What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2018 outdoor central CA

caliprop215

Veteran
Hey hey HEY! :tiphat:

Its that time of the year again ....

Time to start the grow show....:woohoo:

I just popped the seeds about 10 days old now. going to do 12 plants. Hoping for 3 plus each hopefully 5 pounds.

Going to be digging 100 gallon holes and filling with hippie mix. We have a 30x30 area approximately

Going to put plants in ground around 4-20 or may 1st with supplimental lighting. 400 watt mh above the grow area

These from last year....

Attachments

• 20180305_161859.jpg
    20180305_161859.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_65421.jpg
    IMG_65421.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20170830_174751 (1).jpg
    20170830_174751 (1).jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 522298272 (1).jpg
    522298272 (1).jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 20

caliprop215

Veteran
Hey workin hard over here digging 100 gallon holes...got 3 done so far

Now for soil.

Im thinking 2 yards of planter mix .35 bucks a yard

2 yards of compost from local compst company. 15 bucks a yard

1 yard of happy hippy mix. 95 per yard

And 1 yard of amendments...like more perlite .some diferent kimds of shits. And other basics.

Im looking around 300 in soil. What you guys think? Pics coming of seedling and hoes started later today...

Smoke on and have a great day everyday.

caliprop215

Veteran
Got almost 6 holes done... Pic is before other 3....

Attachments

• 20180312_154041.jpg
    20180312_154041.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180312_154048.jpg
    20180312_154048.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20180312_184412.jpg
    20180312_184412.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 20

caliprop215

Veteran
I’ll be interested to follow this thread, I definitely want to save money on my soil mix this year.

Thanks chem ...Yea save money any way possible. Im not quite sure about the soil mix either if i need to i will buy some more amendments along the way...

The babies are in 12 12 right now to show sex in a week. They have been in flower 3 days now.

Hoping for 3 plus lbs each which might be hard as i have to keep the plants under the 6 ft wood fence

Any ideas for keeping plants short besides cages and extreme topping and tieing down....

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
I was wondering about that, I see you got a neighbor within spitting distance. Man, that must be nice to have the freedom to be that open!

When do you move stuff outside in ur neck of the woods? I just wouldn’t veg them as long inside before bringing them outside, I planted rooted clones into 30 gal pots two years ago & ended up with 8’ tall plants.

theJointedOne

Veteran
You flipped all your seeds (which i noticed havnt even shed the cotyledon leaves) under 12/12 lighting inside?

Why? To sex them? Plants show preflowers around the 8th or 9th node of growth, or after about 30 days growth.

Now your going to have 2-3 weeks of stunted growth. IMHO revegged plants are inferior, especially when flowered as a seedling start im sure, they dont even have a node to show sex on do they?

Also just fyi seeds don't need supp lighting outside like clones do. You dont even need to start them inside with special lights, just pop a tray of seed outside in a simple greenhouse hoop or cold frame box ect.

Well...good luck

caliprop215

Veteran
I was wondering about that, I see you got a neighbor within spitting distance. Man, that must be nice to have the freedom to be that open!

When do you move stuff outside in ur neck of the woods? I just wouldn’t veg them as long inside before bringing them outside, I planted rooted clones into 30 gal pots two years ago & ended up with 8’ tall plants.

Yea we are a little worried aboit the neighbors as they just moved in and we do not know them. Its legal in California now very open lol

I plan on moving outside aroumd 4 20 possibly sooner if we get the holes dug and soil before then.

Im planning on a 6 ft tall 6 plus ft wide plants. We will be using cages and trellis to EXTREMELY tie and top the plants. When a ranch reaches a foot or i top it and pull it down as close to the ground as i can get wothout leaves touchi g the floor.

These plants will be nice bushes

caliprop215

Veteran
You flipped all your seeds (which i noticed havnt even shed the cotyledon leaves) under 12/12 lighting inside?

Yes sir. They got a couple more days of bud then back to 18 6. They are so young it takes them a little longer to bud bud at 14 days or so of flower or first signs of sex i mean first signs....very first hair i see i will be flipping back to veg. They might slow down a little. It im not worried about that as i have height issues already. Just didnt want to plant males into the ground and waste holes

Why? To sex them? Plants show preflowers around the 8th or 9th node of growth, or after about 30 days growth.

Last year i had plants in August show thier first sign sex. Thank god they were female i didnt want big males...

Now your going to have 2-3 weeks of stunted growth. IMHO revegged plants are inferior, especially when flowered as a seedling start im sure, they dont even have a node to show sex on do they?

I dont believe they will stunt much. As soon as first hair shows its back to veg i never let them get close to nugs so there is no reveg state of growth. They stretch when flowered then before they get nug structure back to veg.

Also just fyi seeds don't need supp lighting outside like clones do. You dont even need to start them inside with special lights, just pop a tray of seed outside in a simple greenhouse hoop or cold frame box ect.

i know this. Its just incase they want to go back into flower cuz i flowered them early... Just a precaution

Well...good luck

Thanks

kindTerps559

howdy brother sounds like its going well so far , seems you have most methods on lock regarding height management�� look into sniping tap roots back early on? the Bonsai Mother thread references it for there cuttings that will be "Full" size ultimately. also seen it referenced in tree farming in pots for future planting "in ground"

caliprop215

Veteran
howdy brother sounds like its going well so far , seems you have most methods on lock regarding height management�� look into sniping tap roots back early on? the Bonsai Mother thread references it for there cuttings that will be "Full" size ultimately. also seen it referenced in tree farming in pots for future planting "in ground"

I will look into .never heard of it. Thanks

thats how I sex my seedlings, once preflowers show I just put em in the dark for a few days, just until they show, then back to veg light schedule. Can't be too sure, not putting up with any surprise males over here!

as far as keeping them squat.. when you do your final xplant bury part of the stem as opposed to having it flush with the soil line.
ALSO
you can try putting them in more horizontal than vertical, this will encourage mad outward growth

caliprop215

Veteran
Change of plans. New laws only say we can do 6 plants legally. So we dug 8 holes and not leeting our work goto waste so we planting 8.lol

caliprop215

Veteran
Got our clones. The seeds werent doing well.

Got 3 3x crazy

3 kens granddaddy purp

3 blackjack

3 purple diesel

3 super sour Diesel

Can only plant 8 which strains guys???? Have abyone grown these outdoors?

Attachments

• 15237325613612082427520.jpg
    15237325613612082427520.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 8

caliprop215

Veteran
3/4 happy hippie mix

1/4 compost

Finally .most the hard labor is done lol:plant grow::plant grow::plant grow:

Attachments

• 20180418_171955.jpg
    20180418_171955.jpg