What's new

seedlings cotyledons wont grow or even get green

QQNPK

I quess iam removing the plastic bag over her for good then, now it seems as if one of the cotys had digged itself into the stem and caused a wound overnight, which seems to be infected by fungi/bacteria ughh this one had a rough start lol now she gotta beat that possible infection before its safe to say she wilö make it

Attachments

• 20190606_180536.jpg
    20190606_180536.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 24

I wood

A slit in the bag is a good transition to open air, a day or two keeps the shock low.

Also a h2o2 spray can save many seedlings from fungal issues, early detection is key.
One part standard 3% h2o2 in nine parts water has always worked well for me.
I learned this growing cacti seedlings years ago when I couldn’t source any of the fungicides mentioned on the cacti forums. A daily spray lead me to a better success rate than expected with chemical fungicides.

QQNPK

A slit in the bag is a good transition to open air, a day or two keeps the shock low.

Also a h2o2 spray can save many seedlings from fungal issues, early detection is key.
One part standard 3% h2o2 in nine parts water has always worked well for me.
I learned this growing cacti seedlings years ago when I couldn’t source any of the fungicides mentioned on the cacti forums. A daily spray lead me to a better success rate than expected with chemical fungicides.
Thanks mate ill do that instead so she doesnt burn overnight or something the leaves are really tiny, i used to always have some h2o2 but the drug stores in sweden stopped selling the 3% and doesnt want to say why, quess i could go to a paint store or something and mix it myself. Really sucks cause i always treated wounds and stuff with 3% h2o2 :tiphat:

QQNPK

You sound so happy for Zoey's recovery that I can't avoid being sympathetic with you!

GO GO GO ZOEY !!!!! :woohoo:
:dance013::dance013::dance013:
:peacock:

Yeah i sure was mate but unfortunately she died of damping off, it was either due to the wound or to wet soil, but theres 7 pretty healthy seedlings left now so im pretty happy about that but it sure would have been great if Zoey made it.