What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeding feminized

It's been said not to breed feminized strains. Is there a scientific explanation for this because I crossed G.D.P regular to Super silver haze feminine and had a very normal outcome.

bf80255

No, i used to beleive that because of the process of inhibiting ethelyne and the production of female parts in favor of balls you would be selecting for plants with a propensity to herm but after seeing enough progeny grows and hearing reports around the forums i now beleive its perfectly fine as long as the plant doesnt herm on its own (enviromental stressors ect ) its a chemical process so i doubt the plants will ever decide to Cs themselves and ruin your sensi :D

Matt8800

There are some misunderstanding about this subject in my opinion...

Reversing a female plant to produce male pollen can be a chore depending on the strain. You get a fraction of the pollen you would with regular males. The females that are the easiest to reverse to produce pollen are the ones with the most herm tendencies. IMHO, it is best to choose the female with the LEAST amount of pollen and use that.

A good breeder can produce feminized seeds with little herm tendencies and I believe tested plants can be bred successfully.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

a lot of people are mis reading this, he's asking/saying it ok to put a male (reg) over a feminized female plant. and result were fine

if results were fine then all is good.. they do say not to breed with fem seeds. so even a reg and a fem seed. and the reasons are hermie. but i think this may be brought on eaiser in some strains than others and such.. so i cant actually answer what your asking. but thats my oppinion..

i had a breeding question and didnt want to get a bunch of random oppinions on it so i emailed the owner of one of the most reputable seed companies out there and suprisingly he replied with great info. and was very supportive.

brock1

The fears of breeding fem seeds only comes from breeding fems with late hermi plants. Suma and a few others used to promote this breeding buts it's wrong to do this and say it's better because it's organic.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i have crossed reg over fem , grew out more than enough of the offspring without any hermi issue at all. i believe its gtg. its just what i experience others may vary.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i had fire go bx over white master kush, and white fire alien over white s1 aswel as white fire alien over white romulan . no issues with any of them , as stated grew out more than enough of them if there was going to be a problem it would have shown.( all raskal gear)