What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SourDiesel IBL - SourPheno

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi cannigrow !

Thanks a lot for the picts ! Your pheno in soil looks a lot like the one we got, the hydro seems more sativa with longer buds...
My pheno is at 56 days, will be cut at 63, due to family coming... The buds are small but really compact, i'ld say 60%sativa. This is totally a sour pheno, no diesel smell, maybe a little bit pineapple. Probably the best sativa i've ever had with racy high, quite different from jamaican landraces (sativas i know best)... Outstanding !

Skar told me this pheno was better than sour diesel that's sold in a'dam, but i couldn t remember who told him that.... I really would like to compare this particular pheno to the ECSD... IMO this high would be hard to beat ! Well Rez has done a great job on this strain :)

Last edited:

REZDOG

Veteran
Dank as hell,Nice Job!!
7388ibl3.jpg

7388ibl3.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:joint:Great job Bro :headbange Cant get any closer to the Mum than that!Great when you can buy a pack o beans and get the exact pheno you where looking for isnt it :rasta: .Pink hairs and all.Peace and stay safe,PVP :wave:

Last edited:
HighClass, as for my palate, I was amazed with the taste of the Bubba S1's(especially the purple pheno) although there was alot of criticism at the time they were released. The taste to me was a coffe/kush flavor that was very potent and strong. Which pheno did you get? purple?green? mint? With that said, the ibl came out later, so i wasn't smoking them at the same time. After trying the SD ibl I was thuroghly impressed as both the bubba S1 and the ibl were top notch. If I have to choose only one to smoke I would have to go with the ibl, but if I could I would put them both in a bowl and smoke em together (a little gangsta gumbo bowl)lol. your in for a treat and I'm curious to know what you think. Also, check out the thread by SCC3 on the KK bubba kush S1 to give u a little insight on the purple pheno.

cannigrow

Thanks Rez - I've knocked you a bit in the past for hermie issues with it, but in the end it was all my fault; it's a plant that needs perfect care, and it reciprocates very well in return. Look at it wrong though and sometimes it's gonna throw a nanner. In full stress I've had my cut throw balls. But regardless of all that you'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands. Several friends proclaim it a gift from god and their favorite smoke lol.

I let it go 80 days preferably. No sour d should be done at 50-60. Maybe early 60s on select phenos.

As for comparing it to ECSD, i've smoked both a lot, and I personally like the bud structure of the IBL better. Otherwise it's a toss up...

THC•20

Swollen Calyx 2 said:
HighClass, as for my palate, I was amazed with the taste of the Bubba S1's(especially the purple pheno) although there was alot of criticism at the time they were released. The taste to me was a coffe/kush flavor that was very potent and strong. Which pheno did you get? purple?green? mint? With that said, the ibl came out later, so i wasn't smoking them at the same time. After trying the SD ibl I was thuroghly impressed as both the bubba S1 and the ibl were top notch. If I have to choose only one to smoke I would have to go with the ibl, but if I could I would put them both in a bowl and smoke em together (a little gangsta gumbo bowl)lol. your in for a treat and I'm curious to know what you think. Also, check out the thread by SCC3 on the KK bubba kush S1 to give u a little insight on the purple pheno.

Speaking of the Bubba Kush S1 have you or any had experience with Dr. Greenthumb? I don't know any where else to get those seeds and I'm almost willing to pay the price for the seeds (yes, the will is overwhelming!) but I'm not willing yet because that's a big lose for me if that site isn't legit.

G

guest5703

Very cool thread. I was gifted seeds from a buddy here on ic. He said he got his sour D ibl seeds from someone, but mainly it came from rez. So I think he took a male he got and crossed it with a sour D ibl clone he had in flower. I don't really know how to say it, is that a BX then, a back cross? Well anyways it smelled like the famous sour D when it had five nodes as a seedling. I took a clone off of the mother which is now my mother, and now the seed is in flower under my 400hps. This was my first run with her, and first run with only coco in nice small pots compared to my other grows I used to large of pots. Also my first time working with House and Garden noots, so you can see I under fed her in the start. I seem to be feeding her more and more than recommended on the H&G nutrient schedule and she still is slightly yellow. I can see some hairs turning but they are soooo light orange you can barley tell they've dried, personally I dig this. Can't wait for the final result, I am at 31 days today but pics are from day 26 I believe. I actually just got another Sour D clone, not sure what type it is at all yet but I've smoked the product and it was bomb as hell, very sour d'ish. My sour D mom in flower, harldy had any stretch because I trained her, shit everyone should train there sour D's, I hear they stretch like mother ****ers. I am not going to need any stakes/strings to hold up buds this run because my stalk is so thick, and the branches so trained that they are sturdy as HELL. Wish you guys could feel how sturdy they are. ANYWAY heres pics sorry for rambling I just love this sour D ibl!!!

PEACE EVERYONE

titoon29

Veteran
Hi Caligreen

Nice to see you here !
Sour D IBL X Sour D IBL would be IBL again i think, as IBL is just a name for strains stabilized with at least 5 generations.
I would be happy to find a diesel pheno on SourD, as mine is really 100% Sour... Any diesel smell or taste in yours ?
They look like very frosty, impressive !

bye and thanks for posting :)
I cut my two clones of Sour D at day 80 yesterday... can't wait to smoke it !

