What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2016

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
"...maybe he gets his shot after a few injuries around the league. "

this is the take im seeing all around right now
depending on injuries, he will hopefully find a place somewhere in the nfl
but like you said, considering how many teams need a quality starter at QB, i think there is more than meets the eye to this whole kaep thing
/same goes with tebow, hence the mlb reference
he may not be the quarter back who carries a team, but he is a solid player with lots of tallent

so it dident take long for the injury bug to take a bite out of the coc's
looks like their first round pick will be out for a few weeks with a herniated disk in the back
it dosent sound that serious, but for the chargers to compete this year, they need to be healthy

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
After the cop in minnesota who shot philandro castile was found not guilty, kaepernick tweeted that american police had its origins in slave patrols during america's slavery period. So that's not likely to endear him to the people who dislike him.
Having endured jay cutler for the better part of a decade, i'm more ambivalent on the kaepernick being black balled talk. If your QB seems to be more of a problem on offense than the solution in more than half the games he's started, plus comes with some baggage (for jay, his bad attitude, for colin his kneeling during the anthem), then i dont think it's unexpected that he's not going to even be signed as a backup once his starting days are over. That's just my opinion though.

Mike williams has a mild hernia, which is supposedly not uncommon among football players. Still, the chargers have to hope he doesn't wind up like the 2015 #7 overall pick, Kevin white of the bears, who's played 4 average games in 2 years because of leg injuries.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, the chargers first round draft pick, Mike Williams, may need season ending back surgery for a herniated disk. I always thought the incredible bad luck with injuries the bolts have had the last couple of years would turn around (regression to the mean), but maybe im wrong. Or the chargers are really that just cursed. Hopefully whether he needs surgery or not he gets his career back on track. Hoping the same for Kevin White, the #7 overall pick (like williams) 2 years ago by the bears, whose own career has been put on hold with two leg fractures.

Other than that, training camps open in less than a month, with season openers about a month after that. I'm excited to see what the bears accomplish at the QB position, at least until the whole shebang blows up in their faces. Anyone think the raiders can challenge the Patriots in the AFC? I like the signing of Lynch, not sure that Derek Carr should be paid more than Andrew Luck but that's how it goes at the QB position, when you have a good one you have to open the checkbook in order to keep them. Stafford and Rodgers will probably top that when they sign their next contracts. Rodgers would be worth it, Stafford maybe not so much, although his last 2 years have been two of his best years. It just makes it harder to build a complete team when you're devoting so much of your cap to one player. Which is why the Patriots have an advantage with Brady, who makes like 10M less per year than he should. That and the fact that Belichick is a genius. And a bit of a cheat too, lol. Let the flame wars begin...

shithawk420

Veteran
My dad and buddy are pretty optimistic about the Bears.I think we got a good shot at the playoffs.we got Glennon and Trubisky.Cutler's reign of shame is over

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think there's less than a 10% chance Da Bears make the playoffs. The defense is no longer an abomination, and if they continue to make strides, and the QB position isn't a disaster, and if Kevin White can develop into a #1 receiver, then yes they could make the playoffs. But that's a lot of 'ifs' that have to happen.

Honestly, the team is in full rebuild mode, so realistically they're not going to be good for another year or two at least, if it even happens.

Still, it'll good to watch football again, regardless what happens to my favorite team.

shithawk420

Veteran
Eh,well I'm honestly not too optimistic but my circle is.we do have a lot invested this year.pretty sure Clay Matthews is isn't play much cause of an injury so it's seems the only thing we have to worry about from the Packers is AaRon rogers.

It's funny cause my friend is a Bears fan and his wife is a Packers fan.Even though shes from DuPage county.he has to go to the garage and listen on the radio when the Bears play!lol

Did you hear about Bears linebacker Jarrell Freeman saving this guy from choking at the Austin Airport?lol

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
All we have to worry about is aaron rodgers? That's like an antelope saying all we have to worry about is the lion.

