What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What to do when Forbid fails?

krinen

I dunked all of my clones in a 1.2ml/gal Forbid solution two days ago. It seems that all of the mites are still alive and well....wtf....Should I wait a few days and hit them again? I also have some Floramite and a few Pyre bombs. I need to rid myself of these little bastards.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Forbid takes a couple of weeks to work...read the label and understand what your using b4 applying anything.... especially strong chems

Avid will work on contact...

krinen

Forbid takes a couple of weeks to work...read the label and understand what your using b4 applying anything.... especially strong chems

Avid will work on contact...

I must admit, I thought that food worked as quickly as floramite. I ordered an ounce of avid just so I have the triple threat incase it is completely needed.

GSPfan

Veteran
Forbid doesn't kill the mites but rather makes the plant inedible to them. Once they start to starve they will want to leave. I used it and all the mites transferred to a house plant so I brought that outside a burned it lol.

I have had lots of bugs and used different pesticides and had the best results with just plain old neem oil, start with spraying neem oil every three days mix the stuff properly !! spray the stuff properly !! warm the neem in your microwave, try 10 or 15 seconds so the neem is nicely liquefied and clear of waxy looking particals ect. warm the water you mix the neem in add enough dish soap to cause the neem to mix with the warm water and start spraying. Don't worry about the top of the leaves so much the bugs typically are on the underside of the leaves 99% of the time so spend most of your time spraying the undersides.

My employee who ran one of my places grew some very special super mites, by doing half-assed sprayings of everything, including Forbid. Mites became resistant to Floromite, Pyrethrens, Avid, Forbid, Azamax, Spinosad, basically everything.

I had webs on my vegging plants in my mother rooms!

I was ready to give up, scrap everything and bleach and start over, but then I found BEETHOVEN! DU DU DU duuum.
http://betterplants.basf.us/products/beethoven-tr-miticide-insecticide.html

Beethoven bug bomb cleared my rooms of mites completely. Done deal.

Not a fan of classical music, but Beethoven saved my ass! lol

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Yeah, Forbid isn't a contact killer.

I highly recommend not relying on Forbid alone... And with all due respect, please don't take offense to this... but...

READ THE FUCKING LABEL. :wallbash:

Okay, now that you've read the label, did you see something along the lines of not applying Forbid more than once or twice in a SEASON?

NEVER ever ever ever reapply in a few days. Just don't do it man.

There's this forsaken idea going around that Forbid is the magic potion... it's all you need... one and done... or... apply liberally... doesn't cause resistance...

:wallbash:

If you're going to use any 'nukes' whatsoever... Read. The. Label.

/endrant

With that being said, good luck man.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
you have access to lady bugs.. real ones? and a dome? if so lady bugs will eat em up in days and you won't have them anymore, thats the fastest as your going to get :)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had lots of bugs and used different pesticides and had the best results with just plain old neem oil, start with spraying neem oil every three days mix the stuff properly !! spray the stuff properly !! warm the neem in your microwave, try 10 or 15 seconds so the neem is nicely liquefied and clear of waxy looking particals ect. warm the water you mix the neem in add enough dish soap to cause the neem to mix with the warm water and start spraying. Don't worry about the top of the leaves so much the bugs typically are on the underside of the leaves 99% of the time so spend most of your time spraying the undersides.

Microwaving neem and half-assed spraying are terrible recommendations.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
oh good god do you realize what the smell would be :X reminds me of the mixture from viva la bam episode..... mustard ketchup pickles mayo and other amendments lol.

Thats a first, never heard of microwaving neem oil. I would never microwave anything given to a plant. It changes it's entire genetic structure of what your putting in the microwave. perfect example is this little girl did an experiment with 2 plants same kind and one she watered with tap water and the other she microwaved the water and let it sit to room temp and I think after a week or 2 the plant with the microwave water died while the other thrived. So that does not look good ya know?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran

actually if you look at it as a whole, most of the pests that affect cannabis are on top of the leaves and use the underside as cover. Mites eat the top parts of the leaves, thrips too and lay in soil like fungus gnats but the vast majority of them eat the top parts of the leaves not the underside. If you want to warm neem up you should really get a pan of warm water on the stove for a few min and put the bottle in the warm water. Microwaving it is not safe and im sure it destroys the neem's ability to properly work the way it is supposed to by changing the structure. Microwaves destroy thats why they litterly say "nuke" because you are nuking the hell out of whatever your microwaving.

Cartel530

Veteran
When i use forbid i have seen mites dangling like they were bungy jumping from the leaves to get away by the second day. It becomes active pretty fast from my experience. Sounds like they have met forbid before :)

Hydropimp

Veteran
I use a product that paralyzed them
In 5 sec 1 application and there are
Done.

It's a chemical agent pm me

I wood

This thread makes me so glad that I've only bought pot a couple of times since the eighties.
Pretty scary what some people are willing to ingest or feed other people.

marrdogg

Veteran
You know all I have to say is all those chemicals sound dangerous, would you seriously smoke that? I know how the war goes lost entire crops due to mites. I have always had mixed results with insecticide soaps until I used Orthos Insecticide Soap. Bottom line that shit worked period, I been down that slippery slope also spraying whatever I could find to try and kill those suckers and could never get them all. That soap knocked the fuck out of them. Been over a week have looked at damn near every leaf and nothings alive, nothing. See a bunch of dead mites and dried eggs but nothings alive or moving. Under the scope I can also see other bugs that once were but dried out now too. I never really trusted the "soaps" but this shit truly works, I mean it works!

Hydropimp

Veteran
@ mikell I don't post the me but if some one wants to try it

I will send it out but am sure people haven't tried what I have.

And I would clone the plants that are treated and star over. But I ave been
Mite free in one application.

Either get down or lay your plants down simple

Look at how many threads you read about ppl closing shop due to the little suckers

Dude I would not worry about chem products
Ppl stick shit in there bodies everyday fast food, process foods

So pick your poison

And I don't post what it is but I will let you try it and thank me later homie

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weak justifications.

Spider mites are an easy win, lazy one-cheek twits look for the silver one-shot solution.

Thanks for confirming my original conjecture :moon:

If you can't lay your method out in the open and accept communal judgement, whether for or against, of the product, wander back into your cave and grow your poison in the shadows. All I see is some douchecanoe that pops in to any thread about mites, and says "pm me dude, i've got the secret"

Latest posts

Latest posts