What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

General Organics

amannamedtruth

Veteran
Okay, so I think that the last round I did was feeding thee plants too much. Getting some lockouts and stuff.

Growing in Coco, I add Agrene Liquid lime with the water when I expand the coco, then add a little bit more at the beginning of flower. I use an 18 gallon res. one for each tent...Drip feed, no runoff. I clean them at least once a week, sometimes twice.

Using tap water, I add some DeChlor for aquariums to get rid of chlorine/chloramine...

So all the bottles I have to open and mix are as follows...
In veg, half strength on the BioGrow, 5ml/gallon
In transition I use just veg for the first week then the next week (two for this sativa grow, three week transition formula) then half biogrow and half biobloom.

I don't think I will be pushing past 150ml Biobloom/18 gal

My base additive regimine is (lotsa bottles, yea)

2.5ml/gal BioBud
2.5ml/gal GH Florablend
2.5ml/gal GH MagiCal (CalMag+ is worthless in coco)
2.5ml/gal Fulvic Acid
2.5ml/gal Soluble Silica
5 ml/18 gal drip clean
5ml/gal Sensizyme
2.5ml/gal Fox Farm Bush Doctor Root Drench for my micros.

pH to 5.6-5.8 and around 24 hours later it will drift up to around 6.3-6.5, sometimes up to 6.8. The solution is active, with micros populating, this helps to explain the massive pH swing. The brew remains active for 3-4 days, which is perfect because this is about how long my solution stays in the res. After 4 days the microbes are pretty much done populating and your pH should not swing at all, and I'd say that the solution in this state is still good for another 2-3 days, maybe longer, but I like to play it safe and empty/clean if it hasn't been used.

Always keep your res aerated with an air pump and just a hose weighted to sit at the bottom of the res.

When week four rolls around I'll start out real soft on some Earth Juice Meta K and Roots organics HPK. Thinking 1/4 strength working up to 1/2 by week 6, then dip back down to 1/4 by week 8 or 9.

I also give just a just water/florablend/fulvic acid/sensizyme for one day each week.

Now...
Larger Plants....Getting about 3/4 strength right now...
558cdb99595e6e2dad09ee5930dceb8a-d4qt5ox.png

And these smaller plants are getting half strength...
d59a3a5f5f41cd9cea8386e1c3225e38-d4qt4ki.png

Hope this helps, I'll keep y'all posted.

So I ran the entire GO line (2 cases of samples), when they ran out I only replaced the base GO nutes...same results without the 5 other bottles! Unscientific, personal observation. Peace

stinkleaf

So I just grabbed one of the go boxes last time I just used the base bio thrive grow and bloom last time, this time I have all the additives and tryin my setup I made using the same concept as a giant ez clone haha I hope its worth all the tinkering I did but yea at times it does smell sort of odd like a smelly shoe (odd)I have a 10 gallon rez on the outside of a 4x4 tent to keep it cooler but yea it gets some slime in the tank and the bottom of the tray table no problem with clogged nozzles yet?..but so far ive been cleaning it once a week using the water that you get from the watermachines at the store fill a few 5 gallon water jugs but im kinda worried about the ph levels and the ph down because its an acid and its not organic? so would that kill the beneficial bactearia and enzymes that are for the roots and what not?.. anyways ill post some pics of day 10 from seed... anyways im also curious about this line of products :dance013:

dankski

Hellow all,nice info,does any one know a(K.I.S.S.) Lucas formular with this line of nutes.Thanks in advance.Dankski

quinoa64

Without knowing diddly squat about hydroponic growing (because I hadn't found ICMag yet!) I built a 2 gallon bubbler and tried to grow with General Organics, following the directions on the label. Just the Grow and CalMag, mind you, not any of the amendments.

Oh woe, did that turn out poorly. The plants would thrive at first, and although I noticed a bit of slime on the roots, everything looked pretty healthy. I was changing the nutes every week. By the third nutrient change, there was quite a bit of fungus building up on the sides and lid of the res. Then I made the ultimate rookie mistake, and added H2O2 to try to kill the fungus. Everything collapsed, my plants started falling over and the whole thing stank like a sewage treatment plant.

So that's when I finally started reading up on organic hydro (duh, right?) and found out that--generally speaking--with organic you're not feeding nutrients to the plant, you're feeding nutrients to a colony of beneficial microbes, who are in turn feeding the plant. Whoa! Complicated! I put the GO in the back of the cabinet and switched to Flora series.

Anyway, the General Organics line looks a lot like the other GH product lines, but might not work the same way. At the very least, you should protect your plants by cultivating good microbes. I wish GH would put more info as to method and practice on their site.

amannamedtruth

Veteran
DWC and this line simply wont work. I've found great success using the line in a primarily coco based mix. water every day at the suggested amount, maybe a 1:1.5, (biothrive:calmag), add microbes and enzymes, keep your ph at 5.7 when you water, all gravy.I also add HPK and meta k during bloom.

djb

friends grow

friends grow

a few ok shots, this was all G.O. 5 week veg day 45 flower everything was really nice....

Latest posts

Latest posts