What's new

Maxibloom or 6/9 in coco! Your thoughts?

Hey all I'm looking at going with a nutrient mix and sticking with it. My RO filter puts out about 40ppm never higher than 50ppm. Which do you like better in your coco
Buckets? 6/9 or maxibloom? And do they both need cal mag?

Looking forward to hearing your experiences

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Neither should need Cal-mag.

I've ran a bit of both. Both work great. Maxi @7g/Gal (1.8 EC) is full strength lucas and a bit strong for coco. It's a full hydro dose so I'd suggest diluting that down to 1.2 - 1.5 EC.

6/9 works. No need to wait to dissolve. You pay a bit more, but I ultimately ended back with 6/9 before finally going over to Jacks+CalNit.

If running MaxiBloom DO NOT use hot water. Toss it in some room temp water and let it stir around for a bit using a small pump before using it. Should dissolve fully.

Cal-Mag is not needed. Epsom is not needed although a foliar of it now and then doesn't hurt if you've got some hungry feeders or are seeing slight Mg-. Most issues are a result of not fulfilling your cation banks (coco needs satisfied 1st). Most issues stem from water frequency. Once you get established don't let it dry. Opt for an increase in watering frequency rather then an increase in fert strength.

KISS

PS - I've had great results using BloomBastic on top of 6/9 at 1mL/Gal starting around week 3. Plumps them up quick. Not needed, but caused no issues in my gardens.

Why should hot water not be used with maxibloom?

In previous posts I've read supposedly the calcium falls out of the nutrient solution mix. All recommendations lead to mixing maxibloom into the full nutrient solution and to not premix into hot jar. Might take a little longer for everything to mix properly but this has been the go to process for the past couple years

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
6/9 is easier .... i keep calmag around cuz with ro n certain strains u will need it i like 2.5ml per gal no more then 3ml.... if u wanna do more a bit of diamond nectar dont hurt. Niether does a boost at the right time. .... but 6/9 is really all u need....

Z

Ziggaro

6/9 no doubt. All of that PK in the maxibloom makes it really subpar for the first 6 weeks or so of flower, especially in coco. 6/9 gives a lot more control too. You can lower micro and raise bloom in flower when Ca and N needs are reduced..good stuff.

I run the H3ad formula which is a variation of 6/9. Ph'd to 5.8. I add in Bloombastic for the last 6 weeks of flower, before the flush.

Z

Ziggaro

brainz dude I didn't realize this was your thread but my advise is to pick something and stick with it for a little bit.
Most coco formulas have higher Ca than N so I'd probably add a touch of Ca in the first few weeks of flower too. If you are waiting for symptoms you might not even know you need more calcium.
Plants grow "fine" in all sorts of conditions but if you give them what they want you will stop saying you had no problems and start saying they worked great. You will stop saying they grow fine and start remarking how explosive they are.

CoCoSativas

Hey all I'm looking at going with a nutrient mix and sticking with it. My RO filter puts out about 40ppm never higher than 50ppm. Which do you like better in your coco
Buckets? 6/9 or maxibloom? And do they both need cal mag?

Looking forward to hearing your experiences

I chose liquid over solid. I started using hydro food for the convenience of it over solids, especially because I came from years of organic.

I found 6 ml per gal was too much N, had to use 5 ml per gal, but my sativas hate the N by day 7, but it was too much from the beginning of flower as soon as I dialed it back a very one was happy.

Add fulvic acid for better results...

I used the flora kleenex. Glad I did test buds unwashed with it were fucking NASTY! Black ash, coughing like you wouldn't believe. Just gross. I used the flora kleen with a enzyme on my flush, canna says use zym gh flora kleen, I figured it would be worth a try to use both, I was pleasantly surprised my bud is as white as my organic was and the ash is light and fluffy blows away freely so I'm satisfied I never expected to produce hydro food fed dope that's as clean as my organic, better yield, smells and tastes grea, overall quality is better...

I have been using Maxibloom for a few years. It works well for me.
My starting water is less than 0.1ec.
I only use CalMag when I rinse the coco.

cmorehaze

I use MB but with floralicous plus,1ml per gallon.As a folar its also great.If I want lower branch growth one folar application of Floralicous plus and results are over night.
I drop the MB to 5 grams,add 1-2ml of KB,1ml of Floralicous plus and during peak week 7 bump KB up to 2.5ml per gallon.
MB is so inexpensive I use a 50% runoff each feeding and sometimes 60%.
I rarely ever go over 1.6 ec with that much runoff of and I'm still saving compared to liquids.
I've used enough ru off so that in and out ec have same value.