What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So I guess Im done growing...

bagend12

In a non-med state here, and was growing for personal use mainly, but would flip some on the side to friends to supplement my income. Nothing huge, just a zip here and there.

A couple of things led up to this. First, a friend of mine got busted last year..he was always pretty careless and care free about stuff, so with him I suspected it was a matter time. I was worried there would be some blowback onto me from this so dialed things back and was shitting bricks for about a month.

Second...Im a gun owner...I know...don't need to be reminded of the perils of guns and growing. I had a relative visiting a few weeks back, so tore everything down, and put the moms and and things in veg out in a grassy overgrown area on my property. Thought I hid them pretty well..

During the relatives visit, I thought I'd celebrate my setting off a half pound canister of tannerite (don't know what this is, google it, but it's basically a target that goes " BOOM " when you shoot it). I do this a few times a year, but generally only around the 4th of July or memorial day when you expect to hear shit like that. FYI: I live in a rural/semi rural area where hunting, shooting, and explosions from people setting off fireworks or experimenting are somewhat the norm, not the exception, though it is a culture that is at odds with liberals moving in from out of state.

Well, the new liberal, anti-gun neighbors across the road (whom I have told before that I sometimes do this stuff, and have had to have hear it before over the summer from myself and others in the area), ended up call the police/firedepartment because they "heard an explosion".

3 fire trucks showed up, a dozen firefighters total stopped by my house. Once I explained what I was doing they pretty much rolled their eyes, as some or most of them are gun people as well who do the same thing.

Next, the state police show up..4-5 cops total. They pretty much did the same thing the FF's did, and only said to send the neighbor a text letting them know before hand when I will be doing stuff like that.

Now the thing is, the SP walked right by the spot where I hid my plants. As in literally within 2-3 feet....I was shitting bricks when I saw them walking towards me and afterwards I realized I don't know how they missed seeing my plants because one of them wasn't hidden as well as I thought, and the others were sticking out as it was early fall and while things around them were starting to turn brown, these were green. I suspect I am very lucky things did not turn out otherwise for me.

I really hate to tear everything down, get rid of my equipment and the stains I have as some of them are clone only strains from out of state, and I honestly LIKE growing and think cannabis is an amazing plant, but it's not worth it any more. Im not changing my status as a gun owner, and having two close calls with LEO (the other being my friend who got busted), is enough for me. Add in the fact that most people anymore are getting herb sent here from CA/CO and prices are way down, takes that incentive out of it.

Lastly, I've come to believe that if you do something illegal, it's only a matter of time before something happens and you get caught.

It was a good 15 year run for me...but its probably over and it makes me sad.

Last edited:

al70

Veteran
Ye just got a scare man, this time next year you'll be growing again, when the nerves settle, goodluck.

G

growhigh1233

i can totally relate, over the last 10 years iv had to stop growing 3 times 2 for security reasons .......... and each time i had to totally kill my catalogue of plants all of which were from seed so allot of time n effort in selection

everytime tho iv started back up again ..........i hope at some point you can to

troutman

Seed Whore
Trust me if those cops saw the plants you would be toast right now. They were only there
because of your little explosions that your antigun neighbor hates. I'm sure if you stop with
blowing up stuff your neighbor won't have anything to call on you anymore. Just keep the
mothers and stay low. You said it yourself they rolled their eyes.

In other words, if you stay low you'll be alright to continue growing. :comfort:

shithawk420

Veteran
How much tannerite did you use?they probably thought your house blew up.they probably could of called you or something first but I wouldn't blame your neighbors unless you didn't use much and they were being dicks,but tannerite can be serious business.I've seen my buddy tear down old barns with that stuff.just don't get crazy and you'll be alright.I know I wouldn't wanna be woke up by that

troutman

Seed Whore
How much tannerite did you use?they probably thought your house blew up.they probably could of called you or something first but I wouldn't blame your neighbors unless you didn't use much and they were being dicks,but tannerite can be serious business.I've seen my buddy tear down old barns with that stuff.just don't get crazy and you'll be alright.I know I wouldn't wanna be woke up by that

Have another drink Lahey. :woohoo:

bagend12

it was only a half pound...it was in the middle of the day also, so unless they were napping no one was woke up.

Heres the thing though, I've done it before this summer, once on the 4th and once on memorial day, others in the area do it, and others shoot in this area also, far more often than myself, and Im not the primary noise maker here, so by this point they should be used to it.

They are also going around to the different neighbors in the area, knocking on doors and saying I'm "shooting at dynamite". I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish with that except to try to sow division between myself and people I've known and been friendly with for years.

it was only a half pound...it was in the middle of the day also, so unless they were napping no one was woke up.

Heres the thing though, I've done it before this summer, once on the 4th and once on memorial day, others in the area do it, and others shoot in this area also, far more often than myself, and Im not the primary noise maker here, so by this point they should be used to it.

They are also going around to the different neighbors in the area, knocking on doors and saying I'm "shooting at dynamite". I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish with that except to try to sow division between myself and people I've known and been friendly with for years.
Unbeleivably lucky the SP didn't spot them in broad daylight, unless they turned a blind eye. :)

Like Troutman and Shithawk said, just don't give your [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]neighbors[/FONT] any reason to call the cops and you will be sweet.

bagend12

Unbeleivably lucky the SP didn't spot them in broad daylight, unless they turned a blind eye. :)

Like Troutman and Shithawk said, just don't give your [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]neighbors[/FONT] any reason to call the cops and you will be sweet.

Yup...a couple were also not hid as well as I had thought either...frankly it's amazing they didn't see them.

I firmly believe that another foot closer to them, or just sideways glance and seeing a hint of the green would have landed me on the local, if not national news..

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shit...

Make MORE noise!

Maybe they'll leave.

Order a 1lb bag of pyrotechnic Black Aluminum Oxide & mix it with a 20lb sack of 50-0-0 fertilizer to make a serious WHOMP in the woods.

St. Phatty

Could just wait a few months (on the growing) and play FPS Russia at full volume to help the liberal neighbor get used to the sounds of nature.

FPS Russia is a video website where they play with larger quantities of Tannerite, drones with machine guns etc etc etc and film everything.

hyposomniac

Sounds like a good time for desensitization therapy to remind your neighbors where you live. Daily tannerite celebrations. Get affidavits from your neighbors outlining their slander and remind them again what America is about (litigiousness in this case)

al70

Veteran
Yeah, n if there's gonna be panic, let it be organised, goodluck bagend.

Last edited:

Friend

Veteran
Maybe it's just me, but when i was growing in a non-med state.... I sure as shit didn't do a single thing that would attract any attention to my household, especially not "cause explosions in my yard"...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shit...

Make MORE noise!

Maybe they'll leave.

Order a 1lb bag of pyrotechnic Black Aluminum Oxide & mix it with a 20lb sack of 50-0-0 fertilizer to make a serious WHOMP in the woods.

put up a sign for 'Stump Removal' too, legit :)

igrowone

Veteran
the police have been by, you've survived the worst case situation
they make notes and your property just got put into the 'no problem' category
can't do better than that, just dial down the drama at home

Latest posts

Latest posts