Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Does CBD (no THC) work or is it a placebo effect?

Thread Title Search
Does CBD (no THC) work or is it a placebo effect? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2018, 10:54 PM #11
green404
Banned

green404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of light
I know at least 5 people who use CBDs and it works for them. Many of them were very skeptical before trying it.

Most of the people I know who use it do as a topical ointment for various chronic issues.
green404 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:00 AM #12
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bZb10ZxpBk is why it works compared to modern medicine.
Switcher56 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:07 AM #13
oldchuck

oldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud of
It doesn't really matter if it is a placebo effect. Mind over matter. If it helps you, relieves symptoms, makes you feel better then it is a useful medication.
oldchuck is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:36 AM #14
bukk

bukk will become famous soon enoughbukk will become famous soon enough
I want to ask something.

Concentraced CBD-extracts of cannabis plants growed for hemp oil are for sale in european union in shops or online.

How is CBD oil from cultivated CBD strains, we don't have it where I live.
bukk is offline Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 09:50 AM #15
trifector

trifector is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mengsk View Post
Yeah it may sound a little incredible, but my take on it (or experience) is a combination of mood changing/altering/enhancing effects and physical effects. In other words it might not be a pill for diabetes or cancer like an insulin mimic or chemo drug, no nothing like that at all. Instead, you might just decide that you don't really need a whole bunch of extra stuff to help you wake up, sleep, give you energy, etc. Since that doesn't sound very medical, what I mean is it can replace many things. Perhaps not comfortable for everyone but some might decide they don't need 1/2 of their pill cabinet anymore and with likely fully positive results all around. We are now talking about CBD and in CA herb is recently legal for recreational use but the fact is this is providing benefits to people which is not recreational it is medical. The law before was one way and people were either upset or happy it changed, now the law says it's recreational with some really steep tourism taxes and lots of foreign or out of state stuff it seems. It's kind of like a bad joke but just take all the money you spend on vices and spend it on herb you'll be set But I'm not seeing organic low cost CBD being provided by Medicare anytime soon.
Yeah it is definitely not a miracle cure. Here in the UK you can now get access to medical cannabis on the NHS ( national health service) but i believe CBD has to purchased out of your own pocket
trifector is offline Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 10:15 AM #16
Danielloveschoc

Danielloveschoc will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by trifector View Post
Almost certainly - i've been using CBD E Liquid for my social anxiety and whilst I still need to take some of the pills prescribed by my doctor I now take far less - which can only be a good thing.

Also, because I've smoked so much cannabis over the years I struggle to sleep without a joint before bed. I've found CBD has exactly the same effect so if i don't want to get high in the evening but still want a good sleep i'll just vape some CBD Oil.

It's getting really popular in the UK now you can buy it from mainstream shops - would have never believed this even a year ago!
Hi Trifector - Im british too.

I've seen CBD Oil you put in your mouth with a tincture but have never seen any vape oil on the High street - in fact ive only seen CBD in holland and barratt?
Danielloveschoc is offline Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 05:32 PM #17
trifector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielloveschoc View Post
Hi Trifector - Im british too.

I've seen CBD Oil you put in your mouth with a tincture but have never seen any vape oil on the High street - in fact ive only seen CBD in holland and barratt?

Hey Daniel - yeah you can ingest CBD through pretty much anyway imaginable - vaping, eating etc... though I haven't seen CBD suppositories yet hahaha.

I've had CBD Gummies but having quite a high tolerance level they didn't really do it for me.

I mainly vape - I have tried a few both full spectum and Isolates... I keep hearing that full spectrum is better because they contain other terpenes too but I just can't get down with the taste.... a bit like if you tried to eat cannabis raw.

I tend to stick to isolate as it's just normal E Liquids with CBD mixed in. You won't find any on the high street as you've noticed but there's absolutely loads of different brands if you search on google - I really like Elevate's CBD E liquid. They have a nice range of flavors that suit my sweet tooth but saying that, the wife isn't the biggest fan.

