What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro vs. K.I.S.S. Method

Megas

So from what I've been reading both methods are essentially a one product nute solution for your plants.
I am hoping someone can fill me in on what I don't know or if anyone has any real experience with both products.
From what I understand, Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro's formula is pretty much made for Cannabis it's 9-3-6 + other things.
Where as MaxiBloom has the nutrients that the plants need give or take 5-15-14.

Thanks in advance, I plan on doing Coco Hempy buckets so if you have any advice for either method that would be great. I am honestly surprised K.I.S.S. seems to be as good as Lucas formula even without the extra product.

Megas

If you have high alkalinity water Dyna Pro has a big advantage. If you have low alkalinity water Maxi for the win.

http://www.greenhousegrower.com/article/22285

The local water report test me its in the range of 57 to 76. and Ph 7.20 to 8.05. So what does that tell us in terms of this?
Does adding Ph down change alkalinity?
I am just learning about this stuff, just a heads up. This whole hydro non easy soil this is a learning experience.

Homebrewer

Veteran
FWIW, I've used DynaGro with my hard tap water and my soft RO water, the pH stability is rock solid either way. I have no experience with the Maxi series but have years and years of experience with the Flora Series. Yosemite's first post about low alkalinity and GH matches my experience as the Flora Series in RO was a little more stable than when used with my tap water.

Alkalinity conversations aside, mineral content and NPK ratios should be the motivation behind your purchase as alkalinity in a dirt-like medium is not hard to deal with.

We switched over to Foliage Pro awhile ago. Rock solid at 5.9 everytime. We are in coco. our plants are insanely green and healthy.

We feed it with 1-2ml of CalMag and NOTHING else.

Coconutz

Veteran
ran into cal- while trying a small sample bottle of foliage pro in coco and RO
I also got a sample of magpro but wasnt using it.
I dont think mp contains any extra cal though

Zen Medz

Thinking about running 1/2 tsp Maxibloom and 1/2 tsp Maxigro for my next indoor run with coco. The nutrient profile looks pretty good.

MB: 5-15-14 or 1 tsp/gallon = 66-87-153
MB & MG 7.5-10-14 or 1 tsp/gallon = 99-58-153

Thinking about running 1/2 tsp Maxibloom and 1/2 tsp Maxigro for my next indoor run with coco. The nutrient profile looks pretty good.

MB: 5-15-14 or 1 tsp/gallon = 66-87-153
MB & MG 7.5-10-14 or 1 tsp/gallon = 99-58-153

Ive gotten perfect plants using this exact method actually

Zen Medz

Megas, If you're trying to keep things simple and only use one bottle I think you should consider Botanicare's CNS line also. The CNS Bloom for coco/soil nutrient profile looks real good and quite a few folks here are happy with it. Good luck!

Megas, If you're trying to keep things simple and only use one bottle I think you should consider Botanicare's CNS line also. The CNS Bloom for coco/soil nutrient profile looks real good and quite a few folks here are happy with it. Good luck!

I never had any luck with that line for some reason. I always had major deficiencies. Maybe it wanted to be ran much high like 2.0-2.5ec or something because i never ran it that high

Izoc666

I have used Dyna-Gro FP and GH's Maxi-Gro. they re both excellent fertilizer thats for sure...Dyna-Gro is complete nutrient. I would prefer Maxi Gro over Maxi Bloom for easy tweak than Maxi Bloom that you have to weight correct grams.

Just research before you decide to buy the fertilizer :D

good luck.

chinakush

Hey guys , if somebody new to dynagro wanted to try dyna fp in promix at a constant feed EC all the way through, what would b the recommend EC? I know homebrewer said U should never need more then a tsp per gallon and even still that's not every feeding, id like to try to feed nutes at a lower EC but every feeding with a couple flushes only here and there for salt build up id really like to give fp a try. And help would b appreciated and thanks in advance

Last edited:

Homebrewer

Veteran
Hey guys , if somebody new to dynagro wanted to try dyna fp in promix at a constant feed EC all the way through, what would b the recommend EC? I know homebrewer said U should never need more then a tsp per gallon and even still that's not every feeding, id like to try to feed nutes at a lower EC but every feeding with a couple flushes only here and there for salt build up id really like to give fp a try. And help would b appreciated and thanks in advance

I think the 'maintenance' directions on the bottle are a pretty good place to start. 1/2 tsp/gal I think?

chinakush

I think the 'maintenance' directions on the bottle are a pretty good place to start. 1/2 tsp/gal I think?

1/4tsp per gal I see on the label for maintenance, thanks for the quick reply homebrewer I study your posts and I appreciate all the research U provide here on ic it really helps a lot of people.

@Caravaggio I use FP for veg and my plants respond very well to it, I never thought about running it all the way through, how's the end product using FP

@Caravaggio I use FP for veg and my plants respond very well to it, I never thought about running it all the way through, how's the end product using FP

Fine thusfar.

It's basically a 3-1-2 which is essentially the same as House n Gardens Cocos so im thinking we should end up just fine. Just flush and stop feeding the last week.

Latest posts

Latest posts