What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2016

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Can't wait for the draft, not sure who we should take with the 4th pick I feel like if wentz drops to us we would have to take him? Romo is 36 with injuries how much does he really have left in the tank? I'd say about two good seasons top.

You looking for anyone in particular deez? I'm sure you talked about it in the other thread a bunch but I feel like chip Kelly is good for you guys I still feel as though he is gonna be a successful nfl coach. He was basically a couple missed field goals or d Murray fumble away from being In the playoffs again and still an eagle. On top of that he has done it with 2 awful qbs kaepernick could be great again under Kelly. Look at nick foles now you think any other coach in the league can get 27-2 td/I int out of him.

PaullyHighBred

Welp yesterday sure was a bad day for Roger's NFL...

anyone read the NYT article???

Apparently the NFL has been cooking the books on their concussion "research," they left out over 100 concussions more than 1/3 of the total from their "study"....
specifically according to their "study" guys like Troy Aikman and Steve Young never once had a concussion... let alone their careers ended by them... That and the nfl literally stole their defense and playbook (along w/ all the lawyers, lobbyists, Exponent Labs and Ted Wells) from Big Tobacco...

And records show they have been trying to bribe (sorry, contribute to their campaign coffers) 41 of 54 congressmen assigned to review CTE...

Then there's the case of blackmailing the Rams into drafting Michael Sam (remember him?) or being forced to do Hard Knocks...

Oh and there are even more calls for censor of their $20 million dollar deflategate attorney for repeatedly lying in front of the appeal judges...

Does anyone still think the NFL isn't the mafia??? (Just a not a very bright mafia)

On football related news: RGIII signed with you guessed it, the Cleveland Browns... which is just too damn easy to mock... I wish them both the best... but...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Jerry jones says theres no link between football and cte, that's good enough for me...

Now that Griffin signed with the browns, it's manziel all the way for the cowboys. Cause drama and the Cowboys go together like peas and carrots.

It's interesting that the browns may still draft Carson Wentz with the #2 overall pick even though they signed griffin. I would think that would lead to another uncomfortable situation a la griffin and cousins in D.C., but supposedly griffin is more 'matoor' this time...

Mel kiper jr has jared goff rated higher than wentz. So maybe goff would be a good conciliation prize at #4 for the boys if wentz goes to the browns at #2...

PaullyHighBred

Oh I forgot this one to:

"Congress have asked the NFL for documents and information about why it tried to intervene in the selection of a Boston University researcher to lead a major study on football and brain disease for the National Institutes of Health"

So whose more corrupt at this point; FIFA or the NFL league office???

And if the NFL wasn't a huge cash cow for the economy, is there any chance they wouldn't be brought up on RICO charges?

iTarzan

I am sick of all the off field issues being dwelled on by the media and of the media period.

All the cameras stuck up people's asses and faces all year long, every single day makes it less enjoyable to me. The talking head pundits in all areas of life, sports, news. politics, tv and Hollywood have completely worn out their welcome and need to STFU and go away.

I think the 25 yard line touchback will make for more kickoff returns and not less. Teams will try to kick deep but not in the end zone and try to defend the kick return now. Just the opposite of what the NFL wants... less kickoff returns.

iTarzan

Pauly Brady is not being suspended for deflating footballs. You know that...right?

He was suspended for being suspicious, uncooperative and damaging the integrity of the league with his actions. The ideal gas law has no bearing on this case. It was about the commisioner being able to suspend him because he "thought" Brady was being tricky to the point where it was damaging the league. It was and Roger had the power. He did.

I think deep down you know something tricky went down. The guy called the deflator, the bathroom trip, the gifts to the deflator, Brady destroying his phone because he always did but didn't the one before. To just keep saying Brady and the Pats didn't do anything is just fanning the flames.

I find it interesting that now the Pats, their fans and Skip Clueless are all saying the appeals court ruled on stuff they weren't supposed to. Yet that is exactly what the first judge Berman did. He was to rule sole on the issue of did Roger have the power to do what he did. He did. Instead he ruled on the evidence. The evidence is not the issue. Brady's subterfuge behavior gave Roger the power in the collective bargaining agreement. That was what he was to rule on.

