What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

Americangrower

Veteran
Hill's fiancee filed 2 popo reports. 1st was for child abuse/neglect on march 5. The 2nd is for battery against a juvenile (broken arm) on march 14. He sounds like a POS if he hurt a 3 year old. I guess we will find out.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
if it was his fiancee that dropped dime on him both times this could be serious
battery on a juvenile is more than just a little rough housing or a kid who is accident prone
sounds like the guy has a problem and needs to get help; not only is this a bad look from a league standpoint but i could see opposing players giving him a little extra if you know what i mean
/no one likes a child abuser

i could see mayfield having a break out year this season for sure with all the talent around him
it will be interesting to see who takes a chance on k.murray
im still not sold on the guy and it seems like he chose not to fully participate in the combine
i guess we will see where he ends up in the nfl, but looking at the teams drafting in the top-5, the team most likely to take a qb is the raiders
/depending on how the feel about carr
maybe the dolphins will trade up but i think their man will still be there at the 13th pick depending on who they really want
tannahill going to tenn is a great move for the titans and you are right he would make a great back up
i think miami was just glad to move him from his roster spot, they dident really gain much else in the deal (a low draft choice i tihnk)

so how are you guys spending your st.paddys day?
spring is in the air here in socal and me and the mrs are goign for a nice hike in the local canyon
we are also stopping by her friends house to house sit a little but other than that not much else going on

iTarzan

I don't know what the Colts are thinking Baba. I guess they like what they have. At some point if a team doesn't use it cap money much of that money goes to the players on the team. If you like your team and tell them the extra money is theirs that is a pretty good incentive. Now I don't have any idea if that will happen but it is interesting because they have more money to spend than seems possible now that the biggest names are gone.

The WR they signed is a needed player. They need a big WR and Funchess is like 6'4" (I think). A big WR was one of their needs and if the right player fell to them they might have used their 1st rounder. I don't think they will now. Plus they have a WR, last year a rookie, they like but he got injured for the year.

I think they go DL with their 1st pick. They will have a defense heavy draft and get another OL. Ballard the gm is always preaching building the lines on both sides of the ball.

That was probably a nice St Patty's day poprocks. Hope you had a good one.

It is still cold here. It was an ok 41 degrees and sunny but the wind was blowing like crazy. I cleaned the garage a bit today. Then worked on putting together a Briggs motor I took apart and rebuilt. I am learning small engine repair. I have been at it for about 2 years. I want to be able to fix my own stuff. Lots of useful items have small engines. I bought a few books, visit forums and watch youtube videos. You can basically go to school on youtube for just about any subject.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah AG, I was thinking it was more tyreek yanking his son by the arm, and even though he’s a small guy by NFL standards he’s still really strong and explosive for his size, and maybe hurting his son inadvertently. But if it happened on two different occasions, and he hurt his son pretty badly, then maybe he needs to lose custody for a while, take some anger management and parenting classes, get himself right. Plus who knows, maybe CTE and/or PED abuse could explain some of his hyper aggressiveness. Not an excuse for hurting another human being, but it is a reason.

I think if Russell Wilson can be successful, and he is, then I don’t see why murray cant be also. He’s only a shade smaller than Wilson, and probably faster, although Wilson might be more agile. He only took measurements and interviews at the combine, and didn’t run at his pro day, but maybe because he didn’t want to emphasize his speed, like lamar Jackson before he was drafted. But really all the scouts need to look at, for him and other draft picks, is his college tape. He started slow vs Bama in the college football playoffs but that 2nd half he was unstoppable. Im thinking he has the passing ability to be a franchise guy, and the mobility to make the passing game easier for him: defenders better not turn their back on him when they drop back, else he’ll tuck it and run for 10 yards in 2-3 seconds.
But we’ll see, if he’s a top pick he’s going to a bad team so it might be a struggle for his first year or two.

