What's new

Seeking original Ducksfoot

Majikoopa

Hey all. I've been searching high and low on the net trying to find some Ducksfoot seeds. I know the hybrids look pretty good, but I'd like to get some of the pure so that I might breed it with some Lowryder, an original which is also seeing a lot of hybridization lately due to its 8 week grow cycle. I figure this way I can get a totally discreet plant that only takes a short grow season, which would be perfect for my climate.

Can anybody help me find some? I would be willing to purchase them from whatever site anybody knows of that carries them.

Thank you!

-Majikoopa

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
just a friendly warning, i've made the same mistake in the past but yeah trading on here's strictly not allowed and you can get banned for posting about it, so probably best to edit your msg, also be careful when talking about other seed companies on here as that too is not looked upon well considering the people who've set up this page own their own seedbank and have affiliates and can't really have others being advertised on here. try sending the guys at seedboutique or seedbank an email as they might know more about availability and where to get some. that or just keep searching and keep an eye out on bou and bank for them. anyway just thought i'd let you know! best of luck in your search, there are a few people on here with it so best to search through the forums/threads and then ask people in the know for information on the strain.

Majikoopa

Thank you for letting me know! I would hate to be banned early on for being an idiot and not knowing the rules.

djonkoman

Veteran
I haven't bought them from cannabiogen, but I got my duckfoot from underground seeds collective as well.
they did well, but I mostly wanted them for breeding the leafshape(and just curiosity how that leafshape looks in real life). the weed that came from it was good, but not really my taste, so I'm going to select for a different smell/taste. it's a unique taste though, not the standard smell, so if you like ot it may be worth breeding for that taste as well. I'm not good at describing smells, and my nose isn't that good, but it mostly reminded me of the smell of elderberry-flowers.

the duckfoot I had were also really stinky, so don't expect too much stealth from it. they were also sensitive to budrot(compared to the other strains I grew, budrot is a big problem growing outdoors over here). and they got spidermites, while another strain growing alongside it wasn't bothered by the spidermites at all(at first I didn't recognise it, since I never had spidermites before, but after the white spots on the leaves got worse and I eventually got some webs on 2 plants I kept past their prime to ripen seeds, I recognised it were probably spidermites. I have them in small amounts since then, I've seen some on every generation of the duckfoot progeny, but it's just a few that don't really cause damage)

iWannaSeePics

I haven't bought them from cannabiogen, but I got my duckfoot from underground seeds collective as well.
they did well, but I mostly wanted them for breeding the leafshape(and just curiosity how that leafshape looks in real life). the weed that came from it was good, but not really my taste, so I'm going to select for a different smell/taste. it's a unique taste though, not the standard smell, so if you like ot it may be worth breeding for that taste as well. I'm not good at describing smells, and my nose isn't that good, but it mostly reminded me of the smell of elderberry-flowers.

the duckfoot I had were also really stinky, so don't expect too much stealth from it. they were also sensitive to budrot(compared to the other strains I grew, budrot is a big problem growing outdoors over here). and they got spidermites, while another strain growing alongside it wasn't bothered by the spidermites at all(at first I didn't recognise it, since I never had spidermites before, but after the white spots on the leaves got worse and I eventually got some webs on 2 plants I kept past their prime to ripen seeds, I recognised it were probably spidermites. I have them in small amounts since then, I've seen some on every generation of the duckfoot progeny, but it's just a few that don't really cause damage)

What part of the world do you live in (if you dont mind me asking)? How did you obtain them (Did you order from USC directly or)????
:bigeye: :bow: :watchplant:

cryptolab

It's nice to see there's a ready supply of these seeds.
I might 'waddle over' ... buy some and then ... take the plunge.

cryptolab

Thanks for mentioning that ducksfoot is so stinky.
And i now wonder what it might be crossed with to give it
more stealth.... Northern Lights, perhaps.
.... or what might be added to it's feed to
make it smell less, or smell like something else.

I wonder if neem oil would be helpful against spidermites.
I know neem oil works wonders with lots of other insect pests.
See here:
https://www.cannabisgreen.com/oil-neem-protects-cannabis-plants/

Just a thought :)

djonkoman

Veteran
Thanks for mentioning that ducksfoot is so stinky.
And i now wonder what it might be crossed with to give it
more stealth.... Northern Lights, perhaps.
.... or what might be added to it's feed to
make it smell less, or smell like something else.

I wonder if neem oil would be helpful against spidermites.
I know neem oil works wonders with lots of other insect pests.
See here:
https://www.cannabisgreen.com/oil-neem-protects-cannabis-plants/

Just a thought :)

I'm currently working with crosses I made with the ducksfoot, and I have one plant that I can't really smell, maybe a slight general plant-smell(it's currently halfway along flower or so, so it could start smelling more closer to finish). I have to wait for a moment when I smell more clearly to really judge it, but I might work that line for the stealth. although pretty much all plants of that cross are still too late. first cross I made was ducksfoot with several early strains, then selected back the webbed leaves. the plants from that cross are a little late, but do finish, pretty much all of them were harvested in the past few weeks. I then crossed a male from that to kumaoni, and selected back the webbed leaves over winter, and the plants from that cross are too late again due to the kumaoni.

that one without smell is not my favorite though, I have another of the same kumaoni-cross that has less leaf in the buds, finishes faster(it's the only one that's pretty much ripe now, not much amber trichomes though so I let her go for a little longer, she seems not really susceptible to budrot anyways), and has a really pleasant, unique smell. low yielder though(foxtails, and pretty much only bud at the top of the branches).

but that original ducksfoot with early strains-cross also did well this year, also on guerilla, so I'm going to continue with those too. seems like the ducksfoot gave trough more positive traits than just the leafshape.