What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

NIKT

;(

4xosram_19W.jpg

osram_gowno_19_w.jpg

folia_na_kanapki_023.jpg

folia_na_kanapki.jpg

20_30_co_osram_19_W.jpg

pila_8_W.jpg

philips_8W_wr.jpg

helios_01_01_test.jpg

Anslut_9_5_w.jpg

philips_poprawka_13_w_usrednione.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Some of those figures wrong. As an example, 4 Osram lamps were used over a meter. The middle 15x15cm was measured with an uncalibrated lux meter. The other 24 boxes were guessed. Then the average used to calculate the ppfd.

Interpolation is filling in the gaps between known values. It can't be done with just one value. There is no gap to fill.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
If you are right then it doesn't sound right.
I don't get it, that guy has a meter. Then he spends a lot of time to edit those nice pics. Why not move the meter after each measurement and post all real measurements, taking shortcuts at the editing phase, not measuring phase. I mean those real measurement values written in a makeshift table would be much better than bogus values presented in a nice style.

PCBuds

20210507_171914.jpg
OMG...

I just put lots of cheap light in there and fire it up...

I don't care what my lux meter says.
I like purple stems..

20210507_170109.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
That's my meter PCBuds. Give it back :)

3:1 math ratio. 20K is 600ppfd. Or 25K is 750ppfd. It's just x3 and fudge it. I like that.

I wrote it on a sticker for the back panel. I have too much to remember. Like.. where did I put the sticker

NIKT

Some of those figures wrong. As an example, 4 Osram lamps were used over a meter. The middle 15x15cm was measured with an uncalibrated lux meter. The other 24 boxes were guessed. Then the average used to calculate the ppfd.

1 lamp -> mirror : data : Its almostt the same.
It's cheaper than 4 lamps _ there are similar : not the same : every lamp i slightly different but u now.. The difference betwen lamp => is less than 3% ??

lol_023.jpg

Interpolation is filling in the gaps between known values. It can't be done with just one value. There is no gap to fill.

;) There is no gap : u ar right => interpolation : ok : deferent meaning : My English is.. like shit. ;)

This is interpolated : from data :

Graph1.png

It just fun ;)

pls-2014-is-measuring-led-illuminance-with-a-lux-meter-accurate-43-638.jpg

czulosc_luksomierz.jpg

calibration ?

you can check
in this way : for example.....

IMG_482d4d83d248d8482.jpg

lamp on box 2452 lx

Measurment after : mod : ~2600 : minus _ ~ % on "plastik" : ~2200 lx :

20_30_co_osram_19_W.jpg

30 cm and 20 cm ->

to_zero.jpg

~2,1 umol/J

to_zero.jpg

correlation:

https://forum.haszysz.com/threads/pomiary-żarówkoledów-i-nie-tylko.126211/page-15

porownanie-w-2-odleglosciach.jpg

next:

KDE

KDE_china_noname.jpg

on box : 960

chinki-noname-02.jpg

80% of checked lamp are very close to declaration on box.

It is => good enough : +-4% : ?? maybe ?? ;)

the difference between a white plate and aluminum foil: it is rather;) of real nature
believe it or not believe. who cares about it - it's just fun;) with tes1335.

NIKT

That's my meter PCBuds. Give it back :)

3:1 math ratio. 20K is 600ppfd. Or 25K is 750ppfd. It's just x3 and fudge it. I like that.

I wrote it on a sticker for the back panel. I have too much to remember. Like.. where did I put the sticker

?? Sorry _ this is to hard to understand : with different words please :

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/289280v1.full.pdf

000000.jpg

123456789.jpg

Source data:

https://lamptest.ru/review/02330-diall-7219682701/

02330-diall-7219682701.jpg

Мощность, Вт14.513.693.8
Световой поток, лм1521147196.7

=> test :

diall_14_5_w_poprawki_ostatnie.jpg

13,6 => 14,1
1471 -1472 => mod : 1692 :

diffuser :

left diall 14,5 right philips 8 W ;

rozpraszacze_Philips_Diall.jpg

pila 8w [ pila=philips]

pila_8_W.jpg

philips 8 W

philips_8W_wr.jpg

it's just fun. How reliable is it;) ?? I don't know :lol:

20K _ CCT ?? CRI ??