I would think the Patriots would need to worry about the RICO act too.

I wish it would all just disappear now though. I really do. I just don't care.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Welp yesterday sure was a bad day for Roger's NFL...

anyone read the NYT article???

Apparently the NFL has been cooking the books on their concussion "research," they left out over 100 concussions more than 1/3 of the total from their "study"....
specifically according to their "study" guys like Troy Aikman and Steve Young never once had a concussion... let alone their careers ended by them... That and the nfl literally stole their defense and playbook (along w/ all the lawyers, lobbyists, Exponent Labs and Ted Wells) from Big Tobacco...

And records show they have been trying to bribe (sorry, contribute to their campaign coffers) 41 of 54 congressmen assigned to review CTE...

Then there's the case of blackmailing the Rams into drafting Michael Sam (remember him?) or being forced to do Hard Knocks...

Oh and there are even more calls for censor of their $20 million dollar deflategate attorney for repeatedly lying in front of the appeal judges...

Does anyone still think the NFL isn't the mafia??? (Just a not a very bright mafia)

On football related news: RGIII signed with you guessed it, the Cleveland Browns... which is just too damn easy to mock... I wish them both the best... but...

the nfl's response was also cleverly worded "at no point were the nfl or it's representatives involved in "joint" lobbying efforts, but they didn't say that they did not use tobacco lobbyists and their strategies in a non-joint lobbying effort.

don't hate the players, hate the game??? lol

PaullyHighBred

I wish it would all just disappear now though. I really do. I just don't care.

Oh this, we agree.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pauly Brady is not being suspended for deflating footballs. You know that...right?[/FONT].

Tarz, you are entitled to your own opinions, but you cant make up the facts to suit your opinion... you know that...right?

Tom Brady was initially suspended 4 games b/c

"more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from
game balls."

Except no air was removed and this has been proven countless times, I can point to 10 studies demonstrating that, there is ONLY 1 study that contends air was removed Exponent Labs paid for by the NFL...

The NFL realized they had no case there, so Roger moved the goal post to "Tom Brady destroyed his cell phone and didn't cooperate"

As Judge Berman noted in his ruling: "
This issue is a complete red herring because the NFL already had all of the relevant text communications by Brady from other Patriots personnel-a fact established by Brady’s telephone records, which were produced at the hearing, and which showed the time and date of every text and phone call to or from Brady and Patriots personnel (or anyone else)."

And Ted Wells himself states:
"Mr. Brady answered every question I put to him," Wells said. "He was totally cooperative. At the time, he refused to permit us to review electronic data from his telephone or other instruments. I told Mr. Brady and his agents I was willing not to take possession of the phone. I don't want to see a private phone."
Do you still think the phone or its "destruction" matters?????

Tarz I get it, your a die hard Colts fan, but you've been played for a fool on this...

And if that's still not enough... I'll leave you with this little exchange from the court proceedings;
Judge Berman: What direct evidence do you have that Tom Brady was involved in a conspiracy to deflate footballs?
NFL Attorney Jeff Nash: We have none your honor.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Baba, you would think the Browns wouldnt draft a qb with that second pick after they sign rg3. Even more puzzling to me is why rg3 would even want to try and rebuild his career with an unstable organization? Probably the only team willing to sign him I would've have thought he try going to Denver or LA. Also I wouldn't want goff seems like a California boy to me plays well at home in good weather but numbers on the road suffer and not so great In inclement weather. Rather see us take a chance on dak Prescott later if wentz isn't available at 4. Who the hell knows tho most these top 10 are a crap shoot.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
cook looked like the best at the combine imho, but wentz is getting a lot of buzz since his pro day....even after he threw a wet duck 5 yds short of his receiver lol

I'm not on the goff train.

hue jackson and the fact that there were probably zero other offers tabled is why rg3 landed in cleveland...I wonder what josh gordons status is??? maybe they take ezekiel elliot and bring back gordon, and all of the sudden the browns have some playmakers????