THC•20 said:
Speaking of the Bubba Kush S1 have you or any had experience with Dr. Greenthumb? I don't know any where else to get those seeds and I'm almost willing to pay the price for the seeds (yes, the will is overwhelming!) but I'm not willing yet because that's a big lose for me if that site isn't legit.

Breeder's Choice has Bubba Kush S1's. They're listed as a breeder on seedbay but not seedboutique, but they don't have any stock under seedbay. They have a website in spain, cannabiseye . com
They also have a version of sour diesel and an arcata trainwreck ibl. And their prices are very reasonable, 30 euros which is what like 40-45 dollars currently?
Anyone have any experience with breeder's choice seeds? Their genetics and prices seem too good to be true... I was considering getting their Bubba S1 to see what the bk hype is all about (I know, I know, you really need the clone for that, but I don't have any connections nor am I likely to get one in the near future) but I'm also considering waiting for Rez's ChemD bx which should be out early in '08. Supposedly the ChemD is even stronger than the BK (also the bk might have chemd in it, or so I've read on the internet, take that with a pinch of salt lol).

Very nice pictures guys...

Very nice pictures guys...

I have 2 pheno's myself... luckily out of the 10 seeds I got a indica leaning pheno & a more sativa one with longer calyxes, but suprisingly firm buds for a sat dom plant.

Here is the indica pheno, looks like the one you guys have (pictured @ day 50 bloom). Unfortunatley I must harvest @ 63 days...

33328SD_1_50_days_3_.JPG

more indica pheno...

Sat pheno:

Last edited:

titoon29

Veteran
Hi goodmangigabyte,
no experience with breeder choice yet, they have some good strains, friend of mine was very pleased by there nycd f2... Sannie sell some of there strains on sanniesshop (google it for the adress)... you should post to ask in a new thread to get more answers as it s sour ibl which is talked about... But i'm sure the ibl, if you got some money, is a best way to find some awesome keepers... I"ve tried Elite Genetics Sour Diesel which was nice, but less potent then the ibl i got. peace :rasta:

Hi Peter Petrelli, great you landed here :)

on other thread i asked about indica phenos of sour d cause i tought it was sativa mostly... mine is sativa mostly, with a big stretch ( X3), buds with very dense nugs, few leaves, and sativa shaped.
I cut one at 65 days, really nice smoke, but "the crazy spirit" high lacks... that s how i call it, cutted early it s high quite strong, but then with 10 more dazes the sour d really express herself in the high, you have trouble to think and doing anything... But let the high take you and you ll be amazed of what she could make ya think and talk of !
Maybe your indica pheno should be done in 63 days, as mine is sativa... As i see effects which are i found not so far from mostly indica hybrid, with some kickass high which could be hidden by the power of the "crazy spirit" lool... So if you got the high i tried to explain you ( english is quite hard for me ^^), you ve got a keeper !!!!!!!!! Sure it looks like one when i see her, awesome picts !

so i'm sure you won't be disapointed !

Don't drink and drive, :joint: and FLY !!!

Last edited:
I received an O of Sour Diesel on Christmas and am amazed at the fact that the buds look very similar to the bud shots on here. The exact bud structure. And covered in large trichomes. I'm enjoying it very much. I love the flavor and smell.

THC•20

Hope you're having fun! I'm still longing for the day that I get my hand on those expensive SD seeds lol. I'm gonna buy them dammit!

p.s. how is the stretch with SD with clones put in 12/12 the minute they root? I'm looking for some great stretching strains because I'm trying to set up a SOG thing. Also what do they smell like when they're flowering? Any skunky odors?

Last edited:
G

guest5703

Good god I love the sour!!!! My pheno, was pulled a little early due to mold on my biggest two colas. Sad but they turned out sooo great anyways. Pulled at 63 days, with only a 3 days flush, only three days, half of my sour D ibl was at 63 and some was taken at day 66 or so with more of a flush.

The initial smell is diesel, you smell it when the plant is growing, but if you rub a leaf you get sour. Now that shes dry and in jars she smells sour for sure, one of the best sour D buds I have ever smoked. I have smoked many sour d's, but this one takes the cake for sure. My sour pheno is extremely frosted, and it tastes soo good like a hash after taste with sweet undertones on the first inhale. When you break a nug it's like opening a bag of sour patch kids, the smells are sweet with a mad strong smell of sour sour sour!!!

Under my 60-100X scope the trichomes are covered on the ground thickly, theres no room and I mean NO ROOM for any more. Mostly I got clear/cloudy heads, but the sheer mass amount of trichs handles the real high. You just get soo stoned and you don't want to move. I was sitting down yesterday trying to hold something up and my arms just didn't want to work. I felt tired and sluggish. IMO this is a high I love, gotta love those racy sati's but this girl I have is a hard hitting indica for sure.

Some seriously dank smoke, and I have been smoking it for days now, smoking a shit load and still have barely acquired a tolerance level so I am still getting baked as hell. Great strain, she'll be in my stable for a long time if not forever! PEACE