What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2016

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Texans got Will Fuller, the burner out of Notre Dame, and Braxton Miller, the QB converted to WR, as weapons to line up alongside DeAndre Hopkins, one of the best young receivers in the league. They better hope Osweiler can get them the ball, else that truckload of money they dumped in his lap will be a waste.
If one thing the Texans are elite in, is their cheerleaders. It's like they're trying to outdo the Dallas Cowgirls, and I'd say they're just about equal. The bears, of course, are one of the few teams who dont have a cheer squad, so i takes my pleasures where i can find them...

Those are good points about the AFC south, there are 3 legit qb's in that division with Luck, Bortles and Mariota. So things could get interesting next year. All those dudes need to stay healthy though, and luck and mariota lost games to injury last year.

Im glad you liked the whitehair pick, tarzan. Most 'experts' didnt like the bears giving up a 4th round pick to move up 2 spots to get Floyd before the giants could pick him. Having one less midround pick isn't great for a team coming off a 6 win season, but if he's the real deal then he's worth all that and more.

I saw Buckner chose to stay at home instead of being in chicago for the draft. Is he part hawaiian or samoan or something? Kind of like the Rock?

I hope the Laremy Tunsil drama dies down and the kid can focus on his career. His stepdad needs to just go, hopefully his mom will realize this man is poison to their family and she can find someone else who isn't a grade a douche.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
right there with ya baba, I felt legitimately bad for tunsil...that shit cost him millions and instantly put his reputation on the line...as for his stepfather, I despise spiteful people and anyone that would put his hands on a woman....POS....plus- hitting a bong with no water is HARSH! lol

buckner's hawaiian, and decided to skip out on attending the draft because he's a family first type of dude...Oregon does a lot of recruiting on the islands...it's like the west coasts south florida.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Tunsils worst issues seem to be smoking the ganja and taking money from coaches/college officials. The first is like whatever, rather see a dude smoke weed than drink heavily, but the league are fascists about that sort of thing so you just hope he passes his drug tests. The second is like, what top college athlete doesn't get money or help from coaches or boosters or whoever?
So the ravens passing on tunsil because of that is pretty hypocritical, when they didnt release ray rice for 7 months after they knew his wife was knocked out coming out of the elevator, only when they saw the actual punch video did they say oh now we cant have him on the team. Knock your wife out, we'll still keep you on the team, smoke weed, no, no we cant have that on our team...

iTarzan

Wheez that is because Whitehair didn't play guard this year. They ask him to play LT and he excelled. In the senior bowl he didn't lose one play. He is technique and hand strength. He does have short arms for an OL but it isn't that short. One write-up said he has extremely large hands with a vise grip and once he gets hold of a DL they can not shake him off.

Clts didn't have him on their board when they traded the pick to GB. He was there for them but they traded. Then the Bears took him right before the Colts pick.

That said Garnett was a great pick too.

They are backing up the Brinks truck to Luck's house right now. It will take until about July to get all the money unloaded. Plus the Colt's went all in to protect him by drafting 4 OL hogs.

I think Buckner was a steal for San Fran. Plus this year Aaron Lynch is going to lead the league in sacks. With those 2 Oregon DL to keep double teams off him Lynch is going to go crazy with sacks. They stole Lynch too. He is better then Clowney from the same year. I wanted the Colts to get him bad too that year.

iTarzan

Ravens didn't mind when Ray Lewis went on a stabbing spree either. But don't smoke any weed if you want to be a Raven. LOL!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Yeah the Ravens have their carts and horses bass ackwards.

The Bills scored some serious talent for our defense. Very happy with the picks.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Texans got Will Fuller, the burner out of Notre Dame, and Braxton Miller, the QB converted to WR, as weapons to line up alongside DeAndre Hopkins, one of the best young receivers in the league. They better hope Osweiler can get them the ball, else that truckload of money they dumped in his lap will be a waste.
If one thing the Texans are elite in, is their cheerleaders. It's like they're trying to outdo the Dallas Cowgirls, and I'd say they're just about equal. The bears, of course, are one of the few teams who dont have a cheer squad, so i takes my pleasures where i can find them...