There are a lot of packers fans in illinois, and even across the US. I guess if i lived in wisconsin i'd want to move too. :biggrin:

Freeman gave the heimlich manuever to a guy who took too large a bite of brisket and was choking. Funny thing was the guy went back and finished his brisket. This was in texas and they do have some righteous Q down there...

shithawk420

Veteran
LMAO!yeah I guess he choked TWICE!lol I do wanna try TX BBQ but I've had GA BBQ so I doubt it's better.

And yeah,wtf is up with all these Packers fans?I know the Bears have been down on their luck but damn.Packers and Bears are the oldest rivalry in NFL history.damn man

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Is GA bbq more like carolina style? Emphasis on the pulled pork and vinegar based sauces?
I like good Q in all its forms. It's very popular for tailgates at games, although smoking meats takes a real long time unless it's something small, like wings.

Packers fans must breed like rabbits. That or theyre spreading their foul religion like a disease. I would recommend closing the IL-WIS border but that means we wouldnt have access to their excellent variety of sausages, beer and cheese.

RG Knee is working out the the Carson city chargers. I guess he heard their training staff is so good he's guaranteed to be injury free all year.

shithawk420

Veteran
That's when the Bears won the 85 superbowl.so now we got German Packers fans!?good grief!lol at RG Knee!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I remember when Herman was trying to decide which team he should root for. I should have tried harder to steer him away from the Pack. My mistake. The superbowl shuffle came out before the superbowl, which was supremely arrogant on the bears part. They backed it up though by whooping the patriots in that game. But maybe theyre paying for it now because the bears havent won a title in the 30+ years since then, while the patriots have won 5...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ZyYERS6.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
this is it boys!
whos ready for some football

a lot of positions battles going on all across the league and kaep is still unsigned!
/when flaco went down i thought he would be one of the first choices to play for the ravens

have you picked your fantasy lineups yet,baba?

shithawk420

Veteran
LMAO Stoner! Although I heard someone saying good things about the Eagles.they aren't winning any rings though!lol

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Is stoner4life a cowboys fan? Either that or a disillusioned eagles fan. The eagles have a pretty good defense (top 10 or top 5 in the league), and upgraded their receivers with alshon and torrey smith, so their star QB in the making should play better this year. Most likely not going to win any rings this year of course but who's to say a year or two down the line they won't be contenders? Will kaepernick sign with the ravens as flacco is likely to miss all of training camp and preseason with a back issue (disc)? You would think not, doesnt seem like a good fit for that offense - led the league in passing attempts last year, does anyone want to see kaepernick throw it 35 times a game? Then again, with their back up qb being ryan mallett, yeah maybe ravens fans would rather see BLM poster boy kaepernick under center than poor man's bortles Mallett...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
So preseason games have started. Texans and panthers last night, deshaun watson looks like he could start at some point this season (i wanted the bears to draft him, ah well) and mccaffrey looks like he could be productive for fantasy purposes, without even showing off much of his receiving skills.
The dolphins have signed cutler to a 1 year deal. I still dont like him much, I get that the bears didnt really put him in a position to succeed most of the time he was on the team but he's not much better than an average qb. Too many turnovers and bad games to be considered good to great at his position. But it will be interesting to see what he can do with a playoff caliber roster like the Fins, maybe he wont screw it up.

Does anyone want to start a 2017 NFL thread? Im too lazy to take the 30 seconds to make one...:)

shithawk420

Veteran
sorry Bababooey,im too lazy too and my computer sucks!LOL FUCK!! the Bears goottta play the Broncos today! were gonna watch it but we expect nothing!FUCK I LOVE FOOTBALL!

Space Toker

Veteran
Did someone comment on the Pats vs Jaguars? Have to check, but if anyone read anything out of 1 preseason game well I don't have to say the rest even though that would have been easier, you condemned yourself! We played few if any starters, certainly the other team started more current "players", and we still almost won and should have won if 1 long pass of many went our way with a 3rd string QB. The future is bright indeed! GO PATRIOTS!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts