bong, one after the other first thing in the day, next day first thing try 1 hit of 1 gram. Which got you higher?
what were you saying is the correct answer?

I think hes trying to say, I dunno I could be wrong that if you smoke 5x .2 gram hits on a bong your to stay high....if you smoke 1 gram of weed thats your high...doesnt matter how much more you smoke it's not going to get you any higher...its just going to get you more lazy, dumbfounded....thats just my thoughts on the question

D

Dalaihempy

I personaly dont think you can say this or that is the strongest plant i rember many old school things that were all diffrent yet all very very strong.

I love haze hybreeds you put the effert into selection you will be rewarded.

I loved and miss very much my old mauie sativa i still think that was my personal grail searchet for her for over 20 years thats how good it was.

I rember a lot of the stuff that got imported in from asia / africa / americas so on all had something very special to offer.

I rember growing seed found in pan red and columbine red strains imported in the 70s the plants that were grown look nothing like what i have seen posted now days very nice smoke to.

I rember smokeing african black in 79 or 1980 would love to have that agine.

Rember seeing a friends Acupulco Gold plants never tryed it but never seen a plant like them since.

I rember the jamaican that came in 79 agine never seen flowers like it they screwd like a cork screw unique looking flowers very strong.

I rember in 79 my first smoke of what i belive was pure haze it was called tripping heads here the flowers were so leafy airy you would be mistaken to think it was nothing but leaf one hit and you would be high for hours and hours.

I could go on and on i rember a lot of the old school stuff and that was ow seed bank back then wish i new what i know now back then id of gone on a collection mission and storded things right and refreshet stock every 10 years i realy miss the old school sats but saying that some still to be found a few of the modern genetics offerd can be realy good also after all there perent line is some of the old school lines.

I read a lot of growers rubbish dutch mj but yes some can be comlet rubbish shit in short not even worth mixing with hash i have thrown out complet grows in to the trash but some of it can be as strong as some of the old things i rember not going to name strains as i think each of us likes diffrent things .

But not one strain i feel can be labeled the queen of potency as each line gives a unique affect you could have 10 very strong strains yet each one gives you a diffrent high.

Mr.Waters

Pineapple Express
It's like if the blue oyster shit and african kush shit had a baby and the northern lights shit and the super red expresso snowflake had a baby and somehow those 2 babies f u c k e d.

You'll hear more about it next summer. I promise.

Last edited:

Babombeez

BOG once told me his Sour Bubble was 32% THC... White Russian from Serious Seeds is some super good smoke, so incredibly tasty and potent... Some of the Kush's are in the high 20's I bet, perhaps some 30's too... Never know until you get it tested yourself...

Beez

G

Sam_Skunkman said:
mojo,

-SamS

Sam, I knew there was something besides your talent for producing and maintaining kickass genetics. You want me to experiment with drugs, lmfao.

I can do that! :rasta: :spank: :wave:

I believe more smoke actually comes into contact with the alveoli of the lungs in 5 hits than it does 1 but I'll report back, sir. hehe

No seriously, I'm sure you're right. But it doesn't really matter, I'm gonna experiment with drugs anyway.

Thanks for answering, big guy.

Peace

Brett

Sam,

Yr. thoughts on CBD vs. THC explain the difference between the best import hash and waterhash. I'd rather have the gooey Maroc, but then again I'm one of those nicotine junkies who's always mixing fine hash with the devil weed. I'm trying to get 50 posts so I can PM you.

Latest posts

Latest posts