What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HELP!!! New mix for Coco Coir with ammendments...

HELP!!! New mix for Coco Coir with ammendments...
New mix for Coco Coir with ammendments...using liquid seaweed/fish emulsion for nutes..........Will this work???.....Anyone tried it???

I’m growing in coir with ammendments…..30% perlite, 10% Black Kow composted manure, 5% worm castings, 2Tbsp.lime/Gal.mix, 2Tbsp.FoxFarm "Happy Frog" 8-2-6 lawnfertilizer/Gal.mix (I'm thinking it is as close to soil as I can get.....Organic----and---Hydroponic)

For water….Tap/2 day letting it bubble…..adding the following nutes……

For nutes….2Tbs/Gal/Fish emulsion 5-1-1….2Tbs/Gal/Liquid Seaweed-Kelp 0-0-1....4 drops Superthrive….1/4tsp epsomsalt…..1/4tsp molasses, 4oz beer( for enzymes)….ALL ADDED TO 1 GALLON WATER

I figure that this gives enough N, P and K plus extra needed supplements for an entire grow……take out the fish emulsion for bloom…..ammendments to coir should be close to depleted during bloom…(Any Thoughts)

"Happy Frog"--8-2-6pH balanced, and it’s blended with premium organic ingredients like bat guano, kelp meal, bone meal, feather meal and important micronutrients.

What would you use for bloom using this formula??? (Non-sythetic)

Liquid Seaweed-Kelp:
(For full grow) (Foliar and Nute feed)
Seaweed contains many growth hormones; a soil soak of liquid seaweed extract will encourage root growth in young plants. You can also soak seeds for 24 hours before planting to stimulate germination. Liquid seaweed extract is a complete source of plant-based minerals, containing up to 60 trace elements; mist your plants and they will absorb these nutrients through the pores of their leaves. Alginates, spongelike starches found in seaweed, hold water droplets near the plant roots, making moisture available to them without drowning them; they also help enrich the soil by feeding myriad beneficial microorganisms such as bacteria and tiny fungi necessary to composting.

Flush as needed……

Anyone familiar with anything close to this grow????
Am I overloading on the epsomsalt??? (Just add to Water????)

I am a first time Indoor wardrobe/closet grower.....my seedlings now are darkgreen....but don't seem to be growing as fast as my outdoor growing....is it the coir???....I bunt some before with nutes I think...... does coir just take longer to get them on their way????

Thanks for any input………mightbestoned
thank%20you.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013

looks good, except supethrive is no where near organic- chock full of chemicals and pesiticide. I would also drop the fish emulsion. Any way, have you amended coco in the past with good results? I have and I love using it in the soil