What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maybe move this thread here??

spurr

Veteran
I would rather not have it moved here, it's kind of muddled. FWIW, I uploaded four different papers on PPFD and one on Lux to ICmag last week, all looking at peak rate of photosynthesis, etc., and peak net rate of photosynthesis, incl. that paper.

I am planning to make a thread in this sub-forum sometime this week on the topic of irradiance for cannabis in terms of instantaneous irradiance (PPFD) and daily irradiance (DLI). But first I am going to contact Dr. Elsohly to ask if he has done any further research and if he has looked at DLI, instead of only PPFD.

FWIW, when uploading files about cannabis it's best to not use a US based file host, esp. one the requires JavaScript to download a file. The reason it's not good to use such a file host is due to IP logging, and JavaScript can break anonymity of those of us who use strong anonymity preserving methods like Tor. Below is something I wrote about uploading files about cannabis to 'safer' hosts (not on US soil and that don't use JavaScript). Also, PDF files can be made to auto-connect to the Internet once opened, they can 'call-home' and in the past 'unfriendlies' have used that as a way to get IP address of people reading PDFs (this too breaks anonymity unless the OS only allows Internet traffic via. proxy). Lastly, it's best to compress and encrypt a file when uploading so we know the file is not messed with the by the file host, such as adding a virus, keystroke logger, Trojan, etc., into the file.
One point:

1. Also, ICmag has a 1 mb size limit for file uploads, so using good file host is an option to upload big files or a collection of files. Preferably people should use file hosts free from JavaScript and ads, and NOT on U.S. soil (do not use RapidShare, MediaFire, etc.; they suck and are on U.S. and use JavaScript). A good example of a good file host is File-Upload ( http://www.file-upload.net ); that is located in Russia and doesn't require JavaScript or use ads.

2. If people upload files to a file host, PLEASE compress the files with 7zip or WinRar (but IMO 7zip is better and it's freeware for windows, linux, mac, etc; http://www.7-zip.org/ ) and use a passphrase to encrypt the file!
:tiphat: