What's new

Soil grower here, Can I get away with a 3 day flush?

mobius

I have to chop sooner than expected for personal (security) reasons, normally i flush 1-2 weeks before harvest but I was wondering if I can get away with one good flush (3x amount of container) and then cutting three days later. Would the buds taste shitty after a dry and cure?

This is soil btw and plants have already been going strong for 9 weeks, most leaves already look yellow and dying like its been starved, so I'm seriously considering it, Input?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if it is a security reason...just chop now. Why wait three days...better to have smoke that doesn't taste exactly perfect than to take a security risk.

dank.Frank

Izoc666

I have to chop sooner than expected for personal (security) reasons, normally i flush 1-2 weeks before harvest but I was wondering if I can get away with one good flush (3x amount of container) and then cutting three days later. Would the buds taste shitty after a dry and cure?

This is soil btw and plants have already been going strong for 9 weeks, most leaves already look yellow and dying like its been starved, so I'm seriously considering it, Input?

first of thing, do you overfeed your plants ? if its not then you can chop now.

It had happened to me before for the security reason too. I was feeding my plants moderate, not overfeed. Had to chopped it down same day. I dont taste any nasty...its just good taste after you do the proper drying and curing way, you will be fine.

have a good meds and bountiful soon !

mobius

first of thing, do you overfeed your plants ? if its not then you can chop now.

It had happened to me before for the security reason too. I was feeding my plants moderate, not overfeed. Had to chopped it down same day. I dont taste any nasty...its just good taste after you do the proper drying and curing way, you will be fine.

have a good meds and bountiful soon !

if anything i probably underfed them too much, (had lots of deficiencies), i am using fox farm, never gave more than 1 tsp of tiger bloom per gallon. is that moderate?

already chopped one that was flushed 3 days ago. i ran about a dozen gallons through the pot until there was clear runoff. is there a quick way to check if these buds are going to taste like chem nutse?

Izoc666

if anything i probably underfed them too much, (had lots of deficiencies), i am using fox farm, never gave more than 1 tsp of tiger bloom per gallon. is that moderate?

already chopped one that was flushed 3 days ago. i ran about a dozen gallons through the pot until there was clear runoff. is there a quick way to check if these buds are going to taste like chem nutse?

if its undefed its great, but you will still taste the nasty if you mess up the drying process becase of the cholorophyll (misspell ?). It will best thing to hang intact with leaves on...it will slow drying, trust me its working very good.

Good luck

mobius

if its undefed its great, but you will still taste the nasty if you mess up the drying process becase of the cholorophyll (misspell ?). It will best thing to hang intact with leaves on...it will slow drying, trust me its working very good.

Good luck

That's what i'm doing, I just quick dried a couple branches to test. I cut one at the base of the stalk and hung it upside down to dry.

After testing a fresh bud (left in a paper bag overnight) it tastes "not like chemicals" is the only way. I know a long cure is necessary to bring out the full range of aromas and flavors but I can say the fresh bud had an 'earthy' taste and left behind white ash. Good sign?

Izoc666

That's what i'm doing, I just quick dried a couple branches to test. I cut one at the base of the stalk and hung it upside down to dry.

After testing a fresh bud (left in a paper bag overnight) it tastes "not like chemicals" is the only way. I know a long cure is necessary to bring out the full range of aromas and flavors but I can say the fresh bud had an 'earthy' taste and left behind white ash. Good sign?

Yes thats very good sign...i guess your doing fine :D

have a good meds to you !

Peace.

Latest posts

Latest posts