St Patrick’s day is huge in Chicago, there’s a lot of Irish around here, they have their own parade (south side irish parade) going through traditionally irish neighborhoods (lot of city workers, cops, judges, govt lawyers, etc). But ive never really celebrated the holiday myself, I figure any day is a good day for drinking, if im of the mind to do it…:biggrin:

I think NFL teams have to spend at least 89% of the salary cap, Tarzan, but that’s averaged over 4 years, so if they spend below 89% one or two years they can make it up in the other years. I didn’t know the required spending to make it to the minimum gets spread among the roster if it’s not used to sign free agents, I think that’s how it works in the nba but didn’t know it also applied to the nfl.
I think the colts are pretty smart not splurging on big name players, theyre like the patriots, trying to focus on the middle class of the league, hitting doubles and singles and not going for home runs. The NFL is more about depth than anything else, u don’t want ur team to fall apart if your star player gets hurt, for example the Bears defense becomes much less scary if Mack is injured.
Maybe they’ll sign Ezekiel ansah and justin Houston on one year prove it deals, or even ndamakong suh. If those guys step up their play then the colts will have gotten good value and those guys can sign bigger contracts elsewhere, if not then the colts didn’t commit too much to fading players.
Your engine work sounds interesting, tarzan, I just have two words for you: motorized go-kart. Can you take a lawnmover engine and stick that thing in a go kart? I guess that’s a lot more engineering than just fixing a motor though…

iTarzan

I am making a go-kart for my neighbor kid. That is why I rebuilt the Briggs engine. There are a bunch of you tube videos on building go-kart rat rods. I bought the frame on CL and the Briggs came off a rototiller. I don't have the skills to fabricate the whole thing. Rototillers have high torque engines. They make good rat rod engines. We will see soon enough.

You said Patriots and Colts in the same sentence Baba. LOL! The Colts are getting smarter and maybe learning a few things from the Patriots killing them year after year. We will find out.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that is so cool that you are getting into working on small engines itzn!
i remember as a kid one fo the neighbors had a two stroke go cart that was fast as could be
we would all take turns driving it up and down the street as kids and had a blast
sounds like a great hobbymy man and a useful skill for sure
we dident do much celibrating yesterday
we ran some errands and spent time at mrsChickys friends house sitting with the cats
i think investing in o'line talent is always a good move especially when you have a franchise qb to protect

im with you baba and dont really need an excuse to drink
it would be different if we had more real irish tradition here in san diego but for the most part its just like cinco de mayo or any other made up holiday

so it looks like ryan fitzpatrick is going to be working his magic in miami!
hes good for a few wins and a couple games where he just knocks your socks off, followed by a bunch of mediocre
i also heard a rumor that kaep might be interested in the starting job for the dolphins
at thispoint im kind of up in the air about that guy
has he even been working out? i still think miami needs a qb, someone to compete for the starting job with fitzmagic and more hopefully a guy they can build an offense around
it looks like the bengals have cut vontaze burfect
i like his intensity on the field but think he makes too many stupid mistakes
so who are the last of the big name free agents left on the board?
suh is still available, but i think a lot of teams are going to wait until after the draft to look his way
/like weve said, this draft is chock full of D'line tallent

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Haha, i like that term, 'rat rod'. Like 'hot rod', but smaller. That's real dope that you're doing that, tarzan. Is the neighbor paying you for building it? Hopefully the kid doesnt get hurt driving it, they might try to blame you if it was because there was something faulty with it. But so long as the brakes work good it should be ok, it doesnt seem like those things are easy to tip, theyre so low to the ground...
Is the briggs engine from a lawnmower? I guess rototiller engines are much less common than lawnmowers. What about snow blower engines, could those work? So torque is how much force the engine could put out, is that the same as horsepower? I understand that an engine that is supposed to turn blades that can churn up dirt has a lot more power than a typical lawnmower. I wonder if one of those augers for digging holes for fence posts would work as well. I need to do some fence repairs when the weather gets warmer and the ground less hard, my fence is literally sagging, lol.

Indy could have had similar success to new england if they had better management and consistent good coaching. Like NE, they have the elite QB to build around, with Peyton for 13 years and now Luck for the past 7. Dungy was a good coach, won a chip with peyton but after he left theyve cycled through coaches with varying degrees of success. Reich seems like a keeper though. But they had issues building a good defense around peyton, same with luck and and also building a good o-line with luck, if they had better teams around those guys they could have won 3-5 superbowls over the last 20 years. But whatever, the past is the past, and now they have a rising team, they legit have the best O-line in the league now and defense has the best linebacker in the game (better than luke kuechly i think) and finished #10 in points allowed and #20 in sacks. They got their big body receiver in funchess, he was cam's #1 WR yet never had a 1000yd season but luck is a much better passer so 1000yds and 7-8 tds is doable assuming he gets the targets. With Ebron and Doyle as two of the better pass catching TE's, and the WR they drafted last year if he's healthy, i think Luck has plenty of weapons even if none of them are AB or OBJ. But ur right, they probably need to go through the patriots in the playoffs, and so far they've been luck's bogeyman. I wonder if the colts and pats will play in the regular season again, the schedule gets released in april, the week before the draft...

