What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What seed company can make the best OG Kush?

JetLife175

Veteran
Any idea what goes into making Soul Assassin? Some kind of S1 variant? Seems like a lot of OG variations might be from herm bagseeds or S1

It’s a s1 100% for sure. I’ve heard the way it came to be from the source. It was one of the first beans B-Real and kenji found in a kush pound. It was started and the soul assassin was born. This was extremely early on in the scheme of things. The soul assassin popped up right around the same time as Larry.

Tynehead Tom

I am not sure what I am about to post is correct but it is the story in my mind so I will share it.
Apparently breeder steve made S1 with the original OG. A bunch of breeders were offered exclusive access to the keeper females and each allowed to bid or purchase said mothers.
One such mother was named HAOG or hell angels og. I believe Karma Genetics got that particular mother and may have named it? I dunno.
In BC we have what's called the HAOG "maple ridge cut" which was grown throughout the lowermainland and elsewhere in BC. I hold this cut and have held it for a few years now. It is to the best of my knowledge selected from seeds made with the HAOG mother cut.
In my circles it is just called BC OGK but it came from the underground grow show in maple ridge that was posing as a horse breeding stable and common knowledge in the lowermainland….. and from the news reports when it got busted..... the place was owned and operated by the hells angels.
only karma could answer where Hells Angels OG comes from but Biker Kush is HAOG Bx.

I dunno how many of you have grown Karma's collab with melting pot called Old Grandpa Scratch but there is some crazy powerful OG type plants in them beans and the F2's are fuckin golden.

JetLife175

Veteran
I am not sure what I am about to post is correct but it is the story in my mind so I will share it.
Apparently breeder steve made S1 with the original OG. A bunch of breeders were offered exclusive access to the keeper females and each allowed to bid or purchase said mothers.
One such mother was named HAOG or hell angels og. I believe Karma Genetics got that particular mother and may have named it? I dunno.
In BC we have what's called the HAOG "maple ridge cut" which was grown throughout the lowermainland and elsewhere in BC. I hold this cut and have held it for a few years now. It is to the best of my knowledge selected from seeds made with the HAOG mother cut.
In my circles it is just called BC OGK but it came from the underground grow show in maple ridge that was posing as a horse breeding stable and common knowledge in the lowermainland….. and from the news reports when it got busted..... the place was owned and operated by the hells angels.
only karma could answer where Hells Angels OG comes from but Biker Kush is HAOG Bx.

I dunno how many of you have grown Karma's collab with melting pot called Old Grandpa Scratch but there is some crazy powerful OG type plants in them beans and the F2's are fuckin golden.

That’s just not true.

Hella angel OG came out of the same room as the Larry OG in Orange County California.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Breeder Steve story is accurate - just the wrong time line. There were 40 OG s1's, assumed to be from SFV, because that is what Steve worked with.

From those seeds, Karma selected a cut that became Bear OG - and DNA selected a cut that became their OG18 line work.

This all happened long after Karma had started his work with the Hell's Angles cut of OG.

dank.Frank

Tynehead Tom

The Breeder Steve story is accurate - just the wrong time line. There were 40 OG s1's, assumed to be from SFV, because that is what Steve worked with.

From those seeds, Karma selected a cut that became Bear OG - and DNA selected a cut that became their OG18 line work.

This all happened long after Karma had started his work with the Hell's Angles cut of OG.

dank.Frank

thankyou dank frank , that clears things up for me..

mexweed

Veteran
I ended up with three phenos from the garden of green larry, one tall an absolute beast as far as eating and getting rootbound, smooth earthy lemon with some funk maybe slightly armpit, one in between in height, no lemon but has the tiger balm chem thing going on, and one that is short and squat, soggy sour lemon funk, halitosis but not raunchy like chem D it's sweeter, almost like a lemon baby wipe

all are frosting up and filling in nicely, but if I had to pick one that seems like the winner my eyes are on the short squat one

superpedro

Veteran
I've got two freebee seeds from DNA/Reserva privada named "OG Kush."
Would they be worth the space in my grow room?

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
just got couple those to pedro bout to pop soon. did just finish one of their cataract kush which is that og kush x la confidential kinda had mothball funk good high/looks. run alot of their stuff never been let down

mexweed

Veteran
they're freebies what have you got to lose, no seed is ever going to be guaranteed to be a winner until you grow it and see what it turns into

people always go online to look for reviews but a plant can be grown with different methods and a different environment and more or less end up two completely different plants, set the example of what you are looking for, grow the seed so there can be one more piece of the puzzle added for people looking for info

there is basically no info out there on garden of green, they are a newer spanish seed co and I found more things trashing that fact than I did grows of their stuff

superpedro

Veteran
just got couple those to pedro bout to pop soon. did just finish one of their cataract kush which is that og kush x la confidential kinda had mothball funk good high/looks. run alot of their stuff never been let down
Thanks. Never tried any of their seeds before.

they're freebies what have you got to lose, no seed is ever going to be guaranteed to be a winner until you grow it and see what it turns into

people always go online to look for reviews but a plant can be grown with different methods and a different environment and more or less end up two completely different plants, set the example of what you are looking for, grow the seed so there can be one more piece of the puzzle added for people looking for info

there is basically no info out there on garden of green, they are a newer spanish seed co and I found more things trashing that fact than I did grows of their stuff
I've got more good seeds than available space..
Agree enviroment makes a difference, but you can never turn bad genetics into great weed.
One thing I have learned from 30 years of growing, is once a strain name is hyped to the degree of OGK, the name tends to get printed on way too many seed bags..
Not knowing who DNA is, I ask ;)

The most fire OG I have found ,was in a pack of skywalker kush and headband from reserva /DNA . I found 1 plant of each 10 years apart, which had that rich and deep flavour that coats the pallet . Gassy chilli spicy onion ,sour lemony, crippling smoke. It's all in the search with them as grew out about 20 packs and came up with 2 stonking examples that sprung up. It's the same with cheese and all that , variation determines potency . You just have to keep testing examples and you will find a diamond in the dirt. The reserva and dna stuff is definetly worth trawling through. Their chocolope kosher is just strawberry coffee gas.

mexweed

Veteran
DNA is probably one of the more reputable sources, I remember reading good things about their sour diesel