We do have some smoking hot cheerleaders. YEA TEAM!!!

Texans 2016 season opener at home against the Bears.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Tunsils worst issues seem to be smoking the ganja and taking money from coaches/college officials. The first is like whatever, rather see a dude smoke weed than drink heavily, but the league are fascists about that sort of thing so you just hope he passes his drug tests. The second is like, what top college athlete doesn't get money or help from coaches or boosters or whoever?
the chargers may regret the decision to pass on this kid in the up coming season. our o-line is one injury away from ruin and king dunlap has had numerous concussions.
i hope bosa can adapt to the 3-4 but i think buckner would have been a better fit

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
They are backing up the Brinks truck to Luck's house right now. It will take until about July to get all the money unloaded. Plus the Colt's went all in to protect him by drafting 4 OL hogs.

I think Buckner was a steal for San Fran. Plus this year Aaron Lynch is going to lead the league in sacks. With those 2 Oregon DL to keep double teams off him Lynch is going to go crazy with sacks. They stole Lynch too. He is better then Clowney from the same year. I wanted the Colts to get him bad too that year.

So Luck's going to get, what, 25M a year? Maybe a 60-70M signing bonus? It'll be hard to improve the defense with a significant % of the salary cap committed to Luck, but that's the downside of having an elite QB...
Lynch and DeForest Buckner will be a scary combo, but that's a bold prediction that Aaron Lynch will lead the league in sacks. Then again, with a legit pass rush threat playing with him, it could happen, although IMO the sack title is JJ Watt's to lose, every year...

Yeah the Ravens have their carts and horses bass ackwards.

The Bills scored some serious talent for our defense. Very happy with the picks.

Oddly, the Bills defense was worse this year than last, after Ryan came on board as head coach. Does Ryan need cornerbacks to play press man-coverage on the edges? He usually had good cornerbacks with the jets...
They drafted cardale jones in the 4th round, who i think is a pretty good developmental pick for them. Tyrod Taylor had a pretty good year for them last season, odd that they havent locked him up, but maybe his agent wants more than theyre willing to pay.

We do have some smoking hot cheerleaders. YEA TEAM!!!

Texans 2016 season opener at home against the Bears.

So the Bears-Texans in Week 1 will be a preview of the Superbowl? Or will they be competing for a top five draft pick?
I like McNair, the Texans owner. Read an article about him last yeare, he seems like a class act, and tries to do everything high-end. Maybe part of it is that he's competing with the Cowboys for his home state fans? In which case he's got quite a bit of ground to cover, since the cowboys have been around since the 60's, and the texans since 2002...

the chargers may regret the decision to pass on this kid in the up coming season. our o-line is one injury away from ruin and king dunlap has had numerous concussions.
i hope bosa can adapt to the 3-4 but i think buckner would have been a better fit

Buckner is bigger than Bosa, and has a higher ceiling, but time will tell before we see who becomes a better pro. Tunsil physically reminds of Tyron Smith of the Cowboys, a big strong left tackle who's not a sloppy fat guy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Buckner is bigger than Bosa, and has a higher ceiling, but time will tell before we see who becomes a better pro. Tunsil physically reminds of Tyron Smith of the Cowboys, a big strong left tackle who's not a sloppy fat guy.

buckner reminds me of jamal williams as far as his size and strength goes and would be a great fit at nose tackle in a 3-4
bosa should fit right in tho and combined with ingram and leiget will hopefully be an improvement up front

after the collapse of our O-line last year i cant believe they did so little to address that need
rivers needs protection to be effective and gordon could be a strong back if he had a little help up front

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I didnt know who jamal williams was but after looking him up i see he was a pro bowler for the chargers a decade ago.
Buckner is 6'7" though, so size wise he's more of a defensive end type than a nose tackle type. But he's a solid 300lbs and looks like he could add more weight easily.
Bosa has pretty good athleticism to go with his excellent technique. His 40 time is above average and only a little bit slower than JJ watt's 40 time. It will be interesting to see what he can do, but even Watt didn't really dominate until his 2nd year (well, he had a good playoffs his first season).

