Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Does CBD (no THC) work or is it a placebo effect?

Thread Title Search
Does CBD (no THC) work or is it a placebo effect? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2018, 10:03 PM #1
greenops

greenops has a spectacular aura aboutgreenops has a spectacular aura aboutgreenops has a spectacular aura aboutgreenops has a spectacular aura aboutgreenops has a spectacular aura about
Does CBD (no THC) work or is it a placebo effect?

Hey guys,

After a quick search on google I found a few posts claiming placebo effects on CBD with no THC or very low THC (under 0.3%).

Assuming, you didn't get your CBD from a snake oil producer...

For what symptoms did you take CBD? (e.g. Anxiety, pain relief, epilepsy etc)

What type of CBD products did you take? (e.g. Gummies, capsules, vape, oil)

What dosage?

Please describe how the CBD treatment affected your symptoms?
Did you feel the desired effects?

Are you continuing using CBD? Is it worth the price?

Thanks!

Coco DTW 600w SCROG: Skywalker OG, Headband, OG 18, Trainwereck, Fruity Chronic Juice, Lost Coast OG, Green Crack

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6070823&poste d=1#post6070823

completed:
400w/600w SCROG: C99, Blue Cheese, Sweet Deep Grapefruit, Power Kush, Pinapple Express
https://www.icmag.co/ic/showthread.php?t=246131

Fruity Chronic Juice / Kushberry SCROG
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=229121
greenops is offline Quote

Old 08-07-2018, 10:15 PM #2
caliprop215

caliprop215 is a jewel in the roughcaliprop215 is a jewel in the roughcaliprop215 is a jewel in the roughcaliprop215 is a jewel in the roughcaliprop215 is a jewel in the roughcaliprop215 is a jewel in the rough
https://youtu.be/0uZ-VtpDan0

Its definitely not a placebo affect there are numerous videos like this one....

Its a miracle drug for some people.....

I ha e a good friend she takes dabs and tinctures and salves and swears by them she loves them.

I have only tried it once with a migraine my headache went away but i also took ib profin so im not sure if it worked or not

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=350645
caliprop215 is online now Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 06:03 PM #3
greenops

greenops has a spectacular aura aboutgreenops has a spectacular aura aboutgreenops has a spectacular aura aboutgreenops has a spectacular aura aboutgreenops has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliprop215 View Post
https://youtu.be/0uZ-VtpDan0

Its definitely not a placebo affect there are numerous videos like this one....

Its a miracle drug for some people.....

I ha e a good friend she takes dabs and tinctures and salves and swears by them she loves them.

I have only tried it once with a migraine my headache went away but i also took ib profin so im not sure if it worked or not

hey... right. I've seen these vids plenty of times and I do believe them.

Ok, so lets remove epilepsy from this discussion.

What about the more common ailments such as: pain, anxiety, depression, cancer treatment etc?

I would like to hear from people who have personal experience (or know somebody) treating those kinds of symptoms with CBD.

Coco DTW 600w SCROG: Skywalker OG, Headband, OG 18, Trainwereck, Fruity Chronic Juice, Lost Coast OG, Green Crack

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6070823&poste d=1#post6070823

completed:
400w/600w SCROG: C99, Blue Cheese, Sweet Deep Grapefruit, Power Kush, Pinapple Express
https://www.icmag.co/ic/showthread.php?t=246131

Fruity Chronic Juice / Kushberry SCROG
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=229121
greenops is offline Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 06:35 PM #4
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud of
What you're looking for is the "Bell Curve of Efficacy" when you're using only CBD. A little bit does not much, a little bit more does the same not much, the right amount does something and adding more doesn't do much more.

When you add THC, a little does a little, a bit more works a bit more effectively, a lot works a lot and a massive amount has massive effects. Completely different medicine when used together properly.

Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:57 PM #5
Mengsk

Mengsk has a spectacular aura aboutMengsk has a spectacular aura aboutMengsk has a spectacular aura aboutMengsk has a spectacular aura about
Yes it has effects it works no it is not a placebo. Although placebo effect is real and not specific to cannabis. However, approach this carefully. Vaping or smoking a CBD strain you may notice that you are not 'high' at all, but you will feel the muscle relief, is one way to describe it. But for my own personal consumption, I am very particular about what I am putting into my own body. If we're talking about CBD capsules that come from a giant mass produced field like many commercial ag crops, I am not the least bit interested in ingesting that, no thanks get it all the way away from me. Some might have an idea of 'more is more' or treating one problem with more of the next 'medicine.' But this is the wrong approach either short sighted or the same greed profit driven motive that propels many other things. Slowing down, reducing the overconsumption in other words, is one of the mental medicinal and environmental physical benefits of cannabis cbd/thc. Without getting into much detail it's the medicinal physical and philosophical/spiritual effects and beliefs surrounding it all rolled into one. I really do not know about mass processed hemp then extracting the oil for human consumption sounds gross and potentially toxin or hazard accumulating extract rather than organic healthy inputs. Pretty much the complete and total opposite of organic sustainably grown healthy medicine the same as food. This is before you even start to mention price or costs.
Mengsk is online now Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 07:42 PM #6
bukk

bukk will become famous soon enoughbukk will become famous soon enough
I had been buyed CBD cure {CO2 oil} three times, common hash was always better for me.

CBD may be usefull for people which didn't or don't want use THC.

For me CBD oil has placebo effect in little dosages.
bukk is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:30 PM #7
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud of
CBD also works best when you use it every day, for more than 3 weeks.
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 09:46 PM #8
Switcher56

Switcher56 is a name known to allSwitcher56 is a name known to allSwitcher56 is a name known to allSwitcher56 is a name known to allSwitcher56 is a name known to allSwitcher56 is a name known to allSwitcher56 is a name known to allSwitcher56 is a name known to allSwitcher56 is a name known to allSwitcher56 is a name known to allSwitcher56 is a name known to all
CBD works. It is not a placebo. THC does increase the efficacy of CBD strains, there is no doubt about that. But CBD does work. Being a neophyte on this journey I have seen results for both diabetes and insomnia.
of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 09:54 PM #9
trifector

trifector is on a distinguished road
Almost certainly - i've been using CBD E Liquid for my social anxiety and whilst I still need to take some of the pills prescribed by my doctor I now take far less - which can only be a good thing.

Also, because I've smoked so much cannabis over the years I struggle to sleep without a joint before bed. I've found CBD has exactly the same effect so if i don't want to get high in the evening but still want a good sleep i'll just vape some CBD Oil.

It's getting really popular in the UK now you can buy it from mainstream shops - would have never believed this even a year ago!
trifector is offline Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 10:40 PM #10
Mengsk

Mengsk has a spectacular aura aboutMengsk has a spectacular aura aboutMengsk has a spectacular aura aboutMengsk has a spectacular aura about
Yeah it may sound a little incredible, but my take on it (or experience) is a combination of mood changing/altering/enhancing effects and physical effects. In other words it might not be a pill for diabetes or cancer like an insulin mimic or chemo drug, no nothing like that at all. Instead, you might just decide that you don't really need a whole bunch of extra stuff to help you wake up, sleep, give you energy, etc. Since that doesn't sound very medical, what I mean is it can replace many things. Perhaps not comfortable for everyone but some might decide they don't need 1/2 of their pill cabinet anymore and with likely fully positive results all around. We are now talking about CBD and in CA herb is recently legal for recreational use but the fact is this is providing benefits to people which is not recreational it is medical. The law before was one way and people were either upset or happy it changed, now the law says it's recreational with some really steep tourism taxes and lots of foreign or out of state stuff it seems. It's kind of like a bad joke but just take all the money you spend on vices and spend it on herb you'll be set But I'm not seeing organic low cost CBD being provided by Medicare anytime soon.

Last edited by Mengsk; 08-08-2018 at 10:52 PM..
Mengsk is online now Quote