Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Landraces > mazar I shariff RSC line roms

Thread Title Search
mazar I shariff RSC line roms Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2018, 07:42 AM #361
Nico Farmer

Nico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngakpa View Post

Until about 2010, I took the view that anybody who posted a photo in a public forum on the Internet understood that they were releasing it into the public domain
?! a photo posted in a public forum stay the property of its author IMO.

Peace
Nico Farmer is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:49 AM #362
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Asking for permission to use a photo is the best policy.

If the photo was used for a couple of years even without permission.
But the photographer knew about it's usage and said nothing. Then
making an issue later on looks bad on them as well.

If a problem arises it's best to deal with it ASAP.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:52 AM #363
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Farmer View Post

Peace
I think Facebook likes to claim stuff. Read their agreement.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 12:50 PM #364
ngakpa

ngakpa is a glorious beacon of lightngakpa is a glorious beacon of lightngakpa is a glorious beacon of lightngakpa is a glorious beacon of lightngakpa is a glorious beacon of lightngakpa is a glorious beacon of lightngakpa is a glorious beacon of lightngakpa is a glorious beacon of lightngakpa is a glorious beacon of lightngakpa is a glorious beacon of lightngakpa is a glorious beacon of light
To be fair, this thread is looking a bit like the old 'all publicity is good publicity' adage applies, but anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Farmer View Post

Peace
The bottom line is this is about being polite

Case in point: A few years ago, a guy allowed me to use his Sinai photo. I think he even suggested it. Then later he wrote he wanted it removed because of paranoia. So I removed it.

About the law:

The legal definition of what constitutes the public domain for a photo would depend on which country the server hosting it is located.

Anyway, I don't have anything more that I want to add to this thread, so have a good one.
ngakpa is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 02:05 PM #365
Roms
Armor Argoat specimen

Roms has a brilliant futureRoms has a brilliant futureRoms has a brilliant futureRoms has a brilliant futureRoms has a brilliant futureRoms has a brilliant futureRoms has a brilliant futureRoms has a brilliant futureRoms has a brilliant futureRoms has a brilliant futureRoms has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngakpa View Post
Releasing it into the public domain means something - it means that they're making it available for free use
Ya for free use but when it is used to trade and money is a different "free" story, we know how much a photo can be important in these cases! At the time it surprised me that it could be used without prior agreement and I had come to email several months after their publication. And it was necessary that I insist to have consideration, the exchanges had done with Angus and i do not remember having a word of you in fact. Anyway ethics and ethics...

Quote:
Not sure what you've been reading from Roms, but he isn't a realiable source of information about the science, botany or history of these plants, even if he may be an experienced grower
Roms is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 02:44 PM #366
Nico Farmer

Nico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I think Facebook likes to claim stuff. Read their agreement.
yeah Bro, I know and fuck FB. I speak about intellectual property, here on IC.

Big up
Nico Farmer is online now Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 09:50 PM #367
yardgrazer

yardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of lightyardgrazer is a glorious beacon of light
My understanding is that FB says by posting a photo you're granting them a license (to use it essentially). You aren't giving up copyright under US law. The creator still retains ownership.
yardgrazer is offline Quote

Old 08-11-2018, 01:34 AM #368
Water-

Water- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud ofWater- has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roms View Post
Ya for free use but when it is used to trade and money is a different "free" story, we know how much a photo can be important in these cases! At the time it surprised me that it could be used without prior agreement and I had come to email several months after their publication. And it was necessary that I insist to have consideration, the exchanges had done with Angus and i do not remember having a word of you in fact. Anyway ethics and ethics...

You are on the right side Roms.

nagpka is a delusional ego maniac a shitty human being.
Water- is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:44 AM #369
Elmer Bud
Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore

Elmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant future
G `day Nagpka

I don`t understand what you are getting upset about ?
You supply bag seed . No selection .

JGL and Roms confirmed there was a lot of low potency and undesirable plants .

They isolated what they thought were good examples . Bred them and enhanced the line for indoor growers and more importantly ganja smokers .

The MIS you brought home is grown as a field / plot and then mashed together in a hash ,containing potent , non potent and CBD plants combined . Making for a mediocre effect .

Now the chances of growing say 5-10 seeds and find a good ganja plant seems pretty small from the MIS you sell .

Potent examples need to be isolated and reproduced . Then progeny tested . Now the elves don`t come along in the night and do it while you sleep . It takes time , money and dedication .

You are appealing to people who want stock to breed with . Then when it is worked you protest ?

I personally think you enjoy arguing . I have seen you do it countless times before .
Come in strong . Then try to smooth it over . Maybe look at yourself before telling others they are wrong every time .

Do you grow , do you grow your own seeds , do you breed them to enhance ?

I think they could have been a good advertisement of what can be done to create new interesting lines from your offerings .
Actually creating interest in your MIS and the possibilities if used in a breeding prog .

If I was considering doing that . I would reconsider now .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:26 AM #370
CannaZen

CannaZen is a jewel in the roughCannaZen is a jewel in the roughCannaZen is a jewel in the roughCannaZen is a jewel in the roughCannaZen is a jewel in the roughCannaZen is a jewel in the rough
Hey now i think its all pretty unfair. I thank ngakpa for more than just your local bagseed, i think they've come a lot futher than that. farther than most IBL. They're Heirlooms of the field, Strong individuals via variation in balance. Variation is critical in plant vigor, rapidly deprecating. Their value is in the diminishing?
In the equation, p2 represents the frequency of the homozygous genotype AA, q2 represents the frequency of the homozygous genotype aa, and 2pq represents the frequency of the heterozygous genotype Aa. In addition, the sum of the allele frequencies for all the alleles at the locus must be 1, so p + q = 1.

Last edited by CannaZen; 08-11-2018 at 05:27 AM..
CannaZen is offline Quote