What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

wutwut

Veteran
420giveaway
golden tiger

Attachments

• gt.jpg
    gt.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 83
  • gta.jpg
    gta.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 81

Shua1991

I recently harvested my Golden Tiger and was surprised to find that all of the buds contained immature seeds. Is there anything I could’ve done differently to prevent this @dubi? CL🍀. :unsure: View attachment 18887462 View attachment 18887463 View attachment 18887464 View attachment 18887465 View attachment 18887466 View attachment 18887467 View attachment 18887468 View attachment 18887469 View attachment 18887470 View attachment 18887471
You had pollen contamination, I'd just get a seed removing grinder, remove as much as you can and then "ferment" the rest in a brick form.

goingrey

You had pollen contamination, I'd just get a seed removing grinder, remove as much as you can and then "ferment" the rest in a brick form.
Must have been relatively late as they are immature, a week or two. If that helps find the cause...

Seed removing grinder? What's that? Do the seeds come out unscathed?

And why remove seeds (and grind?) before storage?

Shua1991

Must have been relatively late as they are immature, a week or two. If that helps find the cause...

Seed removing grinder? What's that? Do the seeds come out unscathed?

And why remove seeds (and grind?) before storage?
I grind up seeded flowers using a herb grinder that has holes for the seeds to escape through, or do it by hand first then grind them after seeds are removed.
Fermenting cannabis is a process where you rely on microbial life to break down the cannabis and age it for smoking or eating, the ground up stuff breaks down and "ferments" much faster, and more evenly, it's like making hash brick but with flowers instead of resins, It does require the flowers bring semi-damp, so dried flowers are a no-go.

goingrey

I grind up seeded flowers using a herb grinder that has holes for the seeds to escape through, or do it by hand first then grind them after seeds are removed.
Fermenting cannabis is a process where you rely on microbial life to break down the cannabis and age it for smoking or eating, the ground up stuff breaks down and "ferments" much faster, and more evenly, it's like making hash brick but with flowers instead of resins, It does require the flowers bring semi-damp, so dried flowers are a no-go.
Hmm ok I used to have one of those hole grinders but it would grind seeds just nice to get the ground weed on a little "tray".

Do you grind up your bud for storage also when it's not seeded?

Shua1991

Hmm ok I used to have one of those hole grinders but it would grind seeds just nice to get the ground weed on a little "tray".

Do you grind up your bud for storage also when it's not seeded?
No way, only when making fermented flower brick. Seeded stuff tends to be harsher quality wise so the fermented product is much smoother and longer lasting effect wise. I always ferment the plants I make seeds with after seeding then, come out great each time.

gwhunran

Hello all. I was encouraged to visit the site and ask for suggestions about my Golden Tiger version two, hydro, flood and drain grow.

I use GH three part liquid nutes and have been advised to cut back on the nitrogen with this strain.

Since most of the nitrogen is in the Micro part. I gave them normal amounts of Grow and Bloom and restricted the Micro. I also use CalMag+ and have only been using one third the regular amount.

I have three plants from seed. Two seem to be one phenotype, tall with wide node spacing. The other pheno seems to be more compact with tighter node spacing.

The more compact one, on the left, seems to be having issues with my nutrient load.
Any ideas on how to help the one on the left without harming the one in front and on the right, that seem to be doing okay with the current reservoir.

GT Day 58 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 58 since flip.

GT Day 58 flower (5).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 58 since flip. Tall pheno front and right, compact short pheno on back left.

GT Day 56 flower (5).JPG

Taller Golden Tiger phenotypes, okay with the nutrient load

GT Day 57 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger Day 57 since flip. Left pheno, the one that doesn't like the nutrient load.

GT Day 58 flower (8).JPG

Leaf damage on left plant, shorter more compact pheno Any ideas?

Fennecfox

IMG_2549.jpeg

I’ve been doing male runs outdoors in Canada for a couple years since outdoor prices collapsed.
I have a pack of golden tiger regs as well as the fem packs I popped. I didn’t want to waste the females outdoors because they can’t finish here.. so I reversed two extra clones I had outdoors with STS, I always put mothers outdoors to take cuts back indoors.