The patriots and packers had offensive lines torn apart by injuries last year, and they managed to put together winning football. rivers isnt quite in the brady/rodgers class, but he's got to be in that 2nd tier.
Maybe theyre hoping for better health and being active in free agency?

Melvin Gordon played like doo doo, although the line did rank last in run blocking last year, he should have scored at least one TD. Woodhead looked like the much better back last year, and he's an undrafted FA who's being paid less than 2M/year.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
totally agree wiht you that rivers is B-grade talent
with the right pieces around him he does well but the chargers are not that big on retaining the top talent needed to compete
gordon looks like he has the skills to become a good runner but he needs a step
hopefully our o-line will give him some breathing room to find the hole and be productive

woodhead is hard as nails and prob on of the best pieces on the offence, but i wonder if he is being asked to shoulder too much of the load (for his size)

i mostly follow the afc west and it looks like its going to be anotehr fun year
the chargers have a tough schedule for a team that just went 4-12 with a lot of div opponents in teh first half of the season( 4of our first 8)
is carr the answer for oakland and dont sleep on KC, alex smith could be one of the most underrated talents in teh league

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Nothing against Melvin Gordon but some of these college RB's get ran so hard in college they're beat up by the time they make it to the pro's> Wisconsin and Alabama are those types of schools I'd always be worried in the back of my head drafting them if they've already been over used.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Holy shit folks....
I am officially naming Reggie Mac the greatest raider of all time not named Al Davis!
I ain't saying I saw any of our picks coming...but as odd as some of them seemed ...with a little time to digest...holy shit!
I just hope mattyMac don't get in cooks head in the comp for backup...he seems to eat every QB besides Carr up! Ha
The Tunsil deal was fucked...just...fucked...but it's balanced for me by the fact the dolts pussdd out and let him slide...ya they got bosa... But we got an O-line that should be able to handle him...but now Mack ain't gotta line up against Tunsil...I take that swap any day
I'm certainly not the kinda fan who is already shouting Superbowl for the raiders...THIS YEAR...but they should absolutely be in the mix come end of reg season
...even w out the draft...just free agency improved the team by three games...we had no secondary...at all...and lost some close ones...
Ah shit...I gotta go...but I'm gonna talk soooooo much shit this year...fair warning!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
subrob, no to mention the bruce Irvin signing you guys just added even more pass rush which we all know is important if you wanna be taken seriously in this league. Raiders have really turning this thing around and I couldn't be happier for them and their fans until they decide to pick up and move to Vegas. I heard they're even gonna change the mascot from the Oakland Raiders to the Vegas Haircuts and their new mascot will be this....

Mark-Davis.jpg

I say all this in good spirits I believe the raiders are doing really great things for their franchise I just wish Mark Davis would spend a little extra on his Llyod Christman hair did.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ha!
He is a strange bird
I don't like the idea of moving out of Cali..but Vegas I could deal with...fitting

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Agree 100% if they're gonna move outta Oakland Vegas is the perfect spot for that franchise. "The Vegas Raiders" you can bet your ass I'll be buying and wearing that hat.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I hope it's an open competition between cook and carr...cook has it, just like carr does. both can be legit starters.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So do I...maybe there's a team w no Qb and depth at middle linebacker that will be willing to trade...not 100% sold on heeney as a starter..his tendency to over run followed him to his rookie season...but I'm patient...no doubt we still need someone in the middle...can't wait to see if ball can work the middle...he was off to a great start last year...

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Reading back over my posts:
A-we had SOME secondary last year...cwood was incredible and amerson kicked some serious ass...but you gotta have all the pieces or you have "no secondary"
B-it ain't gonna be an open competition w Carr and Cook...no way no how...DC is the unchallenged top dog on the team...and he earned it by working...cook would have to show Hall of fame skills in training camp to get significant first team snaps
C-this is the time of year I hate! Can't wait for September...shit..August even...at least then we got something to obsess over..ha

Latest posts

Latest posts