What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5 Year Old Seeds (Did they Pop?)

Fixer

One of my under performing seedlings is strange looking. It's growing leaves but the whole plant's stunted. Any thoughts?

dunno.gif

Attachments

• IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 31

Fixer

I had to sacrifice the small one it was turning yellow.

Attachments

• IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1647.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Fixer

I'm adding nutes and bacteria this weekend.

:woohoo:

Attachments

• IMG_1671.jpg
    IMG_1671.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 26

Fixer

Yeah baby,Alex Haley would be proud.....I know I am.

:dance013:

Thanks NE, do you mind if I call you NE?

I've tapered the nutes up from about 50ppm, in the tap water, to 400ppm over the last week. I'm brewing some tea to start in the res tomorrow, which will be three weeks. How time flies!

Take a look at the picture of the single plant below. It's a bit of a mutant.

dance013.gif

Attachments

• IMG_1677.jpg
    IMG_1677.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1673.jpg
    IMG_1673.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Fixer

So 3 gal res change with tea (brewed 48 hrs), silica, boost and grow. I cleaned the res with dish soap. PPM set to 400, PH 5.8

Here comes Week 4

:mopper:

PS This plant is really odd looking. Anyone had anything like this?

Attachments

• IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1674.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 34

Fixer

Family Portrait

Family Portrait

It's late! Here's todays pic.
:blowbubbles:

Attachments

• IMG_1714.jpg
    IMG_1714.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 24

Fixer

After all of my yapping about beneficial bacteria I used some old tea bags and gave myself a mild case of silm. I dumped the res and took measures 6ml of Clear Res. :faint:

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 step forward,and 2 steps back.The life of growing sometimes.It all comes together in the end though.

Fixer

The slime appears to be under control. Thanks for your encouragement! Any recommendations for a handheld PH & EC meter. I've got a decent Milwaukee PH meter with a probe and a cheap pen style PPM meter. I received a Hanna Combo pen but I'm having buyers remorse. It takes a long time to achieve an accurate reading and needs calibration right out of the box..

Attachments

• IMG_1741.jpg
    IMG_1741.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1740.jpg
    IMG_1740.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blue lab my man,my ph pen and truncheon wand have years on them,and still run like the Energizer bunny

Fixer

I sent the Hanna pen back. It calibrated OK but it took forever to stabilize. I've got a Bluelab PPM pen in my cart. I'll order it when my cheap pen dies. I really didn't need a combo my old Milwaukee PH meter is still going strong.