What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing in cougar country

Yea... It is kinda scaring me.. I only have a 9" buck knife, crossbow throwing knives and a smith and wesson 10 shot revolver pellet gun lol.

Any ways.. I don't want to go near them nor they me. But since I might be using bone and blood meal they might get snoopy.. what if the mother attacks me and I kill her then I see the cutest little kittens come out of the bush n they look up at me with those big fucking cute saucer eyes.. that would break my heart.
Cougar-Cubs-575x431.jpg

So is there an alternative to blood/bone meal? and how best do I avoid these beautiful creatures?

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Personally I would just forget about blood/bone meal at this point. If you're in an area with cougars, there's probably so many animals around that any blood/bone meal is more than likely going to be dug up.

Sky high

those animals worth much more than your poor plants, so take care or I'll personally cut ya fckin' neck with your own knife.

lol u fucker

chongsbuddy

Veteran
if a cougar attacks you and you have no gun......well then yur fucked!id rather be attacked by a grizzly then a cougar

E

ellipsis

don't go at night or early morning. that is when they eat. heat of day they sleep :tiphat:

The lingo we use in the joint

The lingo we use in the joint

those animals worth much more than your poor plants, so take care or I'll personally cut ya fckin' neck with your own knife.

More people die from black widows anyways right Sky high?

picture.php

moondawg

I have to deal with the occassional hungry 500lb black bear TheNamesCyrus. Off the internet or at home security stores = sometimes the Rape Crisis Center sells it, but buy you a can of key chain Mase. ($8.99) Bear spray sold in some places is also very effective.

I tiny squirt of Mase at a bear or cougar and they tuck tail and hawl ass. Its far more effective than a gun. They immediately withdraw. You dont even have to hit them with it- they can smell or taste it i guesss, but the minute you squirt theyre history. It works on Wild hogs too.

I have a buddy to cheap to purchase a can and he uses a small water pistol filled with ammonia. He says it works great.

I have to deal with the occassional hungry 500lb black bear TheNamesCyrus. Off the internet or at home security stores = sometimes the Rape Crisis Center sells it, but buy you a can of key chain Mase. ($8.99)

I tiny squirt of Mase at a bear or cougar and they tuck tail and hawl ass. Its far more effective than a gun. They immediately withdraw. You dont even have to hit them with it- they can smell or taste it i guesss, but the minute you squirt theyre history.

whats it called?

E

ellipsis

one you'd never have the chance with mace using it on a MT Lion.
Wear bells
They are protected wildlife!

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're not going to sneak up on a Mt. Lion. They are stalkers.

You'll be fine, unless one spots you trail running or something.

The thing about these cats is that they like to eat your soft body parts first.

They like to chew off the face.

Have fun!

R.Fortune

You're not going to sneak up on a Mt. Lion. They are stalkers.

You'll be fine, unless one spots you trail running or something.

The thing about these cats is that they like to eat your soft body parts first.

They like to chew off the face.

Have fun!

R.Fortune

so what you are saying is that I should wear knight armor and pick a fist fight with a dominant male cougar.. its just going to be a boring grapple match of me sinking in my hooks and trying to get a rear naked on that pussy lol. then he will wake up n i will give him a big cloud of dutch :)

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Mace doesnt work on the cougars we have around here. Telling them you have no money scares them away pretty fast, though.

thumbnail.aspx

E

ellipsis

^^ :laughing:

Mace will eventually kill something when it runs off in to a stream or another animal happens to eat on the affected area.

Capt.Ahab

Veteran
Proof or it never happened.
MACE is a misnomer these days. MACE is a chemical nerve agent that although available has been largely substituted by Capsicum pepper spray. Pepper spray is a spice. It wont kill anything that eats it. Mace wont kill anything easily either.

^^ :laughing:

Mace will eventually kill something when it runs off in to a stream or another animal happens to eat on the affected area.

E

ellipsis

Your cougar comment is classic,lurve it.

kill nothing at all- absolutely nothing?

Capt.Ahab

Veteran
Well I suppose if you dumped 50 gallons of it into a stream it would kill something but the average consumer pepper spray canister holds less than an ounce or two of product. To say that an animal would eat something contaminated with pepper spray or mace is a stretch.