Different strokes for different folks

Just have a look and see what you like best... it's all fairly inexpensive so you can experiment... you can't go wrong!

Old 08-09-2018, 10:32 PM #18
greenops

greenops has a spectacular aura aboutgreenops has a spectacular aura aboutgreenops has a spectacular aura aboutgreenops has a spectacular aura aboutgreenops has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by trifector View Post
Hey Daniel - yeah you can ingest CBD through pretty much anyway imaginable - vaping, eating etc... though I haven't seen CBD suppositories yet hahaha.

https://www.thecbdistillery.com/prod...suppositories/

Coco DTW 600w SCROG: Skywalker OG, Headband, OG 18, Trainwereck, Fruity Chronic Juice, Lost Coast OG, Green Crack

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6070823&poste d=1#post6070823

completed:
400w/600w SCROG: C99, Blue Cheese, Sweet Deep Grapefruit, Power Kush, Pinapple Express
https://www.icmag.co/ic/showthread.php?t=246131

Fruity Chronic Juice / Kushberry SCROG
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=229121
greenops is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 05:38 PM #19
trifector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenops View Post

Hahaha - now I've seen everything!

Old 08-10-2018, 08:58 PM #20
CannaZen

CannaZen has a spectacular aura aboutCannaZen has a spectacular aura aboutCannaZen has a spectacular aura aboutCannaZen has a spectacular aura aboutCannaZen has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukk View Post
I want to ask something.

Concentraced CBD-extracts of cannabis plants growed for hemp oil are for sale in european union in shops or online.

How is CBD oil from cultivated CBD strains, we don't have it where I live.

Hemp produces CBD flowers.

@everyone

Cannabidiol does a lot! How CBD works

Serotonin Receptors
Vanilloid Receptors
GPR55—orphan receptors
CBD as a reuptake inhibitor
Quote:
According to a team of Stony Brook University scientists, CBD functions as an anandamide reuptake and breakdown inhibitor, thereby raising endocannabinoid levels in the brain’s synapses. Enhancing endocannabinod tone via reuptake inhibition may be a key mechanism whereby CBD confers neuroprotective effects against seizures, as well as many other health benefits.
Quote:
CBD’s anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety effects are in part attributable to its inhibition of adenosine reuptake. By delaying the reuptake of this neurotransmitter, CBD boosts adenosine levels in the brain, which regulates adenosine receptor activity. A1A and A2A adenosine receptors play significant roles in cardiovascular function, regulating myocardial oxygen consumption and coronary blood flow. These receptors have broad anti-inflammatory effects throughout the body.
PPARs - nuclear receptors

Quote:
CBD also exerts an anti-cancer effect by activating PPARs [peroxisome proliferator activated receptors] that are situated on the surface of the cell’s nucleus. Activation of the receptor known as PPAR-gamma has an anti-proliferative effect as well as an ability to induce tumor regression in human lung cancer cell lines. PPAR-gamma activation degrades amyloid-beta plaque, a key molecule linked to the development of Alzheimer’s disease. This is one of the reasons why cannabidiol, a PPAR-gamma agonist, may be a useful remedy for Alzheimer’s patients.
PPAR receptors also regulate genes that are involved in energy homeostasis, lipid uptake, insulin sensitivity, and other metabolic functions. Diabetics, accordingly, may benefit from a CBD-rich treatment regimen.
CBD as an allosteric modulator

Quote:
CBD reduces anxiety by changing the shape of the GABA-A receptor in a way that amplifies the natural calming effect of GABA.
In the equation, p2 represents the frequency of the homozygous genotype AA, q2 represents the frequency of the homozygous genotype aa, and 2pq represents the frequency of the heterozygous genotype Aa. In addition, the sum of the allele frequencies for all the alleles at the locus must be 1, so p + q = 1.

Last edited by CannaZen; 08-10-2018 at 09:11 PM..
CannaZen is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.