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Was wondering that myself, rg3 reunites with the guy he threw bombs to at Baylor in josh Gordon, both have tremendous talent and potential but are too risky for my liking . Also I don't get why people and the media think hue Jackson is gonna be this great coach and turn Cleveland around its wasn't long ago he was fired from a similar situation in Oakland. A dysfunctional franchise who can't draft, sign, or show any consistency.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think josh gordon can apply for reinstatement this year. Maybe he has to show he's off the devil's lettuce; went to rehab, did some 'just say no' ads, pass 500 piss tests. Meanwhile the nfl makes billions promoting bud light as a fun safe way to have a good time. Because alcohol is not a drug, mmkay.

Hue jackson did some good work with andy dalton in cincinnati. Not so much two years ago, when i drafted andy dalton as my 2nd qb in a 2 QB league. Two years ago, he was stinky. But last year (this past year) he was actually leading the league in fantasy points early on, him and Brady. I think. If he hadnt hurt his hand, who knows, the bengals might have actually won a playoff game. It was looking like his year.

The Browns will totally draft Wentz so he and rg3 can ignore each other during qb meetings. maybe they can speak through hue jackson: "Hue, tell Carson to rewind it a little bit...there."

Jared goff has tiny baby hands and so he will be unable to control the ball in slippery conditions. Or so they say...

After Wentz and Goff, the other qbs look like 2nd-6th rounders. So good developmental picks for teams looking for qb insurance (bears, boys)

I think the NFL should go to padded (on the outside) helmets so players will be less willing to use their helmet as a weapon, and it'll maybe protect better during collisions. In 10-20 years, youll see it.

PaullyHighBred

I think josh gordon can apply for reinstatement this year.

Last I heard, Gordon applied for reinstatement 2 months ago but Goodell still refuses to meet with him or discuss his reinstatement... Something about waiting for a final report to be written? I havent heard anything about Gordon getting in trouble since he was banned but who knows...

iTarzan

I didn't make up facts.

more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from
game balls."

I said that. When I said...

He was suspended for being suspicious, uncooperative and damaging the integrity of the league with his actions. The ideal gas law has no bearing on this case. It was about the commisioner being able to suspend him because he "thought" Brady was being tricky to the point where it was damaging the league. It was and Roger had the power. He did.

This is what I don't understand. You and other Patriot fans just want to keep circle jerking the topic and go from ideal gas law to cell phone to whatever. It is like trying to nail jello to a wall.

You and other fans keep avoiding this. Here it is again.

I think deep down you know something tricky went down. The guy called the deflator, the bathroom trip, the gifts to the deflator, Brady destroying his phone because he always did but didn't the one before. To just keep saying Brady and the Pats didn't do anything is just fanning the flames.

The answer is you know the air pressure was manipulated with. You know all that sounds suspicious. If you say you don't think that is suspicious everybody including the new judges (and they said so) thinks that is just plain crazy.

If you agree then you are admitting the Patriots cheated. Maybe Brady didn't let the air out himself but he was involved.

So you avoid because you are between a rock and a hard place.

The situation sucks for Patriots fans. It does. The team however brought it on themselves.

As for the Colts. All they did was show up to play the AFC Championship game, intercepted a pass and said "hey this ball feels too soft".

After the first judge sided for the Pats their fans claimed victory. Then they started blaming the Colts for causing the mess.

Well now Colts fans and some NFL fans can claim victory. And Patriot fans should blame Brady, the bathroom trips, the cell phone, the deflator, Bill and Kraft for causing this mess by not admitting it in the first place and stop playing everybody for idiots.

Brady is going to get suspended and hopefully this all goes away and New England takes their medicine and stops squawking about it. They know. You know. We all know. Something tricky went down.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fuck tom Brady!
Woodson knocked that ball out and Biekert recovered it..we go all the way that year
And now I have a new reason to say fuck tom Brady...and that is the way the NFL handled this deflategate horse shit almost....ALMOST...made me root for that fumbling muthrfukr....and that pisses me off even more..

Latest posts

Latest posts