What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

successful strains grown west of Oregon coast range

garyw

If you grow your plants west of the coast range of Oregon I would like to know of any sucessful strains you have grown on the beaches dealing with our range of climate here I am on the southern oregon coast west of hwy 101

Its always strong Northwest winds during grow season down that way. Sturdy stalks & branches. I'm opposite really far North Coast and just east of 101. Durban Poison has that structure and plus resist molds & mildews well. Mine are doing quite well.

garyw

Thanks.I am still trying to post photos and navigate and fix mistakes but cannot figure it out yet.

garyw

Last year I sucessfully grew one female and I should have killed the female and kept the seeds. anyway I grew some of the best I have ever smoked unfortunately they are non feminized seeds so it's a lucky draw. I grew Alaskan Thunderfuck. I got 8 ozs from one female.

Last year I sucessfully grew one female and I should have killed the female and kept the seeds. anyway I grew some of the best I have ever smoked unfortunately they are non feminized seeds so it's a lucky draw. I grew Alaskan Thunderfuck. I got 8 ozs from one female.

Way to go Gary. There is a lot of "marine layer" on the coast. Provides natural moisture in the early morning dew. It clears off around noon and the sun comes out......usually.

W

Water-

I lived in oceanside for a year. a bit furthur north

Dutch passion Durban Poison was hit and miss.
some phenos are fat skunk buds that will rot.
im not saying not to try it though.
I had a couple rot and couple make it

If possible I would try and find the Durban Poison cut that is around those parts.

Have you thought about doing auto flower?

garyw

This year I am growing 4 varieties. One clone Train Wreck so I am sure I have something to smoke. then another ATF, LSD and Pineapple Express. All in Roots fabric bags. True about wind. It is windy in June and July with gusts over 20 most days. The fabric pots have straight sides and will not tip over they are 27" across and 18 inches deep. Worked OK last year and stocks grew big and strong. I really like the 45 gallon bags this year and I am trying Aurora Innovations root fabric pots they take 2 bags of Aurora Innovations Greenfields this year instead of Ocean forest from Fox Farms. I am also using 20 gallons of raw Bladder Wrack seaweed mixed in the potting soil. Later I will add Uprising Grow and then Uprising Bloom also aurora Innovations and their retail outlet in Eugene Aqua Serene. not telling what I am growing in the Ocean Forest potting soil.

Oregonism

You should read up on Timewarp, which shares OPT as mom with Blueberry, Oregon Purple Thai. Texada and Victoria Islands are the usual victims in tracing lineage...long history of tolerating coastal conditions.
Also would like to recomm3nd something legit coming from SouthernAfrica like a Malawi....that part of the continent is off the equator and starts to share similar coastal conditions heading south....

DP is really good, but unless its cut only its legit, way too many fakes or hybrid backcrosses presented around the West coast...

Mr Jay

Veteran
I grow gobs of auto flower plants outdoors all summer and it works for me.

You can also grow any strain here if you learn how to light dep.