Yeah Pop, i was going to mention Fitzmagic going to miami, was wondering what ur thoughts were on that. I think ur right, he's someone who's very inconsistent with his performance, can throw for 400+ years in a game but then have one or two killer turnovers in the 4th quarter to lose it. He did have one good season with the jets a few years ago, had 35tds and led them to 9 or 10 wins but they didnt get a wildcard spot. He would be a good tank commander for the dolphins so they can draft Tua next year but knowing the dolphins' luck in finding qb's fitzmagic is going to actually have a good year this season and lead the Fins to 8+ wins. Even then, they could look forward to 2021 when trevor lawrence from clemson can be drafted...

Im not sure if Kaep will ever play football again, not sure he needs to if he got paid in his collusion settlement with the league. And ur right, he's been out of the game for what, 3 years now, it'd take him a full year just to get his game back you would think.

Burfict was a pretty dirty player, but he also suffered multiple concussions himself, he should probably retire and give his brain a chance to recover.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think fitzmagic going to miami is a good move for the fins' over all
i dont see him as thier #1 but he is a great backup
like you said, he has a decent stat line but is way too inconsistent to build around
/packs pipe and takes a huge rip
i think miami is going to draft k.murray!
they have a need at qb and with the 13th pick they might be willing to make a deal to trade up (other than miami, maybe nyg?)
/exhales cloud of smoke that fills corner of room
ind is a team on the rise for sure
i think the colts D was one of the most underrated units in the league last season and has young talent at all levels
i guess they could use a big name front line pass rusher but other than that they have a solid D
i like the combination of ty hilton and funchess as your #1/#2 receivers
i also like the kid they have at rb and hopes he continues to develop and can play a bigger role in the offense
/what would you say are their needs in the draft?
in otehr news the rams signed blake bortles to a 1y deal
while i think he sucks as a starters i actually like this move by the rams
j.goff is the hands down starter but bortles makes for a great backup
im pretty sure he reworked his contract (the rams arent paying him all the moneys to ride the bench) and he is a huge upgrade over their last backup qb

im surprised youve never heard the term rat rod,baba
that goes back to the big daddy roth times of classic american hot rod
that sucks about your fence man
we just had to have ours replaced, but luckily the neighbors were all cool and chipped in
i cant wait to hear how the build turns out itzn! you need to pin strips that bad boy or at least have some really cool flames somewhere on it!

iTarzan

Horsepower is measured and comes into play at high rpm. It makes for speed. Torque is the twisting power of the crankshaft, driveshaft and wheels. It is the pulling power. It gets tricky though. Horsepower doesn't even come into play until around 5000 rpms. Most of the driving of a car involves torque. Torque is the grunt that gets the wheels turning.
A lawnmower cuts grass by spinning the blade fast. The blade isn't really sharp like a knife is is actually kind of flat on the edge. It cuts with speed. If you started the mower and put a stick in the blades they wouldn't get going easily. A rototiller has a high torque and lower rpms. So do tractors. You want the rototiller blades to turn and twist through the soil to break it up.

When you make a go-kart or a mini bike or dirt bike you want a torque engine. You don't need to go fast for long stretches. You want quick starts and hill climbing power. 35 to 50 mph with a mini bike or go-kart is breakneck speed.

The engine I am using is only 3.5 HP. Most people use 5 HP engines but 3.5 to 5 is common. Motorcycle and snowmobile engines are too big for a minibike or go-kart. You could but know you are building a motorcycle or a race kart.

Engines are built for torque or horsepower by altering piston stroke length and crank shaft length and other factors. A Briggs 3.5 HP engine for a lawnmower is different than a 3.5 horsepower engine for a rototiller.

