What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Charlottesville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaventa

Veteran
Thoughts with the relatives of the dead person and with the survivors.
I heard this all began over a statue of General Lee.
Then I heard a Dodge Charger ran amok.
What is that? coincidence? irony?

Trump supporters trying to MAGA. It's what the idiot president has brought out of the wood work and into the mainstream

shithawk420

Veteran
As far as I can tell it was the feminists and Antifa fanatics that started this shitstorm.they are absolutely batshit crazy.just look at YouTube videos

R

Rubber Chicken

Buffoon in chief bringing out the best in people......

Maybe he can say a new 'greatest speech people have ever heard' to calm tensions?

Spaventa

Veteran
As far as I can tell it was the feminists and Antifa fanatics that started this shitstorm.they are absolutely batshit crazy.just look at YouTube videos

the hard left media here makes it out to be an alt right problem but it was clearly the "ANTIFA" fascists who went to stir shit at a nationalist gathering because they hate freedom of speech and expression... if they don't agree with you.

This is disgusting, does any point yall made matter. People were hurt by a guy driving a car intentionally into a crowd. That's senseless violence, you don't provoke that, that's pure crazy evil at its finest.

What yall are implying is that if my wife provokes me, it's ok for me to drive a car into her.

Last edited:

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
What yall are implying is that if my wife provokes me, it's ok for me to drive a car into her.

gGqjFpw.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Violence breeds violence....

When the people of a so-called democratic nation cannot demonstrate peacefully to express their views you will find certain radical elements on both sides that resort to violence, and that could end up with fomenting a CIVIL WAR.

Just like the one Robert E. Lee fought and lost.

Cause and effect.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dbd_1502608503

@vonbudi it was intended as a simile to accentuate the Pont I felt shithawk and spaventa made; which was basically saying it's cool to drive a car into people as long as your provoked. Saying "Ohh but they started it" doesn't really apply to mass murder

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Is it "mental illness"? Or is it the inability to have a civil debate because of "feelings"?

Something to ponder--https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-liberal-crackup-1502456857

...As a teacher, I am increasingly struck by a difference between my conservative and progressive students. Contrary to the stereotype, the conservatives are far more likely to connect their engagements to a set of political ideas and principles. Young people on the left are much more inclined to say that they are engaged in politics as an X, concerned about other Xs and those issues touching on X-ness. And they are less and less comfortable with debate.

Over the past decade a new, and very revealing, locution has drifted from our universities into the media mainstream: Speaking as an X…This is not an anodyne phrase. It sets up a wall against any questions that come from a non-X perspective. Classroom conversations that once might have begun, I think A, and here is my argument, now take the form, Speaking as an X, I am offended that you claim B. What replaces argument, then, are taboos against unfamiliar ideas and contrary opinions.

"Speaking as an X, I am offended that you claim B."

"Speaking as a "snowflake", I am offended that you claim Robert E Lee and his confederacy has a place in MY American history--all vestiges of the past need to be erased."

Remember this?: The Buddhas of Bamiyan were over 1700 years old and March 2001 the Taliban blew them up since the statues were part of an "offensive past" and "all vestiges of the past need to be erased"...hmmm, sounds very similar, I think I've seen this movie before.

IMO, it is wrong to erase a portion of a nation's history because a small group of activists believe the actions of the past are "unfamiliar ideas and contrary opinions" of today; in other words...how honest is it to rewrite history so one can be politically correct today?

Should Germany erase all signs of the holocaust? Should Japan erase all signs of Hiroshima bombs?

Badfishy1

This is disgusting, does any point yall made matter. People were hurt by a guy driving a car intentionally into a crowd. That's senseless violence, you don't provoke that, that's pure crazy evil at its finest.

So similar to if wifey spills your dirty little bedroom secrets it's ok to kill her right? The same way Seth rich was murdered? Got your logic mate

^^Either way, it goes back to my original point, it appears you are implying that since another group did bad things first, it's okay to attempt mass murder?

I am a realist and as gypsy pointed out violence only begets more violence, someone has to stop the cycle of violence, sure as hell know its not gonna be me going doing anything of this crazy shit.

Badfishy1

^^Either way, it goes back to my original point, it appears you are implying that since another group did bad things first, it's okay to attempt mass murder?

I am a realist and as gypsy pointed out violence only begets more violence, someone has to stop the cycle of violence, sure as hell know its not gonna be me going doing anything of this crazy shit.

Jump off your 'implications' they are promoting stupidity not violence. Stop watching the fat left media and realize you are being used as a useful idiot. Fact is as long as the US focuses on differences the country will never unite. As long as we focus on differences amongst us we won't focus on the absolute corruption of power. The people need to UNITE to take on corruption at the highest levels. Fact is like it or not trump is president and 4-8 years of constant in fighting won't help you myself or the rest of the country

No, not a trump supporter either...

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
@vonbudi it was intended as a simile to accentuate the Pont I felt shithawk and spaventa made; which was basically saying it's cool to drive a car into people as long as your provoked. Saying "Ohh but they started it" doesn't really apply to mass murder

Neither I nor shithawk made any such point - you said it. Nobody attempted to justify or even explain the car driving into people.
We commented on how the liberal media bias is ignoring the FACTS that the So called anti fascists came and caused the violent conflict that ensued. The white nationalists didn't go looking for them!

The car is the bit I find slightly suspicious. Until that point, the media wouldn't have been able to frame the whole thing as alt right hate if it hadn't happened.. you know like how without WOMD or 9/11, Saddam and Osama would still be a pain in the ass to Zionist US and Israel.
The way a guy in a nice car (like the confederate flag painted general lee car)suddenly goes insane and does something that will only bring a world of shit on the white nationalists... that makes sense only by one explanation... the obvious one.. it was orchestrated by the those who are now seeking to capitalise on it in the fake news MSM. false flags are getting more and more obvious. The British pro EU mp who was murdered on the eve of the referendum on leaving it, by a alt right nationalist crazy... yeah right. They get these people from mental institutes, wind them up with mind control and drugs and watch them go destroy the enemy by association.

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
i gotta admit.i didnt know the whole story.nazi flags and stuff was uncalled for.but whats the difference with these liberal fucks burning American flags?they just want there fucking cake and eat it too.

The civil war didnt even have anything to do with slavery.Lincoln only used that angle to win the election.American History is WAAAYY different than most people realize.General Lee was one of the best military leaders in recorded history.

arent we forgeting a famous quote?"I dont agree with what you say,but ill defend to the death your right to say it."our fucking country was built on this philosophy.what the hell happened?oh,yeah.baby boomers and millenials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts