What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

seedlings cotyledons wont grow or even get green

QQNPK

Hey guys anyone know why my seedling wont grow? It was germinated 23/5 along with 4 other seedlings, the others seems fine but this one wont even get past this stage its been yellow for days, it seems to be alive but what is it doing ? I thought they might be old seeds, its 2 Big Bud from sensi seeds - a freebie. The other one is doing fine but had white leaf tips but you can barely notice anymore. Should i put the plant in the shade? In darkness? or continue under the 600w hps until it improves? Thankful for any replies !! :tiphat:

Attachments

• 20190603_215115.jpg
    20190603_215115.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190603_215156.jpg
    20190603_215156.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 31
  • 20161219 030320
    20161219 030320
    104.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190603_220115.jpg
    20190603_220115.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 31

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Doesn't look like it will make it.

See if there is a membrane around the tip of the seedling.

Sometimes they get stuck like that and need help getting free to open.

festerous

Veteran
I had a couple like this recently. I put them in natural sunlight and all was well in a couple days.

I wood

Old seeds are fickle this way.
I’ve had some just linger for a month and fall over and some linger a month and grow out of it.
I just put them on the edge of garden in low to medium light and watch them being careful not to overwater.
Good luck.

QQNPK

Ok thanks alot guys, it took 3 days to rise from the soil after germ, then i had to pick of that membrane if thats the plastic kinda ting around it, and now its been like this atleast 4 days, ill try and put it in a window to see if i can get any green growing? At an angle it almost looks like the bottom coty is going slightly green but veeery slow

QQNPK

I forgot to mention iv put it behind a fan and even in a very shady spot in the tent, nothing seems to improve it but as the stem is still standing and looking pretty good i have still have some hope

QQNPK

Guys !! I put a plastic bag over it and sprayed it with water and look what happened in only a few hours !! Its opened up at first i was like oh no its dead but its more firm than ever and looks more white/cream now and not as yellow !! I dont have a humidity meter yet so i cant say for sure what its at, but i put a bucket of water in under the lamp next to the other seedlings, if this one does grow ill be so happy !!:woohoo:

Attachments

• 20190604_051100.jpg
    20190604_051100.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190604_051219.jpg
    20190604_051219.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 28
R

Rab.C

Bro i think a 600watt at 60cms over them seedlings might be too close.i got my 315cmh
70cms away from seedlings the now is it warm on the back of your hand

QQNPK

Yeah its probably abit close heheh i have been having to water 2 times a day cause its drying out so fast in the new "cocosoil" lol, and i think you mentioned humidity before which Definately seems to be really off i didnt have anything now iv atleast put a 10L bucket of water in and it had literally drained almost a cm of water after a few hours and i spray the room every 4th hour if i can remember it, id spray the walls and floor of the tent to keep it nice and moist, the leaves that were kinda twisted seems to be improving from more moisture and it goes pretty damn fast more so than iv been used to lately hehe, ill move the light 10 cm up but i have hooked up the fans better now ill get some new pics after 17, by the way Rab do you have any chance of having the light off from 11-17 etc its REALLY helped me now to deal with the heat from outside :tiphat:

QQNPK

Come on Zoey ur so close! I call her glowy zoey because she will reflect any light making it almost impoasible to photo lol, but shes comming along she needed moisture thats all i think :woohoo:

Attachments

• 20190605_002931.jpg
    20190605_002931.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190605_002852.jpg
    20190605_002852.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 33

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It's been really dry where I'm at lately, I've been required to use the humidity dome over my seedlings or they dry out :( I highly recommend a cheap hygrometer I got a https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013BKDO8/ and it works, but the lcd for the temperature broke within a year of having it. The humidity part still displays proper, but I started grabbing https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JXOKQVW/ they are 2x the price, but have worked great for 2 years without issue. They came slightly differently calibrated, but they can be recalibrated -+6% I've seen people grab the cheapo 3$ ones off aliexpress too, they don't tend to last as long but, I mean you'd have to go through 7 of them to equal 1 caliber.

QQNPK

It's been really dry where I'm at lately, I've been required to use the humidity dome over my seedlings or they dry out :( I highly recommend a cheap hygrometer I got a https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013BKDO8/ and it works, but the lcd for the temperature broke within a year of having it. The humidity part still displays proper, but I started grabbing https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JXOKQVW/ they are 2x the price, but have worked great for 2 years without issue. They came slightly differently calibrated, but they can be recalibrated -+6% I've seen people grab the cheapo 3$ ones off aliexpress too, they don't tend to last as long but, I mean you'd have to go through 7 of them to equal 1 caliber.
I see im not sure how its like here in sweden but its probably damn dry in my appartment too, iv removed vents to increase the suckage to decrease any smell hehe but im pretty damn sure its dry in the tent, im almost considering putting plastic bags over all of them a few days. I'll have to get one of them they would be cheaper than any i can find here even thought the shipping is 15$ thanks for the tip ! :tiphat:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I see im not sure how its like here in sweden but its probably damn dry in my appartment too, iv removed vents to increase the suckage to decrease any smell hehe but im pretty damn sure its dry in the tent, im almost considering putting plastic bags over all of them a few days. I'll have to get one of them they would be cheaper than any i can find here even thought the shipping is 15$ thanks for the tip ! :tiphat:
NP bro! Any digital hygrometer should work okay for the time being, they all break down eventually, it just matters how long, and I've found price isn't a great indicator of longevity.

R

Rab.C

Yes good idea i am going too veg & flower through the night.see if that help with temps.Cheer's Rab

QQNPK

Tadaaa ! Shes up and running lol i think its pretty safe to say she made it at this point, if i dont screw up that is hehe. So iv learned alot from this one and how important the right moisture is in the seedling phase, this plant feels special for me and i appreciate it greatly :tiphat:

Attachments

• 20190605_225852.jpg
    20190605_225852.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 23