When you build a car engine you have to decide on a big horsepower highway runner or a high torque stop light to stop light burner. Then you have to match the cam to carburetor. A low end torque cam with a carb that is too big results in poor torque but with a smaller carb gets good torque. It is more complicated with car and motorcycle engines than with simple 3.5 to 5 HP lawnmower engines. Lawnmower engines have governors to keep them from over revving and getting out of their power bands. Then there are 2 strokes and 4 strokes and that is another consideration.
I am building it just for fun. I am giving it to the dad. He can do what he wants with it but will give it to his kid.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
FUCK the NFL and all their knee bending sons of bitches. I refuse to watch that shit. Take up coin collecting, it is much more interesting and rewarding.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Haha, I like your narration of your toking while writing a forum post, Pop. It’s weed with the kief on top, right? As Guy Fieri would say, you must be in Flavor-town.
I think Fitz is going to Miami with the expectation that he’s going to be the starter. Unless they draft a QB, he’ll definitely start over the 2 young qb’s they have on the roster – I think they said that the rams’ punter, johnny hekker, has thrown more passes in an nfl game that both those dudes combined. At 11M for 2 years, he’s being paid as much as chase daniels is to back up trubisky (2 yrs 10M). But I think the owner himself said theyre rebuilding and it’ll be a 2-3 year process. If Fitztragic can ‘lead’ them to a top 3 draft pick next year, they could get Tua, or Justin Herbert from Oregon, or jake fromm from Georgia.
I thought Leveon bell would have done really well in Indy, but they have a trio of RBs in marlon mack (their #1 guy), nyheim hines (pass catching) and jordan wilkins that is more than capable. Again, kind of like the patriots, who have michel, white and burkhead and overall a top 5 run game (#5 in rush yds, #4 in rush td’s last season). You could do a lot worse than try to emulate the patriots organization.
Yeah, kind of surprised how the rams signed bortles, I guess if mcvay can make him a useful player (if goff gets hurt) then he truly is a super genius. But their only other backup qb was some guy named brandon allen who hasn’t thrown an nfl pass; at least bortles has plenty of experience and is a big strong mobile dude. He’s also being paid 6.5M by the jags to NOT play for them next season, so maybe he’s being paid very little (under 1M) by LA.
Yeah, im pretty sure ive never heard the term ‘rat rod’, but I think my childhood was much much lamer than yours and Tarzan’s. Never had a go-kart in the neighborhood, that was the stuff of dreams my man…
Thanks for the kind words about the fence, not sure if I have the guts to approach my neighbors and ask for money but it’s an idea at least.

That was an excellent explanation of horsepower vs torque, Tarzan, I think I understand it much better now. It sounds like you really know what you’re doing. My knowledge of such things ends at changing the oil for my lawnmower and making sure to use an oil-gas mix in a 2stage motor. I know it's good to sharpen the mower blade once in a while, too, but have never done that ever, cause i think u need a good vise, a metal file or better yet, a bench mounted grinding wheel, and really, who has such tools anymore? Most people nowadays wouldnt know how to tighten a leaky faucet or which end of a wrench to use...

Maybe youre a savant with small engines, like that slingblade character that billy bob thornton played. Mmm-hmm. Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade. Mmm-hmm. :biggrin:

Heh, Im just playing, sorry about that. But I’m with Pop, a nice paint job on the cart would be lit, as the ‘yoots’ would say. But is the frame just pipes welded together, no body panels to draw or paint on?

Hey Hawk, don't scare gladys off. The more posters on icmag, the better i think. Although i do get tired of politics, seems like such a divisive topic for a lot of people. Arent we all on the same side? Murica! Land of the free, or something something...

So Gladys, coins, huh? You ever hunt for coins, take a metal detector to the beach or park?

iTarzan

Some have bodies and some are just frames. They make them out of wagons, wheelbarrows, metal chairs and much more. Some are very clever and well engineered.

Here are a couple videos

whole rat rods..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTWY2GRvBbQ

engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxEra8wtmz4

I agree poprocks. Fitz can be good for the Dolphins while a young guy develops. Fitz can win in the NFL.

Baba I agree on the Indy backs. The head scratcher is they didn't go after Bell but have Ajayi in for a visit this week.

The Colts have Aaron Lynch in for a visit today. I have been waiting for Lynch to have a breakout season. He was better than or just as good as Clowney their freshman years. He was just as highly rated as a HS prospect too. He ad more sacks his freshman year at ND but then got all mental and homesick. He was the next big thing at ND.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
if k.murray goes #1 i see it being miami,raiders or nyg who trade up to nab him
we will see where he goes but i think if he goes #1 the 9rs take bosa; bosa goes #1 the 9rs trade down and take allen or williams
who knows and its all speculation at this point but that part of the fun of being a true fan
i enjoy talking football, especially with other knowledgeable fans and i really enjoy our chats here
maybe its not for everyone
but like itzn demonstrated, we have a lot of other interests besides the game and this is a fun group
i like to think we welcome anyone to the conversation, even if they dont like football
the only thing is, you have to be cool
/emphasis on the being cool part
bortles is a solid guy off the bench for the rams
i dont know if anyone has mentioned it butthey also signed clay mathews to a 2y deal
i like this move even more; they were super soft at the second level and i think he brings a lot of wisdom and leadership to what will hopefully be a better rams lb corps

thanks for the run down itzn! i agree with baba and feel like people dont really work on their own things much anymore
part of it is because everything is made so cheaply* that it breaks its often less cost to just go out and buy another
/not very "green" at all
those are some nice rides man! they look like almost show cars
be sure to keep up updated on your progress and if you could maybe throw in a pic or two of what you are working on
im sure who ever gets to drive this thing is going to be super stoked!

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Thanks for the vids, Tarzan, yeah I see what you mean about the variety of different frames and bodies for rat rods. Wheelbarrows for seats, things like that. Some of the rods seemed more ‘slap-dash’ than others, like literally scrounged up from garbage, but others seemed really professionally built. I’m with Pop, if you have any pics that’d be sweet, although maybe for security issues you don’t want to do that..

Fitzmagic could be a good mentor, the problem is that the Fins’ franchise is not currently on the roster. They have 2 young, low-drafted guys but neither one are expected to be future starters. Unless they pick one high in next month’s draft, I think Fitz’s veteran presence isn’t going to help another QB on the roster. Really, the best thing he could do for this team is lead them to 2-4 wins next season and a top 3 pick where they could get their next Marino, someone they’ve been looking for for the past 3 decades.

Bears paid Lynch 4M last year, he played in 13 games (3 of them he started), had 16 tackles and 3 sacks and 8 QB hits, so doesn’t look like he got a whole lot of work and I don’t think he was injured. But it seemed like a was a solid member of their D-line rotation, and maybe he would get more snaps if he signs with the colts. If he got 3 sacks in only 16 tackles means he could still rush the passer, if he gets 50 tackles then that points to a 9-10 sack season if he keeps the same efficiency.
I’m with your tarzan, dude looked like a stud his freshman year in college, but hasn’t been as dominant since. Still, he’s a quality NFL player and can definitely be part of a championship D-line rotation, like the eagles had in 2017.

Out of those 3 teams you mentioned, Pop, I think the raiders are the most likely to trade up for Murray, if only because they have the highest pick and 3 overall picks in the 1st round they can use as trade bait. I like the giants at #6 going for Haskins, and Miami if they draft a QB this year maybe using #13 on Drew Lock from Missouri or Daniel Jones from Duke, or maybe using a 2nd or 3rd round pick on guys like will grier (West Virginia), ryan finley (NC state) or Clayton Thorson (Northwestern) if they want to take a QB this year instead of waiting for 2020.

Yeah, I was just trying to see if Gladys had anything substantive to add to the convo instead of ‘I hate kneelers blah blah blah’. We get it, you hate people exercising their rights that soldiers bled and died for, alright let’s move on.

I was waiting to have you mention the clay Mathews signing first. He’s from socal, so I guess he wanted to go back home, he’ll even play in the same stadium (Coliseum) he did in college at USC. 16M for 2 yrs is kind of steep for a fading player: had 3.5 sacks last year, hasn’t really been good the last 4 years. But from what packers fans are saying, he’s not really a guy who should be playing 80-90% of defensive snaps anymore. If he can play half the snaps or less, that will keep him fresher and more effective going after the QB.
But this signing, like the weddle signing, shows that the rams are considered the prime place to go for aging All-pro’s who want one more chance at glory. Like the kobe and shaq lakers 15 years ago, when gary payton and karl Malone joined them for one last championship run, players want to join the rams to get that ring. At this point you have to consider them the NFC favorites to get back to the superbowl, even if the saints, cowboys, bears, eagles etc stay the same or get better.

