What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Malawi - limited edition

asdfasf

I have put one seed into the water last night to soak and moved it onto a heating mat wrapped in paper towel just a minute ago. Fingers crossed.

MIGreenman

Mystery beans

Mystery beans

So a lower branch that was taken for inspection was allowed to dry for a few days. Under the scope I squeezed it and was amazed to see 5 mature shiny Brown seeds pop out of one of the dogs. I'm not sure which of the two plants that came off of and I have inspected with the tips of my scissors etc. I cannot find another seed. I have been inspecting for Hermes the entire time because I've got a lot of new plants from seed in my flowering room right now. No sign of bananas or male flowers anywhere. Could it be one plant just self seeded without spreading pollen? These are 10 weeks flowering. Other than overfeeding the first half of their flowering life there should be no real stress factors. 75 degree temps and 55 to 60% humidity. No light leaks.

picture.php

MIGreenman

I should add that these are feminized Panama Malawi seed from last summer I believe and are getting 11 and 1/2 hours of light per day. I have also thoroughly inspected the plants around this one and still cannot find any problems. Stumped. In fact, I'm very happy about how everything is looking!

chiesesganja

So a lower branch that was taken for inspection was allowed to dry for a few days. Under the scope I squeezed it and was amazed to see 5 mature shiny Brown seeds pop out of one of the dogs. I'm not sure which of the two plants that came off of and I have inspected with the tips of my scissors etc. I cannot find another seed. I have been inspecting for Hermes the entire time because I've got a lot of new plants from seed in my flowering room right now. No sign of bananas or male flowers anywhere. Could it be one plant just self seeded without spreading pollen? These are 10 weeks flowering. Other than overfeeding the first half of their flowering life there should be no real stress factors. 75 degree temps and 55 to 60% humidity. No light leaks.

View Image
sativa easy get hermi.........same to me

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MIGreenman,

Glad to see you are close to harvest time ;)

The sweet perfumey Panama x Malawi phenos are nice, although my favorite ones are the lemony incensey ones leaning heavily towards Panama Goddess traits.

Cannot confirm from here the source of the unexpected seeds you have found in the lower branch, but if you have found seeds then it is because those flowers were pollinated with pollen, cannabis plant cannot produce seeds without pollen.

The pollen could come from female plants nearby becoming slightly hermie (with bananas or with fully formed male flowers), or from more distant male/s from other garden/s.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Last 5 Panama x Malawi regular packs available!

Last 5 Panama x Malawi regular packs available!

Hi,

Very last 5 packs of Panama x Malawi regular limited edition available on our website:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/brands/ace-seeds/panamaxmalawistandard.html

Panama x Malawi fem is already sold out, Malawi x Panama fem too, once these last Panama x Malawi regular packs are sold out only Malawi x Panama regular will be still available among all our genetic combos between Malawi and Panama.

So if you are interested get some stock because it will take time to re stock them.

Kijell

Oh damn okay I have one Panalawi Fem Seed left, will wait for a special occasion! :)
It is a great strain!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Panama x Malawi regular and feminized sold out!

Panama x Malawi regular and feminized sold out!

Hi,

Both Panama x Malawi reg and fem are sold out.
It will take time until we can produce more stock.

I unstick the thread to make space in the sticky area to the strains that are still available. You can still post in this thread to share your experiences or ask any doubt about this limited edition.

Thanks everyone for your support! :wave:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Doing inventory in our fridge found a few dozens of Panama x Malawi regular packs,
so they are listed back on our website and the thread goes to the sticky area again :dance013:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
This is some kickass weed. My latest one was a heavy yielder for a small plant in 2.5 gallon pot. Her clone is nearing harvest now and is also coming along nicely. But this has been my favorite smoke lately. A little heavy and spacey effect but still functional. I love the aroma and it's a heady mix of carrots, mint and musk.Sweet herbal flavor to it.

This seed sat in the fridge way too long.

picture.php
picture.php

At 6 weeks it smells almost exactly like lemony Panama I grew. Structure is way different though, I'm guessing more towards Malawi?

asdfasf

fPa2DK4.png

this is at 62 days (9 weeks)
Coming together as the fattest cola I've seen. It's a very interesting plant to grow. I got a decent number of clones of it I'm planning on putting them under a screen and fill up a 3x6 tent the next time around.

asdfasf

13 weeks flowering

13 weeks flowering

View Image
this is at 62 days (9 weeks)
Coming together as the fattest cola I've seen. It's a very interesting plant to grow. I got a decent number of clones of it I'm planning on putting them under a screen and fill up a 3x6 tent the next time around.
cPLElhE.png

b8man

Veteran
I loved this strain, but wish I'd kept the pheno from my first run that I really liked. The others didn't quite get to the same level of awesomeness. At least there was a lot to enjoy thanks to those yields.

I'll find out in a few weeks how the straight Malawi compares as well as the Mal x PCK. I think next year I'll need a few indicas to balance these all out.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the positive feedback Texas Tea and b8man :)

I agree, this sativa F1 almost has it all: very vigorous, high yields, easy to grow, moderate flowering times, very complex terpenes, high resin production, dense flowers of great flower/leaf ratio, and lovely potent effects. The ratio of remarkable plants is very high, to get that special plant depends more on the grower's preference and taste, but it's easy to find a winner among just a few plants, especially in the fem version.

Enjoy your harvest asdfasf! ;)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I just took down my Malawi x Panama. Similar structure but the buds were larger and denser than Panlawi. Also sweeter flavor and heavier high, although it's only been a week or two so we will see how she ages. I must say, I think Panlawi might just be my favorite Ace strain so far. Really dig the incense and wood character and energetic high.