3000K : 70 CRI => 282 : 80 CRI => 290 : 90 CRI => 314 ...
5000K : 70 CRI => 270 : ..........

NIKT

You can have it..
I don't care what my lux lumens crap is...
It's just a bunch of stupid numbers.
I've got 44 led strips happening.
I just run them at test current.

Thanks.

;) Topic name => Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons. ??? on topic

??
bridelux ?? generation ?? II - III

tool =>

paski_wysoko_kontra-diall_mod.jpg

paski-wysoko.jpg

raport-paski.jpg

==> It's just a bunch of stupid numbers. :: ok.

who-cares-men_shalf-sleeve-white-t-shirt_1024x1024.jpg

;)

greetings

ps: _ very nice vertical something there _ light up successively as it grows + sliding lighting from the top ??

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
?? Sorry _ this is to hard to understand : with different words please :

His light meter will read 20,000lux at 600ppfd
The 881 light meter will read 25,000lux at 600ppfd
The 'Dr Meter' will read 31,000lux at 500ppfd

That puts the Dr Meter reading nearly double what his meter reads.

Many people have tried to publish conversion charts from Lux to PPFD but it's not possible. Only when you put these meters together do you get to see how different they really are. I can explain why, but it's not helpful.

PCBuds I feel your pain. The whole thing seems to revolve around illuminating a 2D surface. Not what a plant can take. It's what leaf surfaces can take. You collectively light your plant to a good level, but at no single point can a meter see this. I have loaded up my canopy to the edge of causing problems, then put on my lower canopy lighting and the plants were not pushed over the edge by that 25% more illumination. Illumination I couldn't add above.

Edit: I know my lights are about 2.6umol/j so I often look at the power meter to judge their output, knowing about 75% of that will equate to canopy illumination. There is more exact math you can do, just it's only a couple of percent different. This 25% loss has been seen in fairly broad studies. Checked against my meters to.

PCBuds

==> It's just a bunch of stupid numbers. :: ok.

who-cares-men_shalf-sleeve-white-t-shirt_1024x1024.jpg

;)

greetings

ps: _ very nice vertical something there _ light up successively as it grows + sliding lighting from the top ??

I love daffy duck !!
He's my favorite cartoon character!

I've found that I just give my plants as much light as I can afford.
Whether it's strips or SILs.

I watch the plant, and she tells me if she's happy.

NIKT

His light meter will read 20,000lux at 600ppfd
The 881 light meter will read 25,000lux at 600ppfd
The 'Dr Meter' will read 31,000lux at 500ppfd

That puts the Dr Meter reading nearly double what his meter reads.

Now i understand. Please very simple lenguage ;]

Many people have tried to publish conversion charts from Lux to PPFD but it's not possible. Only when you put these meters together do you get to see how different they really are. I can explain why, but it's not helpful.

I understand what you were talking about. Tes1335 is quite predictable in this respect. It has been checked. similar to =>

pls-2014-is-measuring-led-illuminance-with-a-lux-meter-accurate-43-1024.jpg

pls-2014-is-measuring-led-illuminance-with-a-lux-meter-accurate-24-1024.jpg

the error under each spectrum is slightly different but there is no need to calibrate for each spectrum.
The measurements come close to the declared and theoretical predictions.

if you take the box data and multiply it by 1.1 or 1.12 -> the results are very close to what comes out in the source efficiency measurements. The flux is lower - because the power of the source decreases with the temperature . Most of the lamps on the market are relatively close to the declaration, they, unlike the manufacturers of plant lamps, cannot lie that much;).
The results for 2 lamps tested on the site lamptet.ru were used as a reference . Very similar, except for the power, the meter I have makes a big error with low values ​​of about 0.5 W + -.
The error is definitely bigger than in the case of the scectroradiometer;) _ but what works out too well with the data that is. I thought it would be + -20%: And maybe + -5%;]. Just fun: nothing more than a hobby.

Edit: I know my lights are about 2.6umol/j so I often look at the power meter to judge their output, knowing about 75% of that will equate to canopy illumination. There is more exact math you can do, just it's only a couple of percent different. This 25% loss has been seen in fairly broad studies. Checked against my meters to.

LM301H ? LM301B ?

PCBuds

?? [/B]bridelux ?? generation ?? II - III

Yes Bridgelux Gen 2 strips.
Really cheap. $3.50 each.