It’s always funny to me that so many people, even older people who should know better, don’t know how to do very basic repairs. Wouldn’t know how to tighten a loose screw if their life depended on it. That’s why I think it’s great that tarzan knows how to work on small engines with carburetors, maybe it means he can work on modern cars with fuel injectors a little so he doesn’t get hosed by unscrupulous repair guys.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellows! its the weekend
the colts have been working on their defense signing chiefs lb justin houston toa two year deal
i think this is a good move and will bring more firepower and experience to an up and coming defense
raiders picked up mike glennon to be the new backup
/i guess we will see who hes playing behind after the draft
i could definitely see them in the k.murray market and with all those first round picks they have capital to be serious bidders
you make a good point about miami possibly being more interested in other qbs; i still have my doubts about this murray kid
yeah i have noticed the rams are signing a lot of older players this off season
weddle was a steal but they must think mathews still has something in him with the contract they gave him
i guess even if hes only a situational player he will hopefully bring some leadership and exp to the position
i would still like to see the add more talent here maybe in the draft
they dont have a 2/3rd round pick so maybe they could trade away their first rounder for a couple in the later rounds

anyone watching the basketball? a friend of mine is a big college hoops fan and loves this time of year
im not that into it but will probably watch a few games just for the action
hoping to get on the grill later here later today
you are so right baba about how most people dont know how to do most basic repairs or maintain most things themselves
even if you dont really want to work on the things yourself, it helps when you understand whats broken and why; especially when it comes to cars
hope the build is coming along nicely itzn, what parts are you working on right now
hope everyone has a great weekend

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, Indy signed Houston to a 2 year, 24M deal. Houston hasn’t been elite since his 2014 season when he had 22 sacks (and subsequently signed the biggest contract for a defensive player at that time) but he had 9 sacks and 5 forced fumbles in 12 games for the chiefs last year, he just turned 30 and if can stay relatively healthy he’s a bargain for an edge rusher capable of double digit sacks for less than 15M/yr.
If Indy also signs lynch and maybe shane ray or Ezekiel ansah, they could easily be a 50 sack team next season. You need more than sacks to be a good D (chiefs tied for the league lead in sacks but were a bottom 5 defense overall) but theyre strong up the middle with darius and malik at LB and safety.
It’s a mystery where all these QB’s will end up going so I guess that makes the draft more exciting. Will the cards and raiders start over with new QBs? Will the giants and Miami try to draft their QBs of the future this year or wait? Whatever happens with these kids will really say a lot about the team drafting them.
I think Clay’s deal is for 9M overall and only 5.5M guaranteed, if he meets all of the incentives (unlikely) he’ll make up to 16M over 2 years but more likely he’ll just make that 9M for 2 years. Clay is a bargain compared to cj mosley, who’s getting 17M/yr from the Jets. He’s not an everydown player like mosley but if he gives the rams 7-8 sacks a year and some big plays (sacks or turnovers) in the playoffs he’ll be more than worth it. Plus they resigned dante fowler for 1yr at 12M so they kept some edge rushing at DE as well.
I’m keeping half an eye on march madness, Pop, especially when the games get good, the good teams start playing each other. I guess that kid Zion Williamson from Duke is supposed to be the next Lebron, he might be even bigger and stronger than king james. The knicks have the nba’s worst record but they changed the lottery odds, now the 3 worst teams have equal chances at the #1 pick; 14% each, before the worst team would have 25% odds at #1. I think phoenix and Cleveland
What’s going on the grill this weekend, Pop? Do you ever use charcoal or wood to grill, or do you ever smoke meats, or is it just straight propane for you? Nothing wrong with that, you still get that nice flame broiled taste, but I do like that subtle wood flavor in the meat from charcoal grilling. It’s more prep and cleanup though to bother with, plus the cost of the wood/charcoal, so much easier to just refill a propane tank and be done with it…

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i always use charcoal baba and usually throw of bunch of wood chips on it
i like using charcoal and wood because it really brings the flavor and i dont mind the mess
i have some short ribs and chicken im doing in a toscino marinate
i got the recipe from my nephew and its one of those sweet and savory asian type bbq flavors
its my first time using it so im just keeping it simple, some soy and water with a little oil and then the packette of seasoning
yeah i find i pay more attention once its down to the final teams
it sounds fun but there are way to many schools to follow for a casual fan
i think the colts had a pretty good defense last season and hopefully houston can contribute
i dident know they resigned fowler
he had a decent season last year and had a stand out game i think
i like the move because it gives them some flexibilty in who they draft; but i still think they should trade their #1 away unless there is someone really interesting left on the board
had a fun solo ride this afternoon on the mountain bike
i havent been riding as much as i used to, especially over the winter so im totally wipped
im ready for some good movies and some good smoke!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I didnt think it was possible but i have even more respect for you, Pop. Using real wood is real bbqing. Do you use the briquettes or the hardwood charcoal?

