Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Something burrowed into the main trunk!!!!

Thread Title Search
Something burrowed into the main trunk!!!! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2018, 06:00 PM #1
OvergrowDaWorld
$$ ALONE $$

OvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivor
Something burrowed into the main trunk!!!!

Theres something that ate a hole into the Main trunk at the soil level. Its eating the entire main stem from the inside out....right at dirt level. We already lost 1 plant, now were on our way to loosing 2. Any ideas what does this? I cant see whats in there??? Im going now to take pics and to spray Azamax and Thuricide into the holes. Ive never seen this. Its not a caterpiller I dont think. Its a grey bug of some sort I think. I opened up the trunk on the dead one and there was a tunnel going up the stem but there was a grey bug in it. Maybe just using the hole the caterpiller opened up??? IDK?
Sir-Cough-A-Gas
SuperSilverSourDieselGlue
SuperSilverSourLemonGlaze
Dubble RoadDawg
OvergrowDaWorld is offline Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 06:19 PM #2
Capt.Ahab
Feeding the ducks with a bun.

Capt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivor
Some sort of stem borer?
Was the bug you found some sort of maggot ?
"Mark ye, be forewarned; Ahab's above the common; Ahab's been in colleges, as well as 'mong the cannibals; been used to deeper wonders than the waves; fixed his fiery lance in mightier, stranger foes than whales.'"
Capt.Ahab is offline Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 06:52 PM #3
metsäkana

the stem might also be rotting and bugs just go in there to chill D:

this is wetty outdoor yearClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2973.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	465607

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:37 PM #4
Keif Stoned

Location: Dougco. in CO...where the meadows meet the mountains
Keif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really nice
I do feel your pain. I logged on this morning to ask about my plant that suffered what sounds like the very same thing happened to yours. I noticed it looked droopy yesterday and thought I might have overwatered. This morning it looked nearly dead. Pulled it out of the dirt and noticed what looked like a beaver had chewed right at the soil line. Been growing almost nonstop for 20 years and never had this happen before. I dumped the plant out into a tray and searched through the soil and found nothing.

None of the other 6 plants have any problem. These have been vegging almost a month.

ALWAYS

Old 08-09-2018, 10:58 PM #5
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxlost View Post
If it's right at dirt level its probably a bollworm. Also ECB's tend to focus on the lower parts of the plant as the hemp borers tend to focus on upper part of the plant and the flowers. Basically you're fucked, you can hit it to kill the bugs, but your plants are done for. Sorry
I think he is right :( The larvae are weak to strains of BT but once they are in there, I don't think there is any getting them out, just killing them. In corn they use systemic pesticides to prevent them from taking hold, but I don't want to use systemic anything on my marijuana.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:29 PM #6
CannaZen

CannaZen is a jewel in the roughCannaZen is a jewel in the roughCannaZen is a jewel in the roughCannaZen is a jewel in the roughCannaZen is a jewel in the roughCannaZen is a jewel in the rough
put that sucker in some loose organic soil and the micro bacteria may help.
In the equation, p2 represents the frequency of the homozygous genotype AA, q2 represents the frequency of the homozygous genotype aa, and 2pq represents the frequency of the heterozygous genotype Aa. In addition, the sum of the allele frequencies for all the alleles at the locus must be 1, so p + q = 1.

Last edited by CannaZen; 08-10-2018 at 03:30 AM..
CannaZen is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 12:58 AM #7
P-NUT

P-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of light
Hey keif is that indoors? Ive had roly polies do that before when they had no mulch to munch on. Kinda surprised me but i caught them on there so I know it was the culprit.
P-NUT is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 01:14 AM #8
Granger2

Granger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to behold
Research Borers, such as Squash Vine Borers. You can cut a vertical slit in the stem and haul his/her sorry ass out of the stem or kill critter in place. Plant may or may not recover. Worth a try. You can also inject Neem or any number of insecticides with a big syringe. Good luck. -granger

Old 08-10-2018, 02:59 AM #9
Keif Stoned

Location: Dougco. in CO...where the meadows meet the mountains
Keif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really niceKeif Stoned is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-NUT View Post
Hey keif is that indoors? Ive had roly polies do that before when they had no mulch to munch on. Kinda surprised me but i caught them on there so I know it was the culprit.

Yes, it's indoors. I didn't know roly polies could do that to a plant but I'll watch from now on when potting up. The rootball was smaller than expected, so something had been eating roots too. Just never had that happen before.

ALWAYS

Old 08-10-2018, 04:37 PM #10
P-NUT

P-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah they will eat roots too if they dont have mulch.
P-NUT is offline Quote