What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mid September powdery mildew

Anyone have a suggestion for dealing with pm outdoors. The main concern is knocking it back organically without risking bud damage or residues. Any suggestions?

I've tried green cure , but it browns hairs..
I'm a little hesitant on using something oil based this late. Serenade is more of a preventative IMO and isn't too effective on whiles its blooming.

minds_I

Veteran
Greenscure.OMRI, it works and at half strength won't burn pistals...that's been my experience

Treemama

My recommendation is to do a hydrogen peroxide wash when you harvest. I've unfortunately had a number of crops get PM and while doing some sprays will knock it down a bit the PM is still in the plant and likely in the buds, depending on how bad it gets.

I get a large plastic rectangular bucket (long enough to hold big branches) fill it with water and add about a cup of hydrogen peroxide. Dunk the branches and swish them around a bit. You'll visibly see the PM rise to the top of the water. Then spray the branches with plain water from a hose and hang to dry with fans on them. I've done this a number of times and had zero problems in how the buds smoke.

Milk diluted at 1-9 with water mixed with Potassium Bi-Carb (GreenCure) at 1/2 strength has worked for me. Been using Actinovate this season spraying once a week since early August, so far the Actinovate is keeping my P.M. under control this year.
The P.M. wash after harvest using Hydrogen Peroxide works well for me also.

TheOutlawTree

Water in some eagle 20 - it lasts 35 days so make sure your going to harvest after those 35 days- its some nasty stuff but it works amazingly

SativaBreather

Veteran
I told it last lot longer than 35 days - I'd go for optic foliar Atak which you can use safely up to 3 days before harvest

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I used Immunox 2 or 3 times during veg and I haven't seen any signs of PM as of yet. My strains (KC33 and Green Poison) are pretty resistant though.

Would you guys recommend the hydrogen peroxide wash as a standard sort of thing or only if you see PM?

Latest posts

Latest posts