How did that toscino marinade turn out? I know you mentioned it before. Im going to have to pick up a pack of that next time im at the mexican grocery...

Just watched some of the ncaa tourney, saw the last half of TN-Iowa, went into overtime, and then saw Duke beat UCF by 1 point. Duke has by far the most talent of any college team, their 4 freshman might go in the top 10 of the nba draft, but i guess the nice thing about college is that teams with lesser talent but better chemistry can still compete.

Colts are way ahead in their rebuild, the improved D helps but having Luck fully back as a top 5 QB is huge. Maybe they'll look to add shane ray too, the broncos didnt resign him and he's still a free agent.

Rams didnt have much cap room but they scraped together 12M to resign Fowler for another year. He had only 2 sacks in 8 regular season games with LA but had 1.5 sacks in their 3 playoff games. I dont think fowler has really lived up to being the #3 overall pick when the jags drafted him, but since LA gave up a 3rd round pick to trade for him last year, i guess they want to keep him around see if they can maximize his talents.

Yeah, rams are in a bit of a pickle without a 2nd and 3rd rd pick this year, that's the of the win-now moves they made last year, but it's definitely a good idea to trade down for extra picks. Especially since their late 1st round pick (#31)
I didnt think it was possible but i have even more respect for you, Pop. Using real wood is real bbqing. Do you use the briquettes or the hardwood charcoal?

How did that toscino marinade turn out? I know you mentioned it before. Im going to have to pick up a pack of that next time im at the mexican grocery...

Just watched some of the ncaa tourney, saw the last half of TN-Iowa, went into overtime, and then saw Duke beat UCF by 1 point. Duke has by far the most talent of any college team, their 4 freshman might go in the top 10 of the nba draft, but i guess the nice thing about college is that teams with lesser talent but better chemistry can still compete.

Colts are way ahead in their rebuild, the improved D helps but having Luck fully back as a top 5 QB is huge. Maybe they'll look to add shane ray too, the broncos didnt resign him and he's still a free agent.

Rams didnt have much cap room but they scraped together 12M to resign Fowler for another year. He had only 2 sacks in 8 regular season games with LA but had 1.5 sacks in their 3 playoff games. I dont think fowler has really lived up to being the #3 overall pick when the jags drafted him, but since LA gave up a 3rd round pick to trade for him last year, i guess they want to keep him around see if they can maximize his talents.

Yeah, rams are in a bit of a pickle without a 2nd and 3rd rd pick this year, that's the cost of the win-now moves they made last year, but it's definitely a good idea to trade down to get more picks. Their 1st rounder, #31 overall, will be sought after by teams with high 2nd round picks, they would rather trade back into the end of the 1st round to get their guy since they get 5 years of cost control on 1st round draft picks, and only 4 years of cost control on 2nd rd and lower picks, so if the player turns out to be a star you can pay them on the cheap one more year than if they were a lower pick.

[FONT=&quot]Yeah, Im starting to get back into working out and youre always sore those first few times, more than normal anyways. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
for the ribs im using mostly briquettes
i have both but usually use the briquettes with some soaked wood chips but will sometimes mix briquettes and wood charcoal together
the real wood charcoal burns hotter so for things like the ribs i dont use much, maybe i will toss some on for the last hour of so
you could use less lump and just spread it thinner to maintain your temps, but i was kind of feeling drunk and lazy so i kept things simple
but for things like a nice steak or burgers where you want it to cook fast i add more wood
the toscino was all right! like an asian bbq but maybe more on the sweet side
i went with the straight seasoning packete with a little low sodium soy sauce and some water and only added a few cloves of fresh garlic to the mix and it was bomb
im definitely making this again
the ride was a lot of fun but i ended up cutting it a little shorter than i planned
/with no body to pace me i rode way too fast out of the gate and after the first big climb i was pretty much wiped
i think the colts are making some interesting moves this off season
they are definitely on the "teams that improved in the off season" list
so gruden is going on record saying that derik carr is their qb , so maybe one less team in the k.murray pool
i still dont think he should be the first pick in this years draft and i cant wait to see what az has in mind for that #1 pick
hope your week is off to a great start there baba ! kick ass my man