What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

recommend an bubble cloner?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Those things are ridiculously easy to make, so I don't think I would buy one, personally. Now, if you were looking for an aeroponic cloner with misters and everything, then yeah, I could see buying one. But literally all you need is a large tupperware container with a rigid lid, a 2 inch hole saw and drill, 2 inch netcups, media, an air pump, air tubing, and a couple of bubble wands. That's it.

yahooman

Those things are ridiculously easy to make, so I don't think I would buy one, personally. Now, if you were looking for an aeroponic cloner with misters and everything, then yeah, I could see buying one. But literally all you need is a large tupperware container with a rigid lid, a 2 inch hole saw and drill, 2 inch netcups, media, an air pump, air tubing, and a couple of bubble wands. That's it.

thanks bro,,,is there a tutorial out there?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
There's a shit ton of them out there on the internet. I would just search Youtube, to be honest. But in a nutshell, it's as easy as this:

1. Get a tupperware storage container that matches the size you are looking for (80 to 100 sites would require a relatively big one) and that has a rigid lid that won't flex under the weight of the netcups and media.

2. Get a drill and put a 2 inch hole saw on it. Mark out where on the lid you want your netcups, and start drilling.

3. Take your bubble wands and suction (and/or silicone them) to the bottom of the container.

4. Attach the necessary 1/4" airline tubing (including tees, y-adapters, whatever you need to bring that tubing back to your air pump (some pumps come with manifolds to already split the output up, sometimes you have to buy adapters).

5. Fill with water to about an inch under where the bottoms of the netcups will be.

6. Put the lid on.

7. Put the netcups in the holes in the lid.

8. Plug in your air pump. You're done.

LostTribe

Premium user
im in the market for a 80-100 site bubble cloner....can anyor recommend a good one?

buy some neoprene collars and make your own with a rez, pump, pvc and misters from your local hardware store. They are AWSOME!!!! Use plenty of H202 and they are guaranteed to work like a charm!

Spinme

Buildabear

Buildabear

Just make 1
Hole saw
Styrofoam
Fish tank bubble bars tubing and a pump
Fish tank heater
Epoxy
Rubbermaid container
Ect

G

GatorGumbo

I'm actually in the middle of making an eleven site one out of a cooler. For the pots, I'm using red cups and black lava rock instead of clay marbles. I'll then put the whole thing in a glass humidity box and let them go to town. When they're set up I will just cut off the K cups and throw em in the dirt. At least that's the plan. Sounds ghetto but it cost me only about $10 for the pump, air stone and tubing.

Last edited:

King Rat

its really easy to make like hush already explained

for small scale get tupperware and for like 80 clones get a larger rigid plastic square container
all you need to do is to put a couple aquaristic air stones for bubbling in them.
the little bubbles arise and water splashes - thats enough to keep the stems constantly moist and aerated.

you dont necessarily need to find a box with a lid - just get the box and a flat plastic board to cover