Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Private Breeders > Karma Genetics > A5 Backcross v2?

Thread Title Search
A5 Backcross v2? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2017, 03:53 AM #1
Puday

Puday will become famous soon enoughPuday will become famous soon enoughPuday will become famous soon enough
A5 Backcross v2?

Hey Karma folks:

Any plans to backcross that a5 haze again? (you should)

Also, any plans to release the a5 bx again in some form?

Last: any smoke reports on her from forum members are welcome.
Puday is offline Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:50 PM #2
D3pthCharg3

D3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puday View Post
Hey Karma folks:

A friend and I split a pack I won on a Seedbay auction. He just finished his half, and I got a chance to sample two differnt phenos, a quick and a longer flowering. They both tasted and smelled amazingly alike, and were both quite dense (more so than I anticipated). No fruit in there, thank goodness. Notes of tobacco, garlic, leather, dust, grass clippings, light cat piss...they were quite nice and smoked nice too, with a real up euphoric high. I personally have 3 about to go into flower, and I lost three that were never really finished on account of russet mites a while back. Unfortunately ,no males, so no further crosses will be made in that regard. I will be crossing the 3 ladies to a few of my selected males though, just not the a5bx. (GSOG, HP#7 (kinda like the PHaze), White cherry truffle). All in all I would say my friend's were not keepers, very nice plants, but ultimately not ones for the long haul. Hopefully I find a keeper in my remaining 3 as that's all of em...

Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Gandhi

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. -Mark Twain

If you want peace, you'll never get it with violence. -John Lennon

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. -Mark Twain
D3pthCharg3 is offline Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:51 PM #3
D3pthCharg3

D3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puday View Post
Hey Karma folks:

A friend and I split a pack I won on a Seedbay auction. He just finished his half, and I got a chance to sample two differnt phenos, a quick and a longer flowering. They both tasted and smelled amazingly alike, and were both quite dense (more so than I anticipated). No fruit in there, thank goodness. Notes of tobacco, garlic, leather, dust, grass clippings, light cat piss...they were quite nice and smoked nice too, with a real up euphoric high. I personally have 3 about to go into flower, and I lost three that were never really finished on account of russet mites a while back. Unfortunately ,no males, so no further crosses will be made in that regard. I will be crossing the 3 ladies to a few of my selected males though, just not the a5bx. (GSOG, HP#7 (kinda like the PHaze), White cherry truffle). All in all I would say my friend's were not keepers, very nice plants, but ultimately not ones for the long haul. Hopefully I find a keeper in my remaining 3 as that's all of em...

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. -Mark Twain

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. -Mark Twain
Old 07-14-2017, 06:25 PM #4
DoubleTripleOG
Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire

DoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negroedamas View Post
I think it requires more selection work than they are willing to put into it
Highly unlikely......Karma's one of the very few breeders that does large plant selections. Have you seen any of his recent posts? He's doing big things, with 20,000 plant seed pops.

I would think the reason being for not doing more work with the line , is customer based. Breeders aren't gonna put the time/money into something that's gonna sit around and not sell.

I'm not Karma, so I can't speak for him. My post is pure conjecture anyways. Just had to speak up, as I know Karma does high number plant selections.

Photosynthetically active radiation, often abbreviated PAR, designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.

I am chemically man-made like the Incredible Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangrownkush View Post
He is mad we all have the cut, supposed to be top secret nuclear bomb recipe cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
you can't get blood out of a stone.
DoubleTripleOG is offline Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:57 AM #5
soundman

soundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Your absolutely right....you can't speak for him...and anything else is conjecture
You should have been more clear on the "requires more selection work than they are willing to put into it " comment.

It could be misunderstood and thats why folks will come to Karmas defense regarding plant selection. You gotta understand the passion he puts into his work.

Only Karma knows the answer.
think of all the life it leads
just growing from those little seeds
soundman is offline Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:16 PM #6
D3pthCharg3

I'm not sure if everyone remembers, but these bxs were very hard to get ahold of when they were released. These are/were very coveted in the world of growers/breeders looking for a legendary 'haze' in their lineups. I personally think a worked line would sell well. I can say from my experience that there is some old-school haze magic in there, but who knows how many it will take to find the perfect one...? Personally I wish I got a male...

Personally, I feel this is the best line available at the moment for those seeking that old school haze flavor...better than Chimera's Frankie crosses and the 90s and Haze Freak from CSG, but that's just from my own limited experience, and of course, what I am personally looking for.

Old 07-16-2017, 02:25 PM #7
D3pthCharg3

This is such an exciting line...I CANNOT wait to see what lies in the future of Karma's MEGA grow. SOOOOO impressive. This is the future now! It's all about selection, right? Maybe a dash of luck...and a little Karma, haha. Keep up the good work Karma and crew, and thanks for bringing the A5 from Europe to my lil corner of the mitten.

Old 07-16-2017, 04:26 PM #8
DoubleTripleOG

DoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivor
Quote:
Exciting yes... dash of luck yes....selection minimal
Ok. So if you spoke with Karma personally , why all the cloak and dagger in this thread? Why not talk about what info Karma dropped on you. That's what this site is for, and exchange of info, knowledge.

Photosynthetically active radiation, often abbreviated PAR, designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.

Quote:
He is mad we all have the cut, supposed to be top secret nuclear bomb recipe cut

Quote:
Old 07-16-2017, 10:18 PM #9
DoubleTripleOG

Quote:
If you are interested in this line...talk to him yourself...just like I did

Wow ! So basically your saying fuck the community we have here. Great attitude to have. Why even join a site like this ? Just about all of your 11 posts are either talking shit or elitest in nature. Like I said, sharing info is what this place is for.

OP asked a question for himself and the community(that's why he made a thread) . Maybe the least you could do is write a visitor message on OP's wall (cause you can't private message yet) with the info Karma gave you.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-16-2017, 11:54 PM #10
soundman

soundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
And you need to understand that I just spoke to him on IG, and we spoke of the significant genetic variability in this line. To the point of no two plants being the same. The only misunderstanding, is you not being involved in that conversation

Your post had no mention of you contacting Karma.

Your little jabs are not funny.

I thought I was just clarifying a misunderstanding.

Smart ass!!
think of all the life it leads
just growing from those little seeds
soundman is offline Quote