I switched from SILs to strips for space reasons, I have a small 21"X21"X48" tall closet.

3/4's of my lights are on the walls.
My light meter is kind of useless in trying to get readings.

I have more light coming in from the sides than from above.

If all my lights were from above, the readings would be completely different.

The plants seem to handle the light better when it's coming from all around.

I have all the lights on all the time, but I have them turned down for a seedling.

The strips are 1,200 lumens each, which gives me 53,000 lumens in my closet.

That's way too much according to the math and science but it's working for me.

NIKT

Yes Bridgelux Gen 2 strips.
Really cheap. $3.50 each.

2.6 umol / J with the 2nd generation? About 2.5 of the III is possible if you let it go below specification and keep cool. With a power efficiency of 0.93.
At what current? below 350 mA?

Gen III at 250 mA => ~2,6 umol/J
Based on dependence on the manufacturer's documentation. Very optimistic. I don't know how real it is. Manufacturer's documentation _ form of advertising.
paski-ponizej-specyfikacji.jpg

Gen II ?? ~ >200 mA ??

ps: This is a classic vertical cultivation. This was done 20 years ago on T8 fluorescent lamps. Nothing new.

PCBuds

2.6 umol / J with the 2nd generation? About 2.5 of the III is possible if you let it go below specification and keep cool. With a power efficiency of 0.93.
At what current? below 350 mA?

Gen III at 250 mA => ~2,6 umol/J
Based on dependence on the manufacturer's documentation. Very optimistic. I don't know how real it is. Manufacturer's documentation _ form of advertising.
paski-ponizej-specyfikacji.jpg

Gen II ?? ~ >200 mA ??

The Gen 3 strips are three times the price.
I figure that I get more bang for my buck with the older strips.

I run my strips at 350 mA.
I turn them down when the plant is young.

Running at the test current (350 mA) the strips don't get too hot, so I don't need heat sinks or fans.

They run a lot cooler than all the SILs that I've had.

I had crappy Walmart 10 Watt 800 lumen SILs.

ps: This is a classic vertical cultivation. This was done 20 years ago on T8 fluorescent lamps. Nothing new.

I actually started with a 4' 4 bulb T8 fixture in my closet.

The only way I could stuff it into my closet was to jam it in vertically against the back wall, so I started off growing vertically by accident.

It really seemed to work well, especially in my tall skinny closet.

I can let my plants grow naturally without all that training to create a flat canopy.

I don't like a flat canopy.
It's 2 dimensional and unnatural and too much bother to create.

PCBuds

I would have stayed with SILS.
They are cheaper and easier, but they took up too much space in my closet.

20210508_062440.jpg

NIKT

I run my strips at 350 mA.

2,2~2,3 umol/J ??

I had crappy Walmart 10 Watt 800 lumen SILs.

Low end lights. ~ 1,4 umol/. ??

I don't like a flat canopy.
It's 2 dimensional and unnatural and too much bother to create.

SOG. ;) 16_20 years ago ?? Old overgrow _ cheep T8 shop lights. flat canopy. Made in USA. [ micro :lol:]

SwietlowkiT8.jpg

In my country V_tac 15 W _ 20 PLN ~ 5,35 $ : ?? => 2,3 umol/J after mod. like this : =>

https://forum.haszysz.com/forums/lampy.5/

=> https://forum.haszysz.com/threads/l...pecie-v-tac-na-uluminiowych-profilach.126568/

6400 K :

P5200072.jpg

P5290083.jpg

PCBuds

2,2~2,3 umol/J ??

I don't really know.
Here's the data sheet on them.

My strips are half 5000k and half 3500k, 280 mm long. (L0280Z)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210508_074257.jpg Views:	12 Size:	205.6 KB ID:	17852402

I only grow one plant at a time so my electricity bill doesn't add up to too much.
My closet runs at about 400 Watts.

For you, with a large grow, the numbers start to add up to a lot more, where investing in better SILs makes things more cost effective.

I don't quite get 1 gram per Watt with my grow, but I do get 400+ grams off my single plant.

PCBuds

My LED strips are just LED chips with a separate power supply so my lumens/Watt rating isn't a fair comparison to a SIL bulb.

SILS have a built in driver which does use some power so the lumens/Watt rating is lower.

Latest posts

Latest posts