What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any updates on Recepriocity?

KONY

Veteran
For other states MMJ cards?

Don't care about growing or buying, just want to be able to possess it legally when visiting.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
now that Hawaii has dispensaries their program is hitting the news.

Mich has it along with maine mass and RI, no? there's at least a dozen states but they wouldn't ever let me in a dispo with out of state cards.
I've had a med card in 3 states in the past 10 years and they never helped when I was away at another state.

maybe states with mmj reciprosity AND recreational will loosen up like Hawaii is.

Hawaii Medical Cannabis Reciprocity Update

Hawaii could soon become the next major medical cannabis destination in the United States. On July 10, 2018, house bill (HB) 2729 was passed, effectively legalizing reciprocity for out-of-state medical marijuana cardholders. Beginning as early as 2019, registered medical marijuana patients with valid, out-of-state medical marijuana cards will be able to legally purchase medical cannabis products in Hawaii. This could significantly boost sales for Hawaii’s emerging medical cannabis market as the state is already a booming tourist destination.

With dispensaries just opening last year after years of roadblocks, and the first just recently opening in Kauai, Hawaii’s medical cannabis market doesn’t always seem as bright and hopeful as the state tends to appear. However, things are certainly looking up for cannabis tourism in The Aloha State.

With the passing of Hawaii HB 2729 (beginning in 2019), medical marijuana cardholders from any U.S. state will be able purchase a Hawaii medical cannabis registration card that will allow them to make purchases from licensed Hawaii medical marijuana dispensaries.

he Hawaii medical cannabis registration card will cost $45 and will be valid for 60 days.

The bill also establishes limitations, safeguards and allows patients from around the United States additional access to care that their state may not permit. Additionally, the bill extends written certificates for up to three years for chronic conditions while approving pulmonary administration consumption devices (marijuana oil aerosols), as well as increasing THC limits in certain products. Furthermore, HB 2729 prohibits places of employment from discrimination or taking any punishable actions based solely on medical cannabis use or patient status.

Medical Cannabis Progress in Hawaii

In recent years, Governor Ige has not stood in the path of cannabis legislation. Despite going on record against decriminalization in 2012, before taking office as Governor in 2014, Ige has since voiced support for dispensaries on Hawaii since as early as 2015 and continued the trend by signing HB 2729.
Hawaii Governor David Ige

Since assuming the position in 2014, Governor Ige has made incremental steps for medical cannabis each year in office. 2014 began the efforts with the establishment of a two-year pilot program to study industrial hemp as biofuel and for other applications. In 2015, he enacted Act 241, which established a system for the state's dispensaries.

The following year expanded practitioner eligibility, ended Sunday sales prohibition and allowed cross-island transportation of medical cannabis between a dispensary production center and certified laboratory. Most recently in 2017, the Governor expanded patient eligibility for cannabis therapy and granted caregivers the ability to grow medical cannabis. In all, the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) gave Governor Ige a C rating for his cannabis efforts to date.
Roadblocks for HB 2729

Although HB 2729 eventually passed, there was quite a bit of hesitation and opposition throughout the process – most notably from the Hawaii Department of Health. On February 23rd of this year, the state DoH offered its opposition to HB 2729. In its statement, the Department explained that "This system would place dispensaries in a conflict of interest position of self-validating patients to whom they would sell products." They furthered their opposition around three key questions:

Would this bill provide the state’s legal protection for an out-of-state individual to possess and use cannabis
Do out-of-state individuals have to meet the state definition of qualifying patient including a debilitating medical condition recognized by the state
Would the reciprocity proposed in this bill require changes to other state statutes?

Additional concerns centered on the limited supply available to in-state patients – with several dispensaries still not open for business in the state. Despite the opposition, the Department did voice its support for the intention of the program with definitions included. However, it clarified that it was opposed to sections which could diminish "the state’s robust regulatory processes, potentially inviting federal law enforcement intervention, and risking access to medical cannabis by Hawaii’s local patients."
The Future of Medical Cannabis in Hawaii

Hawaii's in-state patient enrollment continues to boom, increasing by 33 percent in 2017 alone. With month-over-month growth at around 2 percent, the state is expected to have over 20,000 patients by the start of 2018.

Now halfway through the year, Hawaii could find itself catering to an even wider audience starting in 2019 with the addition of medical cannabis reciprocity. It’s safe to say many eyes will be on Hawaii as they roll out this program but only time will tell its true impact on the state’s emerging cannabis industry and tourism market.
https://potguide.com/pot-guide-marijuana-news/article/hawaii-medical-cannabis-reciprocity-update/

Hawaii dispensaries to allow reciprocity from any US medical cannabis cardholder

Changes to Hawaii’s medical marijuana laws will allow dispensaries to sell cannabis to registered MMJ cardholders from any U.S. state, a move that could significantly boost sales given the droves of tourists that visit the state annually.

