What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That cat kush.. harvest tomorrow after 70 days bloom.

Attachments

• IMG_3374.jpg
    IMG_3374.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 54

jidoka

Slow...you are correct the albion is right at 8.

On foliar K...sugars are created by photosynthesis...yea? I spray K to pick up sugar right there and then it is transported through the phloem.

Am i wrong?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good idea.

Slow...i will go foliar, the soil won't see it

Jidoka,

Depending on how low the temps go, be very careful of ammonia toxicity in the cool nights. It is nasty. You won't like it.

Realize that ammonia is a signal to the plant to mature up, to flower.

Not that this is the right signal in the early stages of an annual.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any thoughts on irrigation water carbonate/bicarbonates, Na, Chloride ppm level(range) that is ideal for field crops

Hey BLK,

Reading back through here and didn't seem to have answered your question. Try this guide.

Attachments

• guide_to_interpreting_irrigation_water_analysis.pdf
    173.8 KB · Views: 177
I think a small dose of the 721 will help them show sex on time and really get going.

With some calcium to the leaf I think that it'll really be a good way to go.

blkantha

slow,
thanks for the updates
I have spiked in gypsum + Humates( small amount) into soil for mango trees. Trees are looking greener now. To test I have put in different amounts of gypsum into trees.
Winter will set in a months time and flowers will start..does it make sense to add paclobutrazol now ? I am worried of ill effects if we are not covering with proper Ca in soil.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
slow,
thanks for the updates
I have spiked in gypsum + Humates( small amount) into soil for mango trees. Trees are looking greener now. To test I have put in different amounts of gypsum into trees.
Winter will set in a months time and flowers will start..does it make sense to add paclobutrazol now ? I am worried of ill effects if we are not covering with proper Ca in soil.

PBZ takes at least 100 days to have its affect. I would not worry too much about the ill affects as long as you have the gypsum down.

Do you suffer from partial flowering only? What happens when you get flowers? Do they flower and not set fruit? Or do you have a problem that during flowering you sprout vegetative?

blkantha

Some trees do not set flower, this i think i have learned to control using Ammonium Sulphate ...flower to fruit setting is another issue. This time I am planning to do Ca foliar( milk powder) gently.
Will this help ?
Also new flush( leaves ) will start in some trees during flowering phase, in those flowering and fruit setting will be very low or worst .

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some trees do not set flower, this i think i have learned to control using Ammonium Sulphate ...flower to fruit setting is another issue. This time I am planning to do Ca foliar( milk powder) gently.
Will this help ?
Also new flush( leaves ) will start in some trees during flowering phase, in those flowering and fruit setting will be very low or worst .

You can apply ethrel to stop the new flush from coming without flowers..... 1 to 1.5 liters to the ha of Ethrel 480 will stop the vegetative flush 15 to 20 days. Might be the difference between veg and flower.

It is important to get your micros up, Zinc, Mn and Cu prior to flowering.

Do you have a soil analysis?

blkantha

Soil analysis is posted in ur spectrum profile we discussed the same few months back. kanthabl id with yahoo is used.
Some times ethrel will make old leaves to weather off. Will this not be a problem?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Soil analysis is posted in ur spectrum profile we discussed the same few months back. kanthabl id with yahoo is used.
Some times ethrel will make old leaves to weather off. Will this not be a problem?

Sounded familiar. Your boron is way low. Mn, Zn and Cu. Did you apply? Foliars prior to flowering would help a lot.

What all were you able to apply so far? Maybe email me this to not clutter this thread.

AMAZING THREAD!!
Have to read it over and over and over. Thank you Slow for starting this.

Just a question from a beginner organic-grower, how does the PPM/PH of water interact with soil CEC?

Can moderate levels of rainwater leach a plants CEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.