What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

buds too fluffy?????

novapat67

i harvested my white widow and let dry till the stem snapped.then i just put it in a mason jar. now when i usually buy bud from someone its more dense and compact. the stuff i picked is dry but its all fluffy and you can tell its homegrown. any ideas on why this is???

G

light intensity is #1 and perhaps feeding program may be number two. I would look at my lights forstly and dial in the intensity. Mine can be very dense with strong light.

Good luck!

Avid

Miss Mess

sometimes you just don't wind up with super dense buds when it's all said and done. It's all about many things combined....strain, growing conditions, flower time etc etc...

did you do a FULL cure? how long were the buds in the jars before you dipped your hands in? :yummy:

and for the record.....ain't a damn thing wrong with being able to tell it's "homegrown" *lol* :D

omega7

Sometimes buds are "rolled". You can let the bud dry for 24-48hours after the chop and then take the buds and gently roll them in your hand like playdoh. The more pressure you apply the tighter and smaller the bud will get. Another way they get compressed is from being jammed into a curing jar as to leave very little air space or as in commercial it is jammed into bags or vacuum sealed making it more compressed and dense. BUT both Avid and MM are right as well. Sometimes its lights and enviroment and sometimes thats just how the bud comes out..

G

"Homegrown" ???????????? lol my home growin is 5 fold as good as anything on the streets around here....

dont even dare compare the homegrown and commercial.. i agree the commercial is dense.. but im sure 2 grams of your homegrown would beat 5 of the regs any fucking day

G

The WW I've grown has always been pretty dense bud, but the first time i ever had it it was very fluffy but it was the best as far as trichs, taste, and potency. Lights are a major factor, as is everything else already stated above. The pressen em in the jars is a good method though for compacting them and also making look like they didnt just come straight out your garden, you know keepin it ninja like.

C

Chamba

9 times out of 10 the main cause of airy loose buds is the grower harvested too early...WW always produces dense resiny bud............but you must wait 10 ~ 12 weeks of 12/12 to get them to that stage

perhaps the seeds you grew were not WW?

and who mentioned water cure?...have you ever tried it? or is High Times spruiking this method this month as the bee's knees? sheesh...if you want your bud to shrink in size and weight, be tasteless, look exactly like cheap tea and crumbles to dust when herb grinded then please, knock yourself out... go right ahead a do your water cure

the only reason you would even thin of water curing is when the tree falls over in a storm into a mud or there are so many chemicals and ferts in the bud that it burns with a black ash and tastes like ass..even then you are better off just kiffing the guts out the bud and then smoke the kif and throw away the de-kiffed bud

cosmo

light intensity is definately a factor. i believe cooler temps in mid to late flower has an effect on density as well.

G

example of a bud grown in too cold an environment

example of a bud grown in too cold an environment

5538toocold.JPG

How cold is too cold though......

Back to the beginning of the thread, Novapat didn't give any details whatsoever about the grow, lights, medium, ferts, temps, lentgth of flower, nothing.......How can anybody help you with no information?

G

Hehe, so many things to say and so many of them are contradictory....

Seriously...light intensity makes a difference, but not always in the way you think (though probably...usually). I have a 'vampire' sativa growin. Get her too close to the light and the buds start veggin and stretchin real weird like. Back off a few feet and viola' nice tight resiny bud.....too close = crap .... a ways off...not so much.

Also I would add that it is possible your fert mix is off....too much N, not enough k or some such.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
That bud may have been grown in too cold of an environment but the lesbian manicure job doesnt help either.

ogDNH

my grow hits 50s at night it brings out colors and never caused my weed to have fluffy buds.now high temps and humidity in summer wreak havoc and thats when if at all i get fluffy buds

G

Your problem could also be a light leak in your grow room when your flowering check your grow room and see If you have a light leak.

G

Was it dense bud before it was dry??if so dont worry about it,ww can seem fluffy until a gooid long cure.

G

put the buds in your back pocket and sit on them.

voila, insta-dense buds!

Latest posts

Latest posts