What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are the benefits of a flushing solution?

IC BUDZ

Ok so im coming down to the last few weeks of my grow cycle and im weighing the benefits of using a flush solution wondering if its worth the extra penny. Now ive never used a flush solution so i cant say they arent worth having heres what ive come up with
If using a flushing solution can shorten the flush cycle by up to a week then that is an extra week pumping them full of nutrients and possibly increasing overall yield but its kind of scary to me flushing a whole week less and possibly effecting the taste and quality! Any info,ideas or opinions would be much appreciated :peacock:

S

s00thsayer

i don't use flushing solutions. was waiting to see what people would say in support of them but so far nothing. i went to the hydro store when i got started years ago and read a few labels that said the ingredients were glucose and sucrose (i think) and the majority of the solution was listed as "inert ingredients"? ... probably water ... so i figured they were a waste of money. you might want to search about flushing with molasses as an alternative to the flushing solutions sold. lots of info on using molasses.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Using flushing solutions will increase the dividend of the stockholders of the company that makes the product.

Never saw a reason to use it in my own grows. Grow right and save a buck or two.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its mainly aloe extract and water,so its primary effect is to make the nute companies money,that said,some of them are useful for cleaning media and pumps and the like,and i understand dripclean is actually useful

clown baby

The main benefit is that the nutrient manufacturer makes more money.

In my experience, you shouldnt need to flush if you feed reasonably. You should feed on a bell curve. Start slow, ramp it up in the middle of flowering, and then taper off at the end. No need for extreme feedings or starvation.

If you're just trying to flush out your media, then water (and some sugar, if you care to add it) works just fine.

And just to add, as the guy above me said, dripclean works like a charm if youre running some kind of emitter or drip system. But I don't think that has to do with the original question

N

noyd666

:biggrin:. keep the dollars in yer pocket, and the flushing for the toilet,:artist:.

IC BUDZ

thanks for all the info guys i kind of figured they were a waste of money ive been flushing with 1 tbls per gallon blackstrap molasses the second to last week and then last week i go to staight water flushing and its worked with good results for me. What are you guys doing during the flush period?

Izoc666

I would prefer TAP water over flush solution (clearx).

I agreed with some posters that tapering some nutrient down of the last cycle.

Dont be scared...always expriment to see the best result for your practice.

Hope you will have the best meds and bountiful soon :D

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts