What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

organic nutes for RDWC system

Many of you know i have asking about nutes. I got alot of great advise from all of you . I have just recently beeen given a 6 bucket RDWC system as a gift( from stem hydroponics) It looks like a great system It looks well made and priced well. and I was thinking about my choices of nutes, and it just came to me if a ready to use organic nute could be a option with this RDWC system. Can organic nutes be used with RDWC ? If so what organic lines are out there. I think botanicare is one nute line thats organic ... right or wrong ? please let me know if i can use ready to use organic nutes or if this is not a good idea.. if it is a good idea pleas let me know what companies you know of. I have not decided organic or non organic nutes..

Thanks

Faint

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Can organic nutes be used with RDWC ? If so what organic lines are out there.

I'm skeptical. Most organic nutrients are not water or plant soluble and need to be processed by micro organisms before they are available to plants. The issue is whether your can maintain health populations of these micro-organisms in water.

I would advise posting your question in Organic Hydro.

Pine

I'm skeptical. Most organic nutrients are not water or plant soluble and need to be processed by micro organisms before they are available to plants. The issue is whether your can maintain health populations of these micro-organisms in water.

I would advise posting your question in Organic Hydro.

Pine
Oh geez i could have posted in organic hydro , I did not even think of that .. Thanks for advise

Bio boy

i do dwc in water, look up the bio system, bio buckets 101,

also how to keep the benes and organisums in water is you need to remove the chlormaines and chlorine,

bubbling removes the chrloine,
but chloramines are chrloine and ammonia and they need seperating,
to do this simply add organic matter, i add ewc biobizz handfull,
then bubble as this will part the chlorine and leave only the ammonia,
anotherway is adding 1000mg vitamin c or an orange,
vit c can be found in seaweed,

now, how i breed these up into millions is i brew a simple tea, water,molasses unsulphured, handfull of ewc soil, maxicrop seaweed, and then i bubble it liek mad for 2days with either a vortex water lift or a bigg ass airstone although there is talk of pathogens thriving in airstones, the airlift is beter,

then just as its brewed i add my tricomida /mcyrohaze and other beneficial and fungis making sure its str8 off the oxygen and ya drop them in seconds before you pour it into your res tank,

remeber that water has to be free of chrloramines too otherwise it wil kill all what you brewed,

works amazing and they are thriving.

mg75

there are some organic hydro nutrients that are readily available to the plants without the need for beneficials. you don't need to ph them nor do anything special. look around... they are available. although i would not use organics in a rdwc setup.

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
i do dwc in water, look up the bio system, bio buckets 101.

When I went to the hydro store one time they showed me these buckets where the plants where planted in baskets with a coco-castings mixture. The water would recirculate from the bottom of the bucket, where there was a bubbler, and dripped through the coco-castings mixture. Is this a bio bucket?

Pine

120Octane

Bio buckets is in a nut shell using something to allow benis to populate. Some put washed lava rock in there net pots, then have a 1/4 or 3/8ths dia hose dump onto the lava rock, no mister head just open. Some use a waterfall above the res, just a tray with washed lava rock it fills, it is shallow and the water then falls into the res. The water fall is a good way to get easy disolved oxygen into the water.

Lava rock is common because it has crevices the benis can get into and stay put, not get washed off easly like they would on hydraton. If want to use beni's wich will help you in many ways look for ORCA it is made for hydro applications.Beni's will keep root rot, brown slime, or pythium it is all of those away from your grow, and can help with pest control also like spider mites.

120Octane

2 of the common used organic nutes are canna and heavy 16. If you look for jackmayoffer in the coco section he has done testing with both. The thing with heavy 16 that some do not like is the veg and flower nute are a and b nute meaning you have to use 2 bottles. Price wise either is not to terrible expensive. Some use canna because its one bottle for veg and flower, both have outstanding results from using them.

120Octane

Sorry cant edit posts yet, by one bottle of canna meant 1 bottle for veg then 1 bottle for flower with canna. heavy 16 is 2 bottle for veg 2 bottles for flower. Look around in the coco forums and you can see wich nutes are used. There are large operations in there also, so you can see what they use and how they do things.

Latest posts

Latest posts