What's new

petrolia headstash or herojuana

relic1981

Veteran
out of these two strain which would you pick and why? im leaning towards the herojuana right now... anyone know if these are available at seedbay?

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I had a herojuana plant that reminded me of cookie dough, was a frost queen, but other than those two things, nothing to write home about, it was S A N N I E S work though

bigbag

Veteran
Reef had a Petrolia Headstash for ages, mainly as a breeding tool. Breeder Brad has the Killer New Haven as well. Steve Tuck is who claims these strains...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does Brad really have the KNH??? THAT is something I'd like to discuss...

And Tom - fill me in, please, on what you know about that "pre-soviet afghan" ...

Tuck said the Petrolia was all bunk - except for some reason he found a male that just bred pure gold. So, I'd not look at Petrolia as a growers seed line - but perhaps may be some breeding gems in the mix.

A pheno I found in some of Tuck's Heri still stands as the strongest, most narcotic indica I've ever had...the tinctures were literally drool inducing - and not from taste. It was true nacro zombie weed...

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I'm not mistaken, it was HillBilly Dreams, ie Steve Tuck that made Heri - it was bought out by Woodhorse - Motarebel got it from Woodhorse and then S annie got it...

dank.Frank

30years

i knew steve when he lived here in humboldt. he got his salmon creek big bud and the train wreck cuttings from me. he gave me maybe the best nlxhaze hybrid I've ever had in exchange so it was a pretty good trade. any how the petrolia head stash was a line that he used to breed into his cut to make the heri. when the breed was taking place it was all lucy, steves lady, could talk about. she used to call it the poop. this strain is the poop she would always say.
the head stash was an old afi line that steve pulled a killer male from. the resulting progeny were some of the strongest indicas you could smoke. i wish i still had a copy. i haven't seen tuck in over a decade...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for chiming in, 30 years. The Heri I had was sorted from seeds received as a gift from Tuck. I used to run that cut mono-crop under a 400w in a 2 x 2 cabinet - and it was the only plant I grew for nearly 3 years. That cut kept me alive and pain free - I long for meds as strong as she was...

Nice to hear a little more background...

Do you know any more specifics about that Headstash male? Where he sourced the seeds, perhaps?

dank.Frank

30years

steve did a good job of hunting genes when he was here. at that time the euro lines were the rage and he had a fantastic collection of them from his time there. he was able to acquire a bunch of the old time local strains that ended up being discarded when the purple took over by trading the euro genes for the local genes. many thought the euro lines were the future. funny how that all plays out in the long run.
the head stash came out of petrolia/honeydew area and was just one of the incredible indicas/afi types that used to be so prevalent here. just stuff of legend now...

Tom Hill

Veteran
petrolia headstash is a scam perpetrated by the likes of these clowns.. its some unknown seed out of some retired growers stash who retired in petrolia.. if your lucky,,

Tom Hill

Veteran
Dr J and the likes used to compare it to deep chunk.. Maybe its better maybe its all of that but to compare steve tucks 3 months in humboldt to my lifetimes work was more than a bit insulting.. regardless of his nod visions and lack of holding to terra firma as a man..

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Dr J and the likes used to compare it to deep chunk.. Maybe its better maybe its all of that but to compare steve tucks 3 months in humboldt to my lifetimes work was more than a bit insulting.. regardless of his nod visions and lack of holding to terra firma as a man..

:tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So Tom, what you are telling me...is I need to source the KHN and hit it with some DC pollen...

All I know is the cut I found in those beans was the strongest indica I've come across. It tasted like dirt and burnt coffee grounds - so it never really won any fans in that department - but the tincture from her was truly divine. I would sleep so deeply and waking up with drool running down my face was not at all uncommon.

I have been hunting for something ever since I lost her...honestly.

dank.Frank

Tom Hill

Veteran
Dirt and coffee grounds sounds like a dc hybrid hahaha.. hey bro whatever it was if it floats your boat go with it,, but all of that shit from steve tuck was bullshit,, he was a scam artist that got caught and ran out of humboldt faster than a crackhead jumping fences.. to hear my neighbor tell it..

Tom Hill

Veteran
In anyway,, i would not print it if i thought it would come back to haunt me,, what i say is true..

Tom Hill

Veteran
u guys can forget all about some cultivar in petrolia called headstash and all of its history.. it was all a scam..

Tom Hill

Veteran
it just goes to show u i or any of us can toss something together and get lucky i guarantee u he had no idea which one of his bullshit stories would make him the most dough rey me.. Welcome to reality..

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I didn't know him personally...

More so than anything, I'm trying (have been for years) to understand why that particular line had such a massive effect on me...and just like anything else, the more background I can gather - the more likely I am to stumble across something along those lines again...

Perhaps I really do need to get on top of things and run some DC and her hybrids.

From what I remember Killer New Haven was a 70/30 sativa/indica - so I must have found a pheno leaning to the fathers side of things...

Very well could have been a DC male - would make a bit of sense. I guess I never considered that directly because the plant didn't frost up like one would expect a classic DC to...

Either way - I'm just glad to be discussing it with people that go further back and can contribute new information. Thanks!!

dank.Frank