What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Only A/C and Co2 (no intake or out take)

Setup my room with 2,000 watts air-cooled venting air from a different room through the lights. I have a 12,000 but a/c pumping the room full of cold air. So the temperature seems to be staying good even in the summer heat. About 75 degrees in the room. I am trying to add in co2 by just unleashing the gas in the room on occasion. Really would like a controller for the tank im using.

My question is do i really need intake and outake of fresh air or is it all okay as long as there is co2 and an A/C???

You are moving in the direction of a sealed room. You will need a dehumidifier to keep the RH in check if you don't vent. Even then some people will vent 1-2 during night cycle to keep co2 and RH from spiking. If you run co2 you do NOT want intake and exhaust during lights on or you waste you co2

If your ambient temps/ environment is insulates 12,000 BtU should cool your lights with out air cooled. Ditch the air cooled and pull the glass from your reflectors and get 10% more light output. It is easier than you think to suck your co2 through the air cooled lights. Is your a/c portable unit, that will suck your c02 out too

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
^what Dave said. No need for fresh air.. you are providing what they breath via co2 injection. Def get it on a controller though.. you can get a simple blueprint setpoint controller for $~200 or so. You want co2 levels to be constant 1050 - 1200 during lights on.

Some vent at night..others don't.

If you gotta keep the AC hoods w/ glass be sure you are pushing through the chain from outside the room to outside the room. You want your hoods/ducting to maintain positive pressure so that any leaks will result in air being pushed into the room as opposed to be pulled out, thus bypassing your scrubber.

thanks for the input, def thinking i need a dehumidifier. And the air for my air-cooled lights does come from outside the room so I'm set. Looking at it, i probably don't need the lights air cooled with such powerful a/c, but thats what I'm rolling with so maybe next time. in the future no aircooled only bigger a/c , swamp cooler, and dehumidifier and more lights.....

Asslover

Veteran
My question is do i really need intake and outake of fresh air or is it all okay as long as there is co2 and an A/C???

Nope, you DO NOT need to intake/out take air. Add a dehumidifier, at lights off theirs not enough heat for the AC to stay running and humidity will spike. Adding a dehuey will keep humidity down and the warm air will make the AC come on, making a nice cycle. Thats how i do it...
When $$$ allows, get a co2 regulator and controller. I use a cheap Hydro Innovations. A constant co2 level does magic with healthy plants in a sealed room :biggrin:

Granger2

Veteran
A swamp cooler will produce high RH air. I wouldn't use one in a sealed room. It will compete with you dehu. Good luck. -granger

Latest posts

Latest posts