Both just started to turn purple very interesting for equatorial sativa everything turns purple in Canada. I want to cross golden tiger 2nd version to the 3rd version Thai Mai’s bud structure is very beautiful. I started spraying in mid July. Different tiger phenos seem to have less photoperiod sensitivity this one is like 2-3 weeks ahead of the other pheno.

I hope the outdoors helps the offsprings epigenetics adapt better to Canada’s cold maybe help a tiny bit on the Thais photoperiod. Haven’t see any pm or mold on the tigers. Very tough plants no drama at all.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Half of my GT #1, all of GT #2 and an early cola from GT #3 were put into jars today. I haven't sampled yet, but #1 smells of ripe mango, #2 has a Killer Malawi smell, and #3 is floral. The remainder of #1 and #3 still growing decided to have a big burst of reflowering - lots of white pistils. Unfortunately, it looks like they are getting a bit of PM. Never had that before. Not quite sure what to do at this stage.

Glad a couple of them have more elaborated, promising terpene profiles @Ras Kali Rasta hope you can start soon to enjoy your harvest and let us know your opinion on the different females.

A grower can not do much once powdwer mildew spreads after mid flowering, better harvest a bit earlier while the pm is still on the leaves and not reaching inside the buds.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I recently harvested my Golden Tiger and was surprised to find that all of the buds contained immature seeds. Is there anything I could’ve done differently to prevent this @dubi? CL🍀. :unsure:

Sorry to hear that @CaptainLucky :cautious: Did you see any male flower on your GTs ? is there any possible external source of pollen ? Are you growing the regular or feminized version ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I purchased ACE' Golden Tiger on the 28th of July 2022 and again on the the 30th. The plant on the left was germed in the middle of May this year. The two on the left were germinated on 6-13-23 from a different 3 pk. They appear to be two different versions or different phenos. I would appreciate any help on id.
It's hot here. I've watered #2 for the 2nd time. Next season I'm using much bigger pots
This is my first run and trying to do it right.

Thanks for choosing Golden Tiger for your first run @Ancient Old Far :)

Kindly post some pics through flowering stage and i will be able to evaluate your expressions in a more accurate way, especially in late flowering. Let me know if you have any doubt during these most important weeks of flowering.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello all. I was encouraged to visit the site and ask for suggestions about my Golden Tiger version two, hydro, flood and drain grow.

I use GH three part liquid nutes and have been advised to cut back on the nitrogen with this strain.

Since most of the nitrogen is in the Micro part. I gave them normal amounts of Grow and Bloom and restricted the Micro. I also use CalMag+ and have only been using one third the regular amount.

I have three plants from seed. Two seem to be one phenotype, tall with wide node spacing. The other pheno seems to be more compact with tighter node spacing.

The more compact one, on the left, seems to be having issues with my nutrient load.
Any ideas on how to help the one on the left without harming the one in front and on the right, that seem to be doing okay with the current reservoir.

View attachment 18891712
Leaf damage on left plant, shorter more compact pheno Any ideas?

A pleasure to have you among us @gwhunran :) thanks for choosing Golden Tiger fem for your current grow. If growing media is within correct ph, then the shorter GT is showing nutrient toxicity. Not sure if possible in your setup, but lower down the macro nutrients and ec for that plant, the other 2 taller GTs seem to do fine with current nutrient levels and are forming great sized colas.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
View attachment 18892552
I’ve been doing male runs outdoors in Canada for a couple years since outdoor prices collapsed.
I have a pack of golden tiger regs as well as the fem packs I popped. I didn’t want to waste the females outdoors because they can’t finish here.. so I reversed two extra clones I had outdoors with STS, I always put mothers outdoors to take cuts back indoors.

Both just started to turn purple very interesting for equatorial sativa everything turns purple in Canada. I want to cross golden tiger 2nd version to the 3rd version Thai Mai’s bud structure is very beautiful. I started spraying in mid July. Different tiger phenos seem to have less photoperiod sensitivity this one is like 2-3 weeks ahead of the other pheno.

I hope the outdoors helps the offsprings epigenetics adapt better to Canada’s cold maybe help a tiny bit on the Thais photoperiod. Haven’t see any pm or mold on the tigers. Very tough plants no drama at all.

Really interesting project @Fennecfox :yes: thanks for your interest on combining GT2 and GT3 in a single fem line, that would be an Old Malawi Killer dominant along with 3 different Thais (Meao, Koh Chang and Chiang Mai) :)