What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Feed Feed RO Feed Feed RO TEA?

GanjaAL

As the title says that is my schedule to which I am going to be using 50/50 coco/hydroton... and my question is, on the TEA day, how long will the tea stay in a rez?

Will it stay for atleast 24hrs without going bad? will have my rez on a timer to water every three hours.

Thanks.

Oh... and the organisms that I will be using are Caps Packs

medicalmj

Veteran
Keep it well aerated and you'll have microbes for days. They only last 1/2 hour in a sealed gallon jug filled to the top, much longer if the jug were 1/2 filled and even longer if you shake n then open for a min, for those getting tea from a store...

GanjaAL

No brother... I have have a 5 gallon DIY vortex brewer and using streight microbes with blackstrap. Rez is 55 gallons.

medicalmj

Veteran
Cool, you're ahead of me. How'd you build it? just got a powerful air pump in my 5 gallon brewer. I look at mine under a scope to check for microbes.

medicalmj

Veteran
Used a sparklets bottle and some pipe. Had a large airpump lying around from another project as well as the sparklets bottle. Works great with just water in in it and can't wait to try it out for real. Just trying to figure out if I can leave the tea in the rez for 12 to 24hrs and still have it stay good.

Looks like this:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37729&pictureid=893898

I check my res solution under a scope pretty much daily. And even after a change out w no ACT added there are still live microbes left from last addition (i.e. residual from media/roots).

So yes, as long as res is well aerated you will have live microbes for some time (i.e. until food source runs out), which in my case they're still alive and kicking after a week.

My res has a powerful air pump and good air stone...