Beginning next year, visitors to the Aloha State registered with the medical cannabis program in their U.S. state will be able to purchase a Hawaii MMJ registration card for $45 that will be valid for 60 days, HawaiiNewsNow reported.

Hawaii’s health department is predicting roughly 5,000 tourists will buy Hawaii registration cards the first year, with as many as 30,000 per year at peak numbers.

The new rules also:

Allow dispensaries to sell Safe Pulmonary Administration products (SPAs), which transform marijuana or marijuana oil into an aerosol.
Expedite MMJ registration cards for new patients, minors and people with cancer and in hospice. Those patients now can obtain cards in just one or two days.
Provide electronic patient registration cards that allow patients to download their registration information onto their smartphones and other electronic devices.

https://mjbizdaily.com/hawaii-dispe...city-from-any-us-medical-cannabis-cardholder/

cryptop

The closest way to get a card as an out of stater is to obtain "Seasonal Resident" status, which is defined as staying in the state for 30 consecutive days.

KONY

Veteran
The closest way to get a card as an out of stater is to obtain "Seasonal Resident" status, which is defined as staying in the state for 30 consecutive days.

That would be very easy for me to do
How strict are the doctors with medical records? I should say; do they accept good records, but ones that are 10 years old?
I have 2 mri's plus a buncha other records, however all of them are 10+ years old with the exception of my current mmj recommendation from out of state.

edit:

Chunky, what does that have to do with Florida MMJ?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm pretty sure some States don't require residency to obtain a card.

After all... They just want your money!

dddaver

Veteran
cryptop is confused on how things work.

EVERYBODY dealing with the issue in FL is. On the good side newly elected governor DeSantis's elected lieutenant gov. says the gov. will cancel all pending appeals on Jan 8, when he takes office. And lawyer John Morgan said last week he thinks flowers for mmj will be included.

Drewsif

If it's not wrong and you tell yourself it's not wrong you won't get busted for weed. Weed has its own karma system.. Thousands of religions and humanity has learned nothong.

Anyone ever charged did something very naughty, morally speaking and certainly doesn't believe in the spiritual nature of the herb.

I’ve heard that a lot of Airlines don’t care if you are flying to a legal state from a legal state.

Obviously be discreet about it...

Just what I’ve heard, I haven’t done it.

However, there are a lot of people that travel to Florida and they don’t want to be without their medication.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve heard that a lot of Airlines don’t care

I wouldn't try this now but hell we used to throw loaded pullmans at eastern airlines in miami -ft lauderdale to newark back in the 70's..( you could squeeze about 40lbs+ into a real pullman if you used a compactor first so if you had a few pieces..coffee bales generally were in the upper 30's with none reaching 40 .)....first class once the flight dropped from 30,00 feet to 12,000 feet like we got hit by something and the masks all dropped down, the pilots door swung open and the attendant was too hurried to close it properly and so it slammed against the wall far open and then close then open then close and we could see the navigator sweating profusely. I had the guy next to me, we were comparing wristwatches and so he was looking at mine and I was looking at his gold watch which was a double eagle gold coin in 3, it opened in the back and so I did what I knew I would do if I was about to die, I pulled the BIG vial out of my pocket and started drawing BIG lines to which several of my fellow passengers took part, 2 flight attendents.....
by the time we touched down at newark airport everyone was sufficiently snow blind, but as the plane taxi'd in, there was a long line of police cars, fire and first aid trucks, the pilot advised that we had all been invited to the eastern club but my partner and I were so wiped out from the blow and the flight we just slipped away, ready to fly another day :)

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
I wouldn't try this now but hell we used to.................................

I know I'm in for a treat when the story starts like this. Almost as good as Hey, hold my beer....and ammo. Anywhoooo....

........throw loaded pullmans at eastern airlines in miami -ft lauderdale to newark back in the 70's..( you could squeeze about 40lbs+ into a real pullman if you used a compactor first so if you had a few pieces..coffee bales generally were in the upper 30's with none reaching 40 .)....first class once the flight dropped from 30,00 feet to 12,000 feet like we got hit by something and the masks all dropped down, the pilots door swung open and the attendant was too hurried to close it properly and so it slammed against the wall far open and then close then open then close and we could see the navigator sweating profusely. I had the guy next to me, we were comparing wristwatches and so he was looking at mine and I was looking at his gold watch which was a double eagle gold coin in 3, it opened in the back and so I did what I knew I would do if I was about to die, I pulled the BIG vial out of my pocket and started drawing BIG lines to which several of my fellow passengers took part, 2 flight attendents.....
by the time we touched down at newark airport everyone was sufficiently snow blind, but as the plane taxi'd in, there was a long line of police cars, fire and first aid trucks, the pilot advised that we had all been invited to the eastern club but my partner and I were so wiped out from the blow and the flight we just slipped away, ready to fly another day :)

man, I miss the good ol days. and we wonder why the world is as fucked up as it is. all the people our age, did the same shit...are all in power.

:)

Rock on, my good man. I could write a book about my 70-90s.

-cap