What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Beginners attmpt at organic-hydro ADVICE needed

miawjc3

This is my first attempt at organic hydroponics and eventually will be graduating to an aquaponics system when I get the nitrification cycle fully started and some goldfish stocked. My first attempt is a bagseed seedling plant that seems to possess some sort of strong indica traits which should hopefully yield higher. The seedling was placed in a net pot lined with a coco liner then the net pot was filled with Burpee seed starting mix made from coco which I rinsed extremely well and then mixed in organic humus inoclated with ESPOMA BIOTONE STARTER PLUS. The net pot was then placed in a one gallon container full of hydroton that I flood with tea made from alfafa meal and blacksrtap mollasses. The tea is ph’d to about 5.8 and replenished every three days.
A few questions though:
Anyone recommend better fish for aquaponics ?
Is the coco net liner necessary to keep this micro grow experiment truly organic hydroponic?
Is 5.8 the correct ph for this setup?
Any advice and feedback is needed and appreciated. I’m shooting in the dark here and appreciate any help

Attachments

• 000_0009.jpg
    000_0009.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 000_0007.jpg
    000_0007.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 000_0008.jpg
    000_0008.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 25

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Advice?

Read up on aquaponics. ;) Seriously.

There's a couple months(year?) of reading on here regarding organics as well. Read all the stickies first and then branch out into any area you have questions on.

Once you can't answer your own questions... post your specifics up here and folks will be more than happy to help.

Soooo glad people don't approach sky-diving the way they do growing. LOL

Welcome to the sport of growing! :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles: