What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ufc 2010

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Perry was robbed and mugged by that knee as well. He won but Uruguay is like that I guess. Brazil too.

Did not even watch most of Carmouche getting beaten up. Lame. Some other good fight to save the day.
... that was a sleeper alright. Thank God it was on TV and not PPV

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Attachments

• yz77f3qxfqf31.jpg
    yz77f3qxfqf31.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Miocic weathered the storm. Hooks to the liver. Good for him. I thought he would lose again.

Diaz the people's stoner. I thought Pettis would beat him. He has good skills, basic stuff and cardio for years.

Romero won that fight but the other guy was a tough dude and it was close so.....

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Miocic's chin seemed much better this time around, maybe last year he was still suffering from all the shots he took against francis ngannou. He was getting beat up the first 3 rounds, but give him credit he kept fighting back and those left hooks to the body opened up a big right hand to the face that rocked DC and that was all she wrote. I hope DC doesn't retire, he's still an elite fighter despite his age but all those head shots he takes are concerning. Both of them looked mildly concussed by the end.

Nate diaz looked fit and trim after 3 years off, he kept training throughout his break. Good chin, good cardio, all around skills, he's still got it. Would anyone like to see a trilogy fight with conor at 155? That would an easy payday for both.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just watch fights but in my opinion Miocic needs to have someone train him to move his head, use his shoulders and arms to fend off punches. He takes too many shots. Not sure on Cormier's tactics. He waded forward and grabbed Miocic's hands with some punches thrown afterwards. It worked for a while.

I think Cormier retires now but I know he wants to go out a winner. Diaz was smoking a joint in the prefight stuff they had going on. Was a hoot. Better still a stoner wins. The Diaz bros train really hard all the time and eat vegan I guess. Not gonna out cardio them.

I looked around on the net and everyone or close to it agrees Romero won that fight. Tie would have been ok but not a win for the other dude.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Most mma fighters have fairly basic head movement compared to real boxers, imo. They seem to rely more on their quickness and blocking to avoid shots to the face.

Cormier's reaching technique seems to be a two-handed checking style:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h70TyqazBb4

It's effective to interfere with strikes but unlike boxing, the fingerless gloves in mma can mean you're poking your opponent in the eye if they lunge in.

DC can probably make a few million more with a Jones or Miocic trilogy fight, but he also does a lot of commentary for UFC so maybe he'll stick with that for income.

I hope diaz doesnt get popped and suspended for cannabis again, would be sweet to see him fight masvidal.

Latest posts

Latest posts