What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Galveston Texas,,,sea isle ????

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Anyone know about this area? Got a job offer there non mj related..I know summer is hot not much shade,bugs..But now seems prime time..Need to save some cash up..Hoping for 5 months work or so then decide if heat,tourists ,bugs worth it.....Yeehaw..Feel free to pm me ..might leave Sunday if it works out..Working out job details now

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I will be mostly replacing the timbers under houses that keeps them elevated..Stilts. Lol..Basically long poles/ beams whatever keeping houses raised above sea level..

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Only one??? Ha bringing several as I do know gulf fish well...Blackened redfish is tasty...Mmmmm. Yeehaw

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
He even shows up at work with beer..But you must put it in cup....My friend has worked for him before...Yeehaw...No drug test ,no taxes..

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahhh yes, Texas, where men are men and sheep are scared!:biggrin:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

be careful bro, homes near water, rotting wood = high potential for various mold types, including black mold. :yoinks:

If they tell you not to worry, that you'll be provided with protective gear, run away, fast.

ronbo51

Veteran
Hey troutman

I moved to a beach town in the south and I fucking love it. The weather is almost always good. Real short irrelevant winter. I don't even own any long pants anymore. Always lots of funky little beach bars with live music. Great seafood. Beach homes are owned by people with money so construction work is available and well payed. Off season is chill but come Spring break its on. Waves of pretty girls looking for tales of beach adventure with money to spend. I never get tired of the beach. They don't really get surf in Galveston except for big storms but I bought a quality bodyboard and go out year round in any decent swell. It's fun as hell. Yeehaw. Finding a rental around beach towns is a challenge. White working class usually ends up in some pretty rough shit paying extra unless you want to drive. But island life is measured by the fact that any day you don't leave the island is a Victory.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Been there enough...30+ years ago...
Only good thing I can say is there's plenty of good fishing....
Whatever you do, don't go to Houston....Too easy to get killed there...

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
It's been 35+ years for me..

It's been 35+ years for me..

Been there enough...30+ years ago...
Only good thing I can say is there's plenty of good fishing....
Whatever you do, don't go to Houston....Too easy to get killed there...

I bunch of us G.I.'S from Fort Hood decided to go fishing in Galveston....

When we got there it was storming pretty hard so we decided to go to Neuevo Laredo across the border.

We drove up to a compound and a little Mexican kids says "Hey mister, you want to meat my sister?". We passed him and drove into the compound, which had a main building (the bar with the women). There were around a dozen of little shacks around.

Yikes, we got laid and didn't get any bugs.

I haven't been to a whorehouse since. :party: