What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Violeta

JonnyWeedSeed

Got a nice vigorous young lady here ...... just a few weeks into flowering. She's got a grape/blueberry/sweet spice thing going with a bit of fuel so far ....... very interesting.

Attachments

• V1.jpg
    V1.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 180
Got a nice vigorous young lady here ...... just a few weeks into flowering. She's got a grape/blueberry/sweet spice thing going with a bit of fuel so far ....... very interesting.
Happy Holidays !!
Look beautiful . Smell sounds so nice . How is the effect ?
@dubi I just ordered some more beans . Another pack of PCK and some Violeta fems 💪 .The Violeta are mostly for my outdoor grows but I hope to flower and clone some before then . Will they differ from the M x PCK fems ? Just more uniform ? Cant wait to make some room to start these beans .

JonnyWeedSeed

Happy Holidays !!
Look beautiful . Smell sounds so nice . How is the effect ?
@dubi I just ordered some more beans . Another pack of PCK and some Violeta fems 💪 .The Violeta are mostly for my outdoor grows but I hope to flower and clone some before then . Will they differ from the M x PCK fems ? Just more uniform ? Cant wait to make some room to start these beans .

Hey East Coast Cookies, she is not quite ready to pluck just yet but I will post a smoke report once I've given her a proper dry and cure. Peace.

Attachments

• Violetta 1.jpg
    Violetta 1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 152

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update, you are indeed not far from harvest.
I appreciate some symptoms of incorrect ph. Do you measure the ph in your waterings and feedings ?

JonnyWeedSeed

Jeeeesh .... you are absolutely right ....... bad probe ..... I put that probe in 9.5PH alkaline water and it read 7.0 ! I haven't had good luck with PH measurement .... this is my 3rd time with a faulty instrument. Any suggestions for a reliable PH measuring tool?

sgka

Veteran
Jeeeesh .... you are absolutely right ....... bad probe ..... I put that probe in 9.5PH alkaline water and it read 7.0 ! I haven't had good luck with PH measurement .... this is my 3rd time with a faulty instrument. Any suggestions for a reliable PH measuring tool?
I have this:

Hanna combo EC and PH. Get the calibration fluids. Works great. Had it for 15+years. Expensive, but worth it

FletchF.Fletch

420club

The Apera ph60 has lasted and lasted for me. They sell replacement probes for it, but haven't needed one yet. Originally I had the more expensive Apera with tds/ec measuring capabilities, but when I ordered a new probe it didn't calibrate so I got a new meter- the ph60. Been a workhorse ever since.

I have 2 Hanna meters that I scored on Sale, but haven't needed to open either.

Sensistar42

About a month of cure into my same Violeta clone but in cooler winter temps. It’s giving off mint bubblegum smells vs the. Citrus/balsamic vinaigrette compared to the last run.

Iseemag

IMG_0817.jpeg
About a month of cure into my same Violeta clone but in cooler winter temps. It’s giving off mint bubblegum smells vs the. Citrus/balsamic vinaigrette compared to the last run.
I’m getting the bubble gum smell too. I grew two and one (seen in picture) was purple all the way through with little hairs and fat Calyx’s. The other one, green all the way through with a lot more hairs and pink stigmas. We gave this one the name “Mango Magic” because it gave off a lovely smell of an unripe mango!

Sensistar42

I’m getting the bubble gum smell too. I grew two and one (seen in picture) was purple all the way through with little hairs and fat Calyx’s. The other one, green all the way through with a lot more hairs and pink stigmas. We gave this one the name “Mango Magic” because it gave off a lovely smell of an unripe mango!
Ooo sounds interesting! I need to pop the few that I have left but I’m always thinking about the next landrace seeds I need to try before they get old. 🤣🤣
Violeta so far has been the only thing to actually get me up and going with adhd/autism. I want to get more punch to it though because I always keep coming back for more within the hour.

I think I need to try th pck by itself to see if that’s the side of the cross doing it for me or the purple Malawi.

I have Violeta x honduras going right now that I made and they are the most vigorous giant plants compared to everything else in the tent. Not even the honduras by itself was like it. The tops look like the Ethiopian in the the tread on here in terms of foxtails.

Iseemag

Ooo sounds interesting! I need to pop the few that I have left but I’m always thinking about the next landrace seeds I need to try before they get old. 🤣🤣
Violeta so far has been the only thing to actually get me up and going with adhd/autism. I want to get more punch to it though because I always keep coming back for more within the hour.

I think I need to try th pck by itself to see if that’s the side of the cross doing it for me or the purple Malawi.

I have Violeta x honduras going right now that I made and they are the most vigorous giant plants compared to everything else in the tent. Not even the honduras by itself was like it. The tops look like the Ethiopian in the the tread on here in terms of foxtails.
That's an interesting cross, id like to see it. How are you dealing with the height from the Honduras side? Or are you letting her ride outside.

The purple Violeta i grew had a energetic high with side effects of heart palpitations. The green Violeta (mango magic) didn't have the bag appeal of the Purple but everyone was racing for the jar and and it was gone it no time. I wonder if she was leaning towards the purple malawi side but showing the green recessive genetics?

I have a few seeds of Violeta which i would LOVE to grow again in the future but in the meantime im looking for some new ACE strains. Something similar in height to Violeta. Any recommendations? Also did you realize how easy it is to clone VIoleta?!

Sensistar42

That's an interesting cross, id like to see it. How are you dealing with the height from the Honduras side? Or are you letting her ride outside.

The purple Violeta i grew had a energetic high with side effects of heart palpitations. The green Violeta (mango magic) didn't have the bag appeal of the Purple but everyone was racing for the jar and and it was gone it no time. I wonder if she was leaning towards the purple malawi side but showing the green recessive genetics?

I have a few seeds of Violeta which i would LOVE to grow again in the future but in the meantime im looking for some new ACE strains. Something similar in height to Violeta. Any recommendations? Also did you realize how easy it is to clone VIoleta?!
Very interesting I haven’t had a green pheno yet as I’ve only done 1 to test. But the way you describe the puller seems right. But to me the energy matches if you had a lot of coffee with the heart palpitation feeling.

And honestly the honduras it self had great vigor but I could keep it at bay by pinching it every other day. This cross I’m doing the same thing to and just keeps growing like it doesn’t care. 🤣🤣 right now in a 2x2 tent I’m running mostly single colas or a few more if I’m not doing as many. It seems to work out better with less larf and more well matured buds.

I will bump up to a 200w hlg led for the sativas soon to give them more light and dim it when I get the regular hype strains or indicas I’m looking at.