What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush x ErdPurt fems

Samuel Caldwell

Hey again. Sorry for the lack of updates. Real life got a bit hectic this summer and I really didn't do these seeds justice. Two of the three ladies died shortly after transplanting them into flower. :frown:

The lone survivor is doing great! She's around 5 1/2 weeks of 12/12 now. She's very sturdy and has a HUGE round stalk! Her aroma reminds me of a berry (maybe?) bathroom cleaner, creamy sweet with a bit of a sharp bite underneath. I've got a clone of her that's doing very well so she'll definitely get another run or two or three.

picture.php

View image in gallery

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Samuel,

That's very strange, because something must go really wrong if a plant dies after a transplant. Did you consider what could be the reasons ? Glad the survivor is doing well and that you are working on with the new seedlings.

Samuel Caldwell

Hi Samuel,

That's very strange, because something must go really wrong if a plant dies after a transplant. Did you consider what could be the reasons ? Glad the survivor is doing well and that you are working on with the new seedlings.

Thanks, dubi. They weren't super healthy going into flower. The veg tent was overcrowded and my soil seems a bit rich for many younger plants. I always loosen up the rootball a bit when transplanting. I'm guessing all that plus the more intense flower lights were more than they could take.

The first BKxEP seed that popped is the one that's still alive in flower and her clone in veg. The second one that popped died in flower and none of her clones survived. The third one died in flower but I still have a clone. It's not really growing but it hasn't died yet. I put it in a pot in the veg room. I hope it survives but the one I've got looks nice. I'm looking forward to harvest!

Here's a couple pictures from today, around 6 weeks.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
The flowering plant looks like it’s turning out great :) Really good flower to leaf ratio on that individual. Wasn’t expecting the flower sets to be so large either. This is convincing me to get a pack to try out :)

Are the buds quite solid? They certainly look it.

Samuel Caldwell

Yes, flowers are very solid. It looks like it'll be a nice harvest.

I took a couple clones off the one I've got in veg this morning. She's not very branchy so not many to choose from and I want to keep her around for awhile.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
So if that’s the seed plant in the picture, plants from cuttings will come in even faster. Glad she’s getting a second run :)

What are the aromas like? Can you detect the distinct bubba smell at all?

Samuel Caldwell

So if that’s the seed plant in the picture, plants from cuttings will come in even faster. Glad she’s getting a second run :)

What are the aromas like? Can you detect the distinct bubba smell at all?

Sorry, I'm in an unfriendly state and don't have any experience with bubba. But from from everything I've read, yes, she's got a bubba smell. She's dark, earthy, coffee seems to fit, a bit of sweet berry underneath.

8 weeks today. She's getting close but I'll give her another week or so and keep an eye on her. Ace lists ErdPurt as 7-8 weeks and from what I've read Bubba Kush goes 8-9. She's showing some yellowing around the edges of her leaves. My flower room has been pretty warm lately, maybe that's causing trouble. I'll keep an eye on that, too.

full pic, tops, main bud and another random bud - auto color adjusted the photos on my laptop

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Samuel,

Your Bubba x ErdPurt survivor looks very well developed and chunky after 8 weeks of flowering :yummy:

Both Bubba Kush and ErdPurt produce classic coffee and earthy afghani terpenes, although ErdPurt has the berry, and Bubba Kush has a more refined texture on the palate.

Looks like she will be ready soon! ;)

Samuel Caldwell

Samuel Caldwell

I brought her down today at 10 weeks. Strong earthy coffee aromas, the bubba really seems to be shining through.

She's been mostly covered in orange red pistils for a few weeks so I'm a bit surprised to see her still pushing out new white ones. Buds are very solid. I'm really looking forward to trying her!

I trimmed most of her large leaves off.

Looking good brother... Funny ive been working on a Bangi xErd x Pre98 Bubba IBL for a couple of years now. Didnt even know there was an official line- methinks it will be a nice blend. Fingers crossed they stack up like yours outdoors. Bubba m i selected in the original x was very coffee mango so we shall see how she goes but id love some chocolate notes.

Samuel Caldwell

She's been in jars for three days now. I was venting them and decided to sample a couple tiny nugs. I chopped them up with scissors in a shot glass--they're very dense! Coffee flavor is definitely there, chocolate undertones. Effects were strong and fast, I'm having some trouble writing this. :)

Physically relaxing, I'm very comfortable. Little aches and pains seem relieved. Mentally very comfortable, too. It's taking me awhile to write this. I think I'll go enjoy it and write more later. :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your harvest Samuel,

Guess you will be enjoying the flowers of your labor very soon ;)
Hope she provides the kind of CBD smoke you are looking for.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hey Samuel,

Any notes on the smoke of this one now she’s cured a bit? How’s the cutting coming along? :)