What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ontario’s plan

Smokerman

Veteran
Our provincial government in their infinite wisdom has decided to only sell online until April 2019. At which time they will open stores.
Are you Fukin kidding me?
Complete assholes.

Gmack

That will work great for the black market. So much cannabis going through the mail it will be impossible to differentiate between lp and mom.

fatigues

Veteran
That will work great for the black market. So much cannabis going through the mail it will be impossible to differentiate between lp and mom.

Well, I think you need to appreciate that Mail Order Marijuana (MoMs) is not a retail avenue that most people know about - and even fewer are comfortable with. While finding sources for a list of credible MoMs is not terribly hard if you know where to look - most people don't know where to look.

MoMs are more difficult to shut down than dispensaries, but not all THAT hard.

The difficult ones to shut down are delivery services that work via text messages. Those are hard to make go away. That's really is Whack-a-Mole, as they have established clientele and a means to easily contact them to distribute a new tel number.

As for dispensaries, those are easy to shut down. There currently is no political will to do it. I expect that will change at some point, but when? I am not sure.

insomniac_AU

Our provincial government in their infinite wisdom has decided to only sell online until April 2019. At which time they will open stores.
Are you Fukin kidding me?
Complete assholes.

I wish our government in Australia were complete assholes like yours. :frown:

We've got a long way to go don't we? Even in possibly the most free cannabis country in the world there are issues.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
hold up...you are telling me that lp's are currently selling online despite the fact cannabis doesnt become legal until oct 17? i would love an explanation on this.

troutman

Seed Whore
hold up...you are telling me that lp's are currently selling online despite the fact cannabis doesnt become legal until oct 17? i would love an explanation on this.

I can buy Medical Cannabis online from an LP.

Have done it since 2017. :biggrin:

I can order now without getting out of my computer chair.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
ahhh. medical. ya i have done that too. i thought you meant they were already selling to the average joe for recreational purposes. you can also order from budmail too without a med card. they are over priced but decent and reliable.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Coming Soon.....

Coming Soon.....

CANADA%2BON%252819%2529.jpg

RMS

:smoweed:

Rider420

SAJLMFAO Who the fuck believed Ford? What's worse are the fucking morons who still do!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...-ontario-to-be-limited-to-private-residences/

Legal cannabis use in Ontario to be limited to private residences

Ontario says it will begin selling recreational cannabis online on Oct. 17, with private retail stores supplying marijuana from April 1, 2019. The province says consumers will only be allowed to use legalized cannabis in private residences.

THE CANADIAN PRESS

You get what you voted for.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/a-look-at-each-province-s-rules-for-marijuana-legalization-1.3894944

ONTARIO
Age of legal consumption: 19+
Where to buy: Online sales initially and then private retail shops by April 2019
Grow your own?: Up to four plants
Where to smoke?: Only on private property, subject to landlord restrictions
Other notes: Municipalities will have a "one time window" during which they will be able to opt-out of having cannabis stores within their boundaries

Yes that's right only people who own their own homes can use cannabis in Ontario.

Fucking conservatives!

Last edited:

Somatek

Maybe that is, Doug Ford contradicted his governments own plan about pot smoking... From the CBC:

It appears Premier Doug Ford doesn't approve of his own government's new rules that would allow people to smoke cannabis in public parks.

With marijuana set to become legal on Oct.17, Ford is vowing Friday to have his finance minister and attorney general take another look at legislation unveiled two days ago that allows cannabis use wherever people can currently smoke cigarettes.

Ford directly contradicted that plan while speaking with reporters, saying: "We won't be allowing [cannabis use] close to parks."

"That's unacceptable, our priority is to keep children safe."

Following the news conference, officials from the premier's office said Ford was only referring to playgrounds.

"Premier Ford was clear in his remarks today — under our proposed legislation — individuals will not be permitted to smoke cannabis in playgrounds around children," Simon Jefferies, a spokesperson for Ford, wrote in an email to CBC Toronto.

"It was the Federal Government which made the decision to legalize cannabis in Canada, and to take our province down this uncharted water," the email continues. "Throughout this entire process our first and foremost priority has been the safety of children and our communities."

Jefferies adds that municipalities have the freedom to enact their own bylaws restricting smoking in outdoor spaces, including parks.

The Smoke-Free Ontario Act makes it illegal to smoke on or within 20 metres of children's playgrounds and publicly-owned sport fields and surfaces where smoking is banned. However, smoking is allowed in parks.

Reporters confused by Ford's remarks pressed for more details, but received an unclear response.

"I'm talking playgrounds, parks," Ford said.

The premier then said he has no problem with someone having a joint in a large park, "as long as there's no kids around."

He promised reporters several times that he would have his ministers look into the matter.

A glass of wine in the park? Ford says he'll consult on it
Ford was then asked about a proposal from Mayor John Tory, who suggested on Thursday that if people can smoke pot in parks then they should be able to enjoy a glass of wine or beer, as well.

"I hear John Tory's all for drinking in the parks now," Ford said, before saying he is willing to sit down and consult with the city on this matter.

"I don't know, guys… I don't like people walking around drunk or smoking weed or any of that in a public area of a park."

When asked whether he even approves of marijuana legalization at all, Ford didn't give a yes or no.

"I don't even have a choice. It's been dumped on us," he said, noting that while the federal government opted to legalize cannabis use it's been up to the province to put rules in place about who can use it and how.

The premier said as a bottom line, people should be considerate of others when they're using cannabis. He also said any rule the province puts in now is subject to change.

"This is a new area, everyone's blazing this new trail," he said.

"